Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Denis didnt deliver, Holmqvist a talent??

Well said Dutchie.

Huet isn't a proven #1 goalie. He is streaky. Holmqvist took his team further then Huet has.

Like Dutchie said, Huet is a better goalie than Holmqvist.

Oh, and by the way, that Ottawa goalie, that big guy..? He took his team to the finals. Pretty good goalie.. Not!

He took Ottowa alot further then Huet took his team. If your going to make an arguement, atleast have some facts behing you. Emory has more wins in playoff hockey this year Huet has in his career.

As a matter of fact, he probably has more wins then the Habs over the last 5 years.

He took Ottowa alot further then Huet took his team. If your going to make an arguement, atleast have some facts behing you. Emory has more wins in playoff hockey this year Huet has in his career.

As a matter of fact, he probably has more wins then the Habs over the last 5 years.

Facts?

Emery's:

a) positioning, b ) rebound control, c) lateral mouvement d) stick handling..

I think Emery has been working hard at his game, because he has improved over the last couple of years.

And you're right about the wins.

As a goalie ##### .. I'm pretty sure I'm biased (*)

(*)I have a pic of that guy in the left above my bed

camp.jpg

When I'm saying that goalie X is better than goalie Y and goalie Z.. I'm talking sound technical goaltending (positioning, skating..). My bad. ;)

Huet is a great #1 and the opposite of streaky, you need to watch some games.

He did struggle in the second half of last year before he got hurt in New Jeresy.

Huet for Olli? :king:

that'd be sweet but I don't see it happen unless we surrender another key player.

Agreed. Toss in someone else, like maybe Ryder and one of our 1sts this year.

you then we tossing two future ufa's. it's not enough.they'd be looking for youth...a sergei kostitsyn or some one like that.

you then we tossing two future ufa's. it's not enough.they'd be looking for youth...a sergei kostitsyn or some one like that.

The fact that they will be UFA means nothing - who in their right mind would leave Florida just before they open the Harry Potter theme park! :clap:

The fact that they will be UFA means nothing - who in their right mind would leave Florida just before they open the Harry Potter theme park! :clap:

lol

ME, ME and Me :lol:

Careful with Marleau. His play significantly declined over the last 25+ games of the regular season; whether this was a physical injury or some other personal problem - nothing has been disclosed

I heard about a "lower body injury". Can't find the source. Seems it's not personal problems.

Did anyone catched an interview where timmins said Samsonov had imprevisible serious personal problems in the beginning of the seasons which explains his poor performance and incapacity to adapt to Montreal?

While I agree that a player's playoff track record is significant, I have to laugh at people who reject highly talented players on this basis. Remember everyone who said Datsyuk would be a terrible UFA signing, because he's done nothing at playoff time? Turns out he as a BEAST this playoff. Sign elite players. THEN challenge them to raise their game when it counts.

While I agree that a player's playoff track record is significant, I have to laugh at people who reject highly talented players on this basis. Remember everyone who said Datsyuk would be a terrible UFA signing, because he's done nothing at playoff time? Turns out he as a BEAST this playoff. Sign elite players. THEN challenge them to raise their game when it counts.

I agree completely. The only problem is some players won't respond to challenges (eg, Samsonov and Kovalev to name our own)

Kovalev is Mr. Clutch. No, he didn't play well in our last two games but he's not a superhero. He was doing his best. I noticed he looked a bit.... scared whenever the camera showed him on the bench, in our last game of the season.

And when Samsonov was called out, he came back hustling.

Kovalev is Mr. Clutch. No, he didn't play well in our last two games but he's not a superhero. He was doing his best. I noticed he looked a bit.... scared whenever the camera showed him on the bench, in our last game of the season.

I agree about samsonov hustling...he was paid a butt load of money to do so though. It was obviously not enough as 99% of all fourth line players do the same for a fraction of the money Sammy got..

As for calling Kovalev Mr.Clutch, thats going a bit overboard don't ya think? 3 gamewinners all year should say something to that. Especially with the amount of ice time and PP time he gets (1332 mins for the year)

In comparison Latendress had 2 gw goals (only 2 goals less then kovalev on the season) in 993 minutes total ice time this season.

Kovalev is only Mr. Clutch when he's in the playoffs. The last games in the regular season that could have propelled the Habs into the playoffs might have had a playoff feel to it but they still were regular season games.

Kovalev is only Mr. Clutch when he's in the playoffs. The last games in the regular season that could have propelled the Habs into the playoffs might have had a playoff feel to it but they still were regular season games.

Kovalev, the guy's human. He clearly was screwed up last season - angry at the coach, damaged by injury, and possibly even lacking confidence. I'm not making excuses for him, but judging his credibility as a 'clutch' player on the sole basis of last season is unfair even to him.

I got nothing against him in the regular season. I believe he had a bad season and that's normal, you can't always have awesome seasons all the time. I'm just pointing out that he steps up his game and becomes a key player in the playoffs.

I really want to give Samsonov a second chance, I really like him. But im pretty sure he wants to leave montreal.

Kovalev is hardly "Mr. Clutch". Heck, he's hardly "Mr. Clean".

I'd call Ryder clutch based on what he did in the biggest game of the season. Of course, you can argue with me all you want about Kovalev's past history, but I seem to remember him skating around crying like a baby after a phantom slash, while a Boston player skated by and scored a game winner that cost Montreal a big playoff game against Boston a few years back. I also remember how he disappeared after Saku Koivu got injured against Carolina.

Real clutch.

Now sure, I don't expect him to score all the time, but frankly for all the hassle and baggage that he carries, you'd expect him to do more than he what he did last season. And he was scared? Maybe Chris Higgins and Tomas Plekanec being scared is acceptable, but not a veteran player who's supposed to be the team's offensive leader.