Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I think right now the Habs really need to key in on signing a Dman. With Emelin not coming over and Souray on the way out probably our D is in big trouble. I for one would really like Priessing (sp) I think he is very underated and he wouldn't cost much. I am not sure how he ended the season in terms of +/- but I know he led the Senators throughout a lot of the season in that statistic. In terms of living he would not need to move far, he knows the division and I think he would settle in Montreal quite nicely.

Even though we need a Defenceman I don't think we need to go crazy and spend an insane amount of money on one big name UFA. I think between BG, Timmins, Carbo and Muller they know what is out there in terms of talent and hopefully they can pick up a quality Defenceman at a reasonable price.

Edited by Habsfan24

I think we will have to give up our 12th pick to get Marleau. (besides other assets)

I wouldn't mind to tell you the truth.

We have quite a few prospects now in the system and Marleau needs to be a 1st line center now that he's hitting his prime.

I think Gainey should try and trade Souray's rights much like Philly's GM did. Maybe to San Jose?

I also think Pitkanen would be a great pick-up.. he was burnt out last season, he played the most out of all the Flyers' D and because they were poorly on the defensive side, his +/- was lousy. He has size and quite a bit of time on his side for improvement. I just hope we wouldn't have to give up much for him.

Just read a rumour from a blogspot guy that the Habs were talking to Columbus about getting Jason Chimera... I guess the deal sound a bit like Milroy and either Dandy or Bouillon and a late pick for him.

:hlogo:

Is that just a selfmade rumor/proposal or does he have a source? Could you give us the link?

Anyways, really would like to dump Dandenault as I don't see him much of a help for our d-corp.

I know it's all speculation, but Marleau's speed would be wasted on a line with Kovalev and Latendresse.

As for Preissing, I think he'll go back west. He's from Colorado, they have some openings on D, if he signs for $3m I think it's a good fit. I think he'll get up to $3.5m with the market as it is and his age.

To replace Souray, do we look for a PP guy? A physical guy? Is O'Byrne ready? Think Boucher is still available out of Dallas? His name came up a bit when they got knocked out as possible trade bait.

Anaheim's #44 is Special Nieds, BTW. He didn't give it up when Pronger came to town. Pronger took #25.

that leaves defensemen Brian Rafalski and Roman Hamrlik as the prime candidates left as UFA go

Those guys are going for over 6 Mil each.

Should we spend that much?

Tradewise Im for giving up all our picks this draft if need be ... to get that Centreman and Dman and fill in the holes with whats left of Hamilton

that leaves defensemen Brian Rafalski and Roman Hamrlik as the prime candidates left as UFA go

Those guys are going for over 6 Mil each.

Should we spend that much?

Tradewise Im for giving up all our picks this draft if need be ... to get that Centreman and Dman and fill in the holes with whats left of Hamilton

Brian Rafalski, yes ... Roman Hamrlik, no! Btw. Hamrlik and 6 million would be more than ridicilous anyways, never would do that.

If they do pick ESPO you can look forward to front pages of the Gazette to look like this.....

ANGELOESPOSITO.jpg

Since the draft isn't very deep and we need a crazy a$$ forward that can fight I would take a chance on Akim. No-one has really mentioned that kid. It seems the hazing incident is talked about more. Maby pick him later then 1st round but we need a Chris Neil type. Towards the end of last year Refs were letting shit go and with the new instigator rule expect the bullies to start making a comeback.

Wasn't it Akim Aliu that said "Koivu is shit" to somebody on this board recently?

Can we just wait to see if Lathi will make the big club ???

I can't imagine at 25 years old that he would have signed a deal to leave Europe and play in Hamilton next season. It has to be a one way contract.

Can or has anyone confirmed this?

"Allegedly."

I love it.

Unfortunately, he "Allegedly" has the skills to play in the NHL too :lol:

Edited by Habitforming

Aliu seems like a decent pick at 22. He's got all the talent in the world really, but the "old boys club" that runs the NHL will be a bit wary of him because of his fights with Downie and whatnot. There are supposedly some "character" problems. He could be a real good power forward I think e.g. Doan or Iginla, or he could be the next Terry Ryan if he doesn't work hard... Bit of a crapshoot, but this draft is hardly anything but.

