GDT: Game 1, Montreal vs Philadelphia

dlbalr

Big difference in where the habs are shooting from and the traffic they're getting versus Philly. THis is worse then game 1 against the Pens.

It's not entirely unlike the February 13 game we played against the Flyers, either. The team mailed it in, gave up three special team goals, pulled Halak, ended up losing 6-2.

Leighton's playing a decent game but I hope we can put the puck behind him at least once or twice tonight.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on - MAB should NEVER be playing D, except on the PP.

God even on the PP MAB sucks. Two blown plays in a row :angry:

Price gets some more garbage time.

No point torturing Halak with anything more tonight. He's got a crap save % tonight but I wouldn't pin many of those goals on him.

I dream of the day when Pleks actually take the puck to the net rather then bail out, go around, and take a terrible angle shot. He is playing more like 2 years ago as the series go on.

Terrible call..

Some changes I'd like to see next game:

-MAB - PP time ONLY - and if he isn't shooting on the PP, he sits.

-O'Byrne - needs to be in there. He is one of the few dman who has size AND is physical.

Pouliot -I'm really getting tired of Pouliot. If he is going to play the way he is right now, you may as well let him sit in the pressbox until next year.

-SK74 - We really need some skill in the flyers zone.

-Moen/Darche/Lapierre - Should be staked in front of the flyers goal. Gionta has the heart and the hands, but really isn't tall enough to provide the screen - Particularly Darche - otherwise, get SK74 in the lineup!!!

-Pleks - needs to drive to the inside like has been doing all year - not the outide like 2 years ago. I think the flyers really bring out the worst in him.

-Subban - need to give him more of green light to rush. With Markov out, they really need someone to create the rush in, dump and chase isn't working.

and the NUMBER 1 CHANGE - NO MORE STUPID, UNDISCIPLINED PENALTIES!!!!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Next game they need to get Obyrne in and i'd like Martin to FINALLY kiss and makeup with SK74. They need someone with size to counter the flyers big forwards and the Philly dmen are MUCH better then Pens and Caps, they need some more offensive skill up front.

SK74 has used all his chances. The guy has burned his bridge 2-3 times. Every time they give him a chance he

repeats the pattern. They won two series without him, he will not make the difference this series.

What a crappy day so far... woke up deep in Algonquin, hike out to find my car (and the rest of them in the parking lot) with a smashed in window. Nothing to steal, but now I need to fix the window and I had to drive 3 hours with no window in the car..

Then my dinner was ruined.

Now my Habs turn in a dud.... not even fun to watch.

Sigh.. I hope Tuesday works out better.

SK74 has used all his chances. The guy has burned his bridge 2-3 times. Every time they give him a chance he

repeats the pattern. They won two series without him, he will not make the difference this series.

How has he been any worse then Pouliot in the few games he has played??

How many shanks does AK have? Wowsers. He needs a swing coach.

Well word has it that Tiger's coach is available ^_^

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I really thought they learned their lesson in game one against Pitts.. you can't just stop competing.. I am starting to think there was no real adjustment made after game one in Pitts, they just didn't show up in Game one and they started competing in Game 2...

Philly is solid enough defensively that you can't come back down 4.. Philly is just keeping them to the outside now.

They better come out and score early in game 2...

Edited by brobin

cripes even the habs attempted hits are more like love taps :puke:

How has he been any worse then Pouliot in the few games he has played??

It has nothing to do with production, it has to do with attitude and how his self centered sense

of entitlement will not be tolerated. If Pouliot is doing everything that is asked of him in

practice then he is already miles ahead of Sergei.

It has NEVER been about Sergei's talent level, it has been about getting him to listen and

give himself up to the team.

Hmm... looks like the habs train has reached its station. Doesn't look good if we can't solve the the Flyers

If the Habs have proven anything all season it has been resiliency.

They lose Markov, stay close til he gets back. They lose Cammalleri and tear off a post Olympic

winning streak. They get down 3-1 to the Caps and sweep 3 straight. They get blown out by Pitt in

Game 1 and go down 3-2 and knock them out.

After watching Philly come back from 3-0, I am not counting out the Habs until they are shaking

hands and are eliminated.

They had 2 games where they didn't get a sniff on Fleury, Leighton is a stiff in the Cechmanek, Esche mold.

They will get some chances, just didn't happen tonight.

Gomez has to wake up.. he hit you Gomez.. you can't slash him back if you want to win the cup... suck it up and start leading with discipline.

That was hardly a slash. It was a weak tap and Pronger played it off like it was a major hack.

The fact that I had to watch Lapierre and Gionta get 3 dive calls in one game and that is called is a joke.

I effin hate the Flyers. More than I hate any team outside of the Leafs.