Projected lines for Philadelphia:

Forward Lines Defence/Goalies
Gagne - Richards - Carcillo Carle Pronger
Hartnell - Briere - Leino Timonen Coburn
van Riemsdyk - Giroux - Asham Parent Krajicek
Nodl - Betts - Powe Leighton Backlund

Other Notes:
Injuries: Boucher, Carter, Kalinski, Laperriere
Scratches: Bartulis, Cote, Duchesne, Laliberte, Lehtivuori, Maroon, Marshall, Ross, Syvret

Game time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: CBC, RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the blurb at Habsinsideout, it doesn't look like there is going to be any line-up changes for the Habs. Colour me incredulous; I can't believe OB doesn't draw back in. Let's hope Martin knows what he's doing.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Based on the blurb at Habsinsideout, it doesn't look like there is going to be any line-up changes for the Habs. Colour me incredulous; I can't believe OB doesn't draw back in. Let's hope Martin knows what he's doing.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

I've seen a couple reports that have Sergei in, that's the only possible change though. I'm baffled by O'Byrne's omission as well.

I've seen a couple reports that have Sergei in, that's the only possible change though. I'm baffled by O'Byrne's omission as well.

Yeh, while Sergei might help, I think most everyone believes that O'Byrne will help. Ah, well... I guess there's a reason I'm not an NHL coach...

... I don't dress as well as JM. ^_^

Go Habs Go :hlogo: :hlogo:

I have been watching videos of the rocket this morning and damn it sure gets the adrenaline flowing. From seeing him playing to his 10 min standing ovation at the closing of the forum.........goosebumps. :clap:

O'Byrne probably not playing tonight

He has to be injured, there is no way an NHL coach is that stupid

He's been practicing though.

O'Byrne simply isn't good enough as a RD to take the other 3 out of the line up.

Spacek, Subban and Gorges have been excellent. (except last game obviously)

You can't keep asking guys to switch positions. O'Byrne is not a LD.

JM has made good adjustments the last 2 series. Hopefully he'll do it again.

Goaltending is the only advantage the habs have on paper and the Flyers got the shut out.

let's see if they can step up tonight. Someone other then Cammi needs to chip in, he will have Pronger on him all night.

Don't care who plays as long as the team--and especially Halak-- play much better :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

O'Byrne simply isn't good enough as a RD to take the other 3 out of the line up.

Spacek, Subban and Gorges have been excellent. (except last game obviously)

You can't keep asking guys to switch positions. O'Byrne is not a LD.

JM has made good adjustments the last 2 series. Hopefully he'll do it again.

Goaltending is the only advantage the habs have on paper and the Flyers got the shut out.

let's see if they can step up tonight. Someone other then Cammi needs to chip in, he will have Pronger on him all night.

So...you're going out on a limb and suggesting JM can tell the difference between a left and a right Dman. BUUUUUT what does that do to all our criticisms?? If you're going to bring in sophisticated analysis like that , then what is to become of our managerial ambitions?? Next you'll be coming up with more privelged information! We don't stand a chance!

GO HABS GO!

FAN UP MEN!

Well, I have every bit of lucky habs wear on, including my habs undies...

Boys need a big win tonight, and that starts with a good first period. If they get to Leighton early, and often, it is going to change the dynamic of this series completely. Put the seed of doubt in the flyers about their goalie and they will start to tighten up.

Operation get Pronger needs to commence tonight.

C'mon Pouliot, I'm looking at you. I think with Pouliot height if he takes runs at Pronger when he's against the boards it should make Pronger way less effrective and possibly even unjure Pronger. It'd be sweet if Pronger could be injured, but ts unlikely and wil take repeated hits. The Habs need to always dump the puck to Prongers side just so they can repeatedly hammer him.

Just like JM said, the Flyers primary star guy is a dman, the Habs havent faced that yet but JM must have a plan. It'd be funny if JM is using stock footage of his Sens to show them how to overcome a large dmen. We all know its happened to JM's team enough in the past, he'd better know how to do it. JM must know.

Operation get Pronger needs to commence tonight.

C'mon Pouliot, I'm looking at you. I think with Pouliot height if he takes runs at Pronger when he's against the boards it should make Pronger way less effrective and possibly even unjure Pronger. It'd be sweet if Pronger could be injured, but ts unlikely and wil take repeated hits. The Habs need to always dump the puck to Prongers side just so they can repeatedly hammer him.

Just like JM said, the Flyers primary star guy is a dman, the Habs havent faced that yet but JM must have a plan. It'd be funny if JM is using stock footage of his Sens to show them how to overcome a large dmen. We all know its happened to JM's team enough in the past, he'd better know how to do it. JM must know.

Interesting approach, but if the Flyers play the matchup Pronger will be constantly on against our top two lines. The guys we have who might be realistic candidates to hammer Pronger (Moen, Lapierre) are mostly on our bottom-6. It's nice to imagine Pouliot playing like a power forward, but not terribly realistic. So I think we'll be more likely to see the Habs do just the opposite and try to send the puck to the corner opposite Pronger's; unless they conclude that he's lost some footspeed, which he definitely showed during the Olympics, and decide to challenge him with their speed. But that's a whole other game plan.