The Canadiens could try to pick a more "safe" (if there is such a thing) prospect at 12, possibly one of the defensemen out there, then wait for Aliu to slide to 22.

As for him calling Koivu "shit", I don't know about that. Never heard of it before, and there's no source for it

As for him calling Koivu "shit", I don't know about that. Never heard of it before, and there's no source for it

Some one from this board was at a cottage party of sorts and Aliu was there. The topic went to hockey at some points and Aliu said "Koivu was shit".

That's where this came from, not in the media or anything.

Is that just a selfmade rumor/proposal or does he have a source? Could you give us the link?

Anyways, really would like to dump Dandenault as I don't see him much of a help for our d-corp.

I didnt make it up... I read it in two different places, http://puckmania.blogspot.com/ and the other i dont remember how i found it but the first suggest that wed have our 12th pick in the deal, i laughed at it, but the other source said it would be a very low pick.

This guy also has it posted that were going to trade Ryder and Halak for Horton at the draft.

:hlogo:

Can we just wait to see if Lathi will make the big club ???

Why would he sign with us if he weren't going to make the team? We're not desperate and he wasn't desperate. He left Finland (or wherever he was playing) so that he could play in the NHL. If he's not ready we keep him anyway until he becomes useful.

I don't care if he actually did call Koivu shit. If you're talking to a Leafs fan and he brings up how Sundin will kick the Habs' ass you'd say "Sundin is shit" to taunt him even if you know Sundin is great. Even if it's true, it means nothing. If he were in Montreal he'd say Koivu's great and call other players shit.

Again on Jason Chimera rumour, i think it makes senses as Bob wants to fill third lines

duties with good and cheap players. Chimera salary last year was 750 000$ and chipped some goals.

Johnson wants to stay but his price has to go down.

But i like the idea of Chimera-Chipchura-Johnson

And Colombus need a right handed defense and Dandenault speed could interest them.

I would be all for it. 1 on 1. No Milroy or draft pick.

Again on Jason Chimera rumour, i think it makes senses as Bob wants to fill third lines

duties with good and cheap players. Chimera salary last year was 750 000$ and chipped some goals.

Johnson wants to stay but his price has to go down.

But i like the idea of Chimera-Chipchura-Johnson

And Colombus need a right handed defense and Dandenault speed could interest them.

I would be all for it. 1 on 1. No Milroy or draft pick.

Dandy and Milroy only if true, no draft pick.... Why do some think the Habs a very interested in trading both draft picks?

Losing Milroy isn't really much of a loss. It's just farm depth which we should have a lot of considering how many good prospects we have. Some of them won't make it, just like Milroy didn't. I value the picks more though as Timmins seems to be able to pick anyone out of anywhere.

Nylander and his NEW agent means he aint signing for less than 4.5 and more around 5 Mil a season!

Habs are in a good position to overpay for that old geezer... but should we? he would want 4 years at that!

he'd be 39 after that! no way!

Edited by CoRvInA

whats all this anaheim Mtl rumor that is losing strength?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8104

MArleau is still e4 and wait Bertuzzi?

No idea about Anaheim (it probably involved the rights to Souray, would be my guess). But I'm glad to hear that Marleau is still in play - at least according to Eklund. I'm a huge believer that he, or a player of his profile, is indispensable if this team is ever to have a hope of contending.

Bertuzzi's a prick, but if you can get him for a song, why not.

No idea about Anaheim (it probably involved the rights to Souray, would be my guess). But I'm glad to hear that Marleau is still in play - at least according to Eklund. I'm a huge believer that he, or a player of his profile, is indispensable if this team is ever to have a hope of contending.

Bertuzzi's a prick, but if you can get him for a song, why not.

Because we have enough drama in Montreal to begin with, that's why. I'd rather have Yashin in MTL than Big Bert.

But yes, Marleau would be nice :D

I would take Big Bert at a cheap deal see if he can get back on his mean streak because when he is a mean player is the best power forward in the league he could teach Lats a lot.

I would take Big Bert at a cheap deal see if he can get back on his mean streak because when he is a mean player is the best power forward in the league he could teach Lats a lot.

how to skate like the wind

how to disapear in the playoffs

how to break someone's neck

how to have crocodile tears in front of the camera.

IMO Bill guerin at 3M would be a better bargain for your buck.