Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

I don't recall anyone has ever said a bad word about Brian Burke the person.

Focus has always been on his job performance.

Check the retweets by Huddle and Damien Cox yesterday and you'll see some crap.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that song so much.

Hilarious that Leaf fans continue to dwell on 1993 and call it their last chance for a Cup when they made the Western Conference Finals in 1994 against the Canucks and the Eastern Conference Finals in 2002 against the Carolina Hurricanes. Plus they constantly forget that the Gretzky/Gilmour/Fraser incident was game SIX and the series ended in game SEVEN. If they hadn't blown that game seven we would have saw Montreal vs. Toronto. Which Montreal would have killed the Leafs in.

I hate that song so much.

Hilarious that Leaf fans continue to dwell on 1993 and call it their last chance for a Cup when they made the Western Conference Finals in 1994 against the Canucks and the Eastern Conference Finals in 2002 against the Carolina Hurricanes. Plus they constantly forget that the Gretzky/Gilmour/Fraser incident was game SIX and the series ended in game SEVEN. If they hadn't blown that game seven we would have saw Montreal vs. Toronto. Which Montreal would have killed the Leafs in.

Game six in overtime with Toronto leading 3-2 and would have been a game misconduct to Gretzky due to the NHL rules of the time, would have been more than likely a Toronto PPG which would have made it a Montreal/Toronto final

Game six in overtime with Toronto leading 3-2 and would have been a game misconduct to Gretzky due to the NHL rules of the time, would have been more than likely a Toronto PPG which would have made it a Montreal/Toronto final

True but as I said, Toronto had another game to beat the Kings and didn't. It's a lot like Flames fans complaining about game six against Tampa. Win game seven and there's no, "What if?"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

François Allaire resigns as Maple Leafs goaltender coach.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/348061.html (in French)

Could be roughly translated by :

"To be honest, I don't believe that they need a goaltender coach there. They already are 2 or 3 taking decisions about goaltending. In the NHL, it shouldn't work like that. If they want to work this way, I prefer to leave."

BOOM

How is Seguin worth more than Kessel?

If I had to pick 1 guy to be on my team of the two I would take Seguin.

To me a great centre is better than a great winger.

Just like a great goalie is better than a great defenseman.

All opinion stuff but to me I prefer Seguin.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a Canadiens fan so hopefully he finds his way to the CH.

I think he'd be a good young LW we could get on the cheap (relatively speaking).

I don't know that Montreal will be much better for him though... I really think what will happen is that eventually the Leafs will trade him to some random southern team and he'll break out away from all the media attention.

I think he'd be a good young LW we could get on the cheap (relatively speaking).

I don't know that Montreal will be much better for him though... I really think what will happen is that eventually the Leafs will trade him to some random southern team and he'll break out away from all the media attention.

If he got traded to Montreal and Bergevin said, "We believe in Kadri. If a player doesn't show up to camp at 100 per cent, that's our fault as well" that would kill a lot of the media sting.

Don't know how "cheap" we'd get him though. We'd probably have to give up Eller.

If he got traded to Montreal and Bergevin said, "We believe in Kadri. If a player doesn't show up to camp at 100 per cent, that's our fault as well" that would kill a lot of the media sting.

Don't know how "cheap" we'd get him though. We'd probably have to give up Eller.

I don't know about that. The Leafs are probably close to giving up on the kid. Like we did when we gave up Ribeiro for Ninnimaa, or like the Blue Jackets did when they gave up Nikita Filatov for a 3rd Round Pick.

I could see the Leafs trading him for pennies on the dollar if he doesn't make an NHL impact soon.

I don't know about that. The Leafs are probably close to giving up on the kid. Like we did when we gave up Ribeiro for Ninnimaa, or like the Blue Jackets did when they gave up Nikita Filatov for a 3rd Round Pick.

I could see the Leafs trading him for pennies on the dollar if he doesn't make an NHL impact soon.

When does Burke do that though? Burke tries his best to at least get an equivalent talent in a different position. For all of his negatives he's very good at trades. The only precedent for him being dumb in trade situations is when it comes to goalies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...