Habs @ Washington: GAME 2

bar

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo has played well for them for a while now. I don't think he will be tossed unless the Big V is outstanding. Might well shee theo back in the next game.

Boys need to get more shots on.

balls, damn you Bruce. Smart move pulling Theo, but is he smart enough to go back to the French goalie in Montreal?

OK.. why are the caps getting to take cheap shots now with no calls.. I don't mind them throwing their weigh around, but why can they dump and attack guys changing???

Theo has played well for them for a while now. I don't think he will be tossed unless the Big V is outstanding. Might well shee theo back in the next game.

V is pretty good, and theor 3rd G looks to be fairly decent too.

I was worried aboot this. Sounds stupid but I'm almost starting to think the Habs have a playoff curse: they score too many goals too quickly. :P

I'm a bit worried that Markov took that shot off his hand at the end of the period. An injury to him would be all too typical of our wonderful luck.

Assuming #79 is OK, though, that period exceeded my expectations by some distance. Yes, the Caps had a huge edge in chances. Nonetheless, a lot of their rushes seemed to peter out fairly uselessly, and when they didn't, Halak was there. I think these guys are fundamentally not accustomed to things not going their way. If we can win this game - and that's still a very, very tall order - I'm pretty sure they'll be in grave danger of falling apart psychologically.

This is playoff hockey in the best Habs' tradition: outgoaltend, outhustle, out-heart the bigger, stronger, badder-assed team. :hlogo: KEEP IT UP BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a period by Gionta. :clap: That man is an absolute lion.

Our odds of winning are better than I thought they'd be at this point. But if they win, it'll still be close to a miracle.

Just remember that this Washington team was down two games last year and came back to beat the Rangers. The Caps will not fall apart.. they will go full throttle for 7 games if they have to.

What we need is to start scoring on the V... if they doubt both their goalies we might have a chance.

Just remember that this Washington team was down two games last year and came back to beat the Rangers. The Caps will not fall apart.. they will go full throttle for 7 games if they have to.

What we need is to start scoring on the V... if they doubt both their goalies we might have a chance.

You're right, I forgot about that. Perhaps their demeanour in these games - which has been fairly light on the 'push-back' meter - have deceived me. Or perhaps these Habs have more gumption than last season's Rangers :hlogo:

Martin will be key. He has to keep making the right adjustements.

Our odds of winning are better than I thought they'd be at this point. But if they win, it'll still be close to a miracle.

I think they have a much better chance than most think. Dont underestimate the Czech D pair. The Czechs are known for being great defensive shutdown team, and the Habs have a set of vets who have been shutting down Russian snipers for years. i.e. hold the line

I dont think it will be close to a miracle at all, it just has to be close. The Caps cant realise they are loosing the sries until its to late so the Habs cant win any game by a large margin or the Caps will wake up.

Markov's play is worrisome. He's absorbing a lot of punishment, too.

Cammalleri has been absolutely invisible tonight, so far. He looks out of it. Fortunately Andrei Kostitsyn is showing signs of having finally located his brain.

If Cammy gets in the groove, we can win this thing. But we can't keep carrying him and Markov.

Sweet!! :clap:

If Cammy scores in this game I'm going to start getting excited.

I know its only game 2 but the 2 guys the Habs need to start scoring to go anywhere have already started scoring.

I'd like to see Pouliot bury one.