Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I liked Hartnell, but not at that price. More power to him, I guess.

Marleau would easily be worth Plecks, I think. Hope there is truth to this.

Straight up? Marleau is worth much more.

Plekanek is not moving anywhere. The chemistry with Kots is too good for a thought of trading him.

Ryder is not signed and Hartnell salary just got him tougher to trade. San Jose have similar player that can do the job.

No trade there, just Ek Clown throwing everywhere and when it happens, hey i got right!!

I meant Pleks in a package, of course.

I think the Sharks will be more patient and keep more or less the same team, certainly won't move their big guns yet. No Marleau for us, I bet.

e4 - wasn't that ek's linescore when he played 2nd base in little league? Grade-A w**ker.

Just read a rumour from a blogspot guy that the Habs were talking to Columbus about getting Jason Chimera... I guess the deal sound a bit like Milroy and either Dandy or Bouillon and a late pick for him.

:hlogo:

Just read a rumour from a blogspot guy that the Habs were talking to Colombus about getting Jason Chimera... I guess the deal sound a bit like Milroy and either Dandy or Bouillon and a late pick for him.

more like getting another Johnson but for the LW... why is this guy gonna take more than a 7th round pick to get? 3 years younger? unless they think he can play on the second line.. oh wait how much does this guy cost that might be the reason.. yeap 750k thats the reason!

Just read a rumour from a blogspot guy that the Habs were talking to Colombus about getting Jason Chimera... I guess the deal sound a bit like Milroy and either Dandy or Bouillon and a late pick for him.

Interesting side note to that rumor... Milroy passed Chimera for the all-time lead in GP for the Bulldogs earlier this year.

I like Chimera. Good wheels, solid character guy. The same could be said about any of the players involved, really. I guess Columbus is looking for a vet blueliner to pick up some of the slack minutes if this is true.

I would do that deal if we can keep Souray or sign a good UFA defenceman so that we don't need both Dandenault and Bouillon. Chimera is possibly the fastest skater in the NHL, he'd be good on a checking line like he is in Columbus. We'd also dump a bit of capspace in that deal, I believe.

I would do that deal if we can keep Souray or sign a good UFA defenceman so that we don't need both Dandenault and Bouillon. Chimera is possibly the fastest skater in the NHL, he'd be good on a checking line like he is in Columbus. We'd also dump a bit of capspace in that deal, I believe.

We'll definitely need to get a top 4 d-man, but this clears more cap room to do it.

Imagine if we got both Chimera and Marleau? Talk about upgrading our speed... those 2 are incredibly quick.

I love that rumor. First, because I love Chimera. He's my favorite Jacket not named Rick Nash. He's fast, plays defense, and can finish pretty well. He can be a great penalty killer and gives 100%. Second, moving Dandy or Bouillon would pretty much ensure that the Habs are going to dip into the free agent market and make some noise, which we need to do to fix the blueline.

Well if it was Dandy or Cube, then wed save about a million each way.. and with our cap space narrowing down a million could help us alot.

We'll definitely need to get a top 4 d-man, but this clears more cap room to do it.

Imagine if we got both Chimera and Marleau? Talk about upgrading our speed... those 2 are incredibly quick.

Yep. Those two actually might be the two fastest skaters in the NHL. My only concern about Marleau is that he might not equal the sum of his parts.

Well assuming these rumours turn out to be true then wed have lines that look something like...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Latendresse-Marleau-Kovalev

Chimera-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Begin-Chipchura-Lapierre/Lahti

...of course this is without knowing what wed give to get Marleau.

Assuming we traded Ryder, Perezhogin 12th and 22nd oa for Marleau and then Dandenault + Milroy (+ late pick if necessary) for Chimera, my lines would be:

Grabovski-Koivu-Lahti

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Begin-Lapierre-Chimera

If Grabovski doesn't make the team as a LW or Lahti doesn't cut it on the 2nd line, we can use Salmelainen or Streit as a forward or try bumping up Chimera (though I doubt that would work). It looks like we might need to sign a forward if we want that to work. Or we can just say "screw our past chemistry" and start from scratch:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Chimera-Plekanec-Lahti

Begin-Lapierre-Salmelainen

I doubt we give up that much just to get Marleau... methinks, Ryder 26th oa.

It seems too easy to me. And don't forget that Perezhogin hardly has any value while he's playing in Russia. The main difference is that 12th oa pick.

It seems too easy to me. And don't forget that Perezhogin hardly has any value while he's playing in Russia. The main difference is that 12th oa pick.

Nah I have a good feeling were going to take Espo with that pick.

If they do pick ESPO you can look forward to front pages of the Gazette to look like this.....

ANGELOESPOSITO.jpg

Since the draft isn't very deep and we need a crazy a$$ forward that can fight I would take a chance on Akim. No-one has really mentioned that kid. It seems the hazing incident is talked about more. Maby pick him later then 1st round but we need a Chris Neil type. Towards the end of last year Refs were letting shit go and with the new instigator rule expect the bullies to start making a comeback.

Assuming we traded Ryder, Perezhogin 12th and 22nd oa for Marleau and then Dandenault + Milroy (+ late pick if necessary) for Chimera, my lines would be:

Grabovski-Koivu-Lahti

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Begin-Lapierre-Chimera

If Grabovski doesn't make the team as a LW or Lahti doesn't cut it on the 2nd line, we can use Salmelainen or Streit as a forward or try bumping up Chimera (though I doubt that would work). It looks like we might need to sign a forward if we want that to work. Or we can just say "screw our past chemistry" and start from scratch:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Chimera-Plekanec-Lahti

Begin-Lapierre-Salmelainen

Can we just wait to see if Lathi will make the big club ???