bar

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate the flyers

and the refs

Ok, I officially have a man-crush on PK. The scrum starts up, who does he go after?

Pronger.

Hope he plays tomorrow.

Hope Spaceman's ok.

My favourite was on the PP when they picked it up in our end and he started flying.. then looked back and wondered why the puck carrier and the other 3 guys were sauntering along... he has to hold up... next play.. he takes it himself.. lol

I know everyone doesn't want to rush PK, but damn, is it hard to not want him to play everyday. Most of our D look at the puck like it's a bomb, PK wants the puck!

I know everyone doesn't want to rush PK, but damn, is it hard to not want him to play everyday. Most of our D look at the puck like it's a bomb, PK wants the puck!

This is an endless loop in Montreal.

Fans want to rush the prospects, then when they struggle (like 90% of young players do) the fanbase goes all revisionist history and blames management for not protecting our prospects and rushing them.

Lats, Paccioretty, Price and now Subban.

Let the kid go back to Hamilton and continue to dominate.

This season is not a priority, but Subban's development is.

The problem is Wams...is that he is what the habs need RIGHT now. There is no one that can do what he does but Markov. It's like Pac, Price and Lats...he currently fills a need the habs have.

There's reason to believe he may be that 10% that doesn't fail.

Edited by bar

The problem is Wams...is that he is what the habs need RIGHT now. There is no one that can do what he does but Markov. It's like Pac, Price and Lats...he currently fills a need the habs have.

There's reason to believe he may be that 10% that doesn't fail.

Is it worth the risk for a first round playoff loss though?

Hehe I'm a gambling man...so I would say yes. No time like the present to cultivate skills...a drive to the playoffs would condition him a lot more than the AHL.

Although I am no hockey expert hehe...I was just very impressed tonight.

I am glad you have come around.. I agree with you. Let subban play the odd game as a reward, but then back to the AHL to keep developing.

Shame we didn't do that with Price and Lats. Price for sure, because I am convinced he would be dominating about now if he wasn't rushed.

Besides, PK will only learn bad habits playing with these guys. Wait until he can be mentored by Markov, the only guy we have who can be a role model for

Is it worth the risk for a first round playoff loss though?
Edited by brobin

I am glad you have come around.. I agree with you. Let subban play the odd game as a reward, but then back to the AHL to keep developing.

Shame we didn't do that with Price and Lats. Price for sure, because I am convinced he would be dominating about now if he wasn't rushed.

Besides, PK will only learn bad habits playing with these guys. Wait until he can be mentored by Markov, the only guy we have who can be a role model for

The problem is that if you are going to bring up a 20 year old goalie you need to understand that this is going to happen.

The fans and management need to remain patient and forgive his inconsistencies. In Montreal, this is becoming

increasingly clear that this is not a reality.

If I had understood how ridiculous the fanbase and media are (living in Toronto, I really had no idea), then in

hindsight I would have probably preferred that they leave him in Hamilton for a year or two (+ I would have had the

benefit of seeing him regularly).

It is just unfortunate that Huet's contract was up and forced Gainey's hand.

Edited by Wamsley01

This is an endless loop in Montreal.

Fans want to rush the prospects, then when they struggle (like 90% of young players do) the fanbase goes all revisionist history and blames management for not protecting our prospects and rushing them.

Lats, Paccioretty, Price and now Subban.

Let the kid go back to Hamilton and continue to dominate.

This season is not a priority, but Subban's development is.

I agree with these. Subban was very impressive but I'd like him to return to Hamilton once Markov returns.

Maybe if Subban was white he would have had that call where he skated around almost everyone and was interfered with by the last guy.

I think JM should use that argument.

Thank gawd for X15 and X60 on the PVR. On the other hand, I don't like bitching refs much, but come on. Sometimes it's so blatant it hurts. If it weren't to see PKs first game, I would probably not have bothered, and if he gets sent down before the game tomorrow, I guarantee I'm not interested. With the reffing the way it's been this year - just not fun.

You have to blame the coach for this...you can't just play great one night then crappy the next...it has to be the coach.

God, I wish this guy wasn't our coach. The more I see how pathetic we are after a really inspired effort the game before, the more I'm convinced we need a passionate coach. This type of on and off effort is just intolerable, especially when it's a 4-point game. Instead we come out and play like stiffs. I'm really getting sick of our passiveness, it goes against every grain of my character. We always seem to be on the losing end of stuff, whether it be guys crashing our net at will, our own goalies soft in our crease, no calls by the refs, out-hit, shots on goal, EVERYTHING! Show some consistent passion guys FFS!!!. Thought I'd wait to post until the morning-after to calm down but still feel pissed :angry: If they lose tonight I'm going to :puke:

I expect the new coach next season. Lem him win his Calder first!

The positives:

Moore isn't a bust, yet

Price played a good game.

PK is going to be dynomite!

We woke up and showed our true side in the third.

Let him play a couple more games so he can be fairly evaluated.

I agree with that. But so far, with the kind of season he is having at Hamilton and what I have seen Friday night, I would say that he compares very well O'Byrne, Mara and even Spacek. IMO, what he lacks in experience is given back with his speed, offensive skills and enthusiasm. Given the current situation with this team, we are in dire need of fresh air and Subban would provide that in bundles.

To summarize, I think that P.K has extraordinary confidence, leadership and creativity. Hell! I believe that he has CAPTAIN written all over him. Not right now, I agree, but later on in his career he has got all it takes. With a good mentor like Hal Gill to look after him, he would develop in less than two years in a top offensive defenseman, a general at the blue line.

Needless to say, I am a big fan.

I agree with that. But so far, with the kind of season he is having at Hamilton and what I have seen Friday night, I would say that he compares very well O'Byrne, Mara and even Spacek. IMO, what he lacks in experience is given back with his speed, offensive skills and enthusiasm. Given the current situation with this team, we are in dire need of fresh air and Subban would provide that in bundles.

To summarize, I think that P.K has extraordinary confidence, leadership and creativity. Hell! I believe that he has CAPTAIN written all over him. Not right now, I agree, but later on in his career he has got all it takes. With a good mentor like Hal Gill to look after him, he would develop in less than two years in a top offensive defenseman, a general at the blue line.

Needless to say, I am a big fan.

He certainly showed the right attitude in his RDS interview - wasn't nervous at all about playing in the NHL. "Hockey is hockey and I've been playing it for a long time." :clap:

How about we just follow the system in place, and let him finish the year in Hamilton for once. Maybe they can go on a long playoff run. I'm sick of rushing players. Especially defenceman. If he makes a mistake, our faithfull will boo him. Please just do what's right. For once in this organization.

Edited by Habsy