GDT: Game 2: Habs vs Flyers

dlbalr

Interesting approach, but if the Flyers play the matchup Pronger will be constantly on against our top two lines. The guys we have who might be realistic candidates to hammer Pronger (Moen, Lapierre) are mostly on our bottom-6. It's nice to imagine Pouliot playing like a power forward, but not terribly realistic. So I think we'll be more likely to see the Habs do just the opposite and try to send the puck to the corner opposite Pronger's; unless they conclude that he's lost some footspeed, which he definitely showed during the Olympics, and decide to challenge him with their speed. But that's a whole other game plan.

True, but dont forget that Proger plays close to 30 mins. Also be a dman, like I said if you dump the puck in the corner he's in, he will be hittable everytime. Start softening him up now, and then think games 3 & 4 where JM will have more control in the matchups. Ths cant be their only approach, but it should be 1 of em. Smash Proger whenever possible.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a BS hooking call...

wow... how can the ref look at that and make that call...

Since he can't have Ovechkin or Crosby in the finals, it appears that Bettman has decided he wants Pronger. :(

good lord.. they are screwing the pooch again.. the flyers are so full of confidence and the habs are looking for ways to screw up...

this is going to be a tough game if they don't get their act together... that last PP rush was brutal... PK gets the puck and they all come back to him so he has no one to move the puck to.. no rush.. nothing..

Right now, Philly has full confidence in their top 6 forwards to get the job done. Our guys suddenly can't make a pass let alone bury the puck.

I'm starting to wonder whether the Habs are 'just happy to be here' rather than really hungry to WIN. They look just out of it, from top to bottom. Maybe there's too many guys in that lineup who are satisfied with what they've accomplished rather than desperate for more.

Either that or Philly has the BOOK on how to play us.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Flyers forwards are just playing way to close to the blueline, theyre just not giving the Habs dmen room to set up 1 timers.

The Pens didnt fall for the Subbanoramma, but I bet Philly will. ^_^

I put that one on Subban. No need for him to have backed out to center.

Well, we're starting to see Subban's game flagging a bit, and that is part of the reason why Markov's absence suddenly seems really significant.

So.. philly took 3 shots.. one of they when Briere had an hour to pick the top corner...

Really the Flyers only had two real shots -- one of them was Leino (?) shooting on our goal from his own end. Unfortunately one of them was Briere's.

I'm sure PK will screw up nicely every now and then, but its great to see the kid overfill the shoes.

Oh, I'm not ragging on Subban. But you can see where the absence of an elite general on the PP in particular is really starting to kill us.

Since the goal, the Habs have been playing all right. All may not be lost just yet, but we need something to break our way.

The Flyers are vulnerable having their forwards out so far near their blue line preventing our dmen from setting up. Side step them and your off almost on a breakaway right to their net. Make them pay!!

And another useless PP so far. :puke:

The other issue is the demise of Pouliot. This team was a top-6 forward short before Pouliot got here, and with him off on Mars, we're still a top-6 forward short.

Not one to attack JM, but where is the sense in dressing Sergei Kostitsyn and then not playing him - ?

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber