Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

Enjoy boys...I found this on Cyberpresse.ca!!!

522760_10151456076465257_535730256_23160796_1295123410_n-420x401.jpg

Sti que cé drôle voir les Leafs se faire défoncer de même !

Vrai c'est toujours bon de voir les Leafs de faire défoncer!

It's always nice to see the Leafs lose!

Boston and the Leafs are playing tonight, it's "7-7" after 2. Thing is, it's 7 goals for the B's and 7 shots for the Leafs. Ouch.

good one haha

Question. Are the Habs in a better position as an organization than the Leafs? - in terms of young talent, guys on the farm, quality veterans with gas left in the tank, contracts, the whole bit?

Explain your assessment.

Question. Are the Habs in a better position as an organization than the Leafs? - in terms of young talent, guys on the farm, quality veterans with gas left in the tank, contracts, the whole bit?

Explain your assessment.

Yes1) Carey Price vs no number 1 goalie in Toronto2) PK Subban vs Dion Phaneuf - younger better top Dman3) Pacioretty vs Kessel - Only one of these matchups the Leafs win but Patch is much more well rounded so its not a huge difference4) Plekanec vs Grabovski - Pleks easily due to two way game5) Desharnais vs Bozak - DD easy

Explain your assessment.

Commandant easily showed why at the NHL level we are superior, but if you look at the farm teams you have to consider the incoming talent the dogs will be getting, it will be a very different team with Tinordi, Beaulieu, Kristo, Gallagher, Patyrn, Holland, and the rest! So I would like to think we have a deeper prospect pool then the leafs, especially with the Kessel trade taking out two of their recent top picks.

I've been posting these lovely anti leaf bits on my leafs friends wall :)

I also would like to say that... how can they expect a team to do well when they think a damn maple leaf is blue! Has anyone ever seen a blue maple leaf? Ever?

Maybe they need to change their name before they have any real success, the hockey gods are hating on them for defiling the birth place of hockey's national symbol!

If there is a reason the hockey gods hate Toronto, it's because they still haven't paid for the atrocities of Harold Ballard.

It's good to recall that if he had his way, the Leafs would have had European style sweaters covered in advertisements back in the 80s.

If there is a reason the hockey gods hate Toronto, it's because they still haven't paid for the atrocities of Harold Ballard.

It's good to recall that if he had his way, the Leafs would have had European style sweaters covered in advertisements back in the 80s.

For that alone... there can be no recovery...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure what irks me more, the fact that the Leafs really want to push themselves as Canada's team, or the fact they felt they needed to trademark their centennial logo five years in advance.

imageLoader_medium.gif

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what irks me more, the fact that the Leafs really want to push themselves as Canada's team, or the fact they felt they needed to trademark their centennial logo five years in advance.

imageLoader_medium.gif

I just laugh about it. If the Leafs are Canada's team, that must mean Canada is pretty pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

imageLoader_medium.gif

Joke.

Canada's team is Team Canada

Funniest quote of the draft (aside from Tim Bozon swearing in French): "I would have selected Reilly first overall." - Brian Burke

Wonder what he will trade for Luongo haha I hope the trade ends up in this forum as another joke :P

Funniest quote of the draft (aside from Tim Bozon swearing in French): "I would have selected Reilly first overall." - Brian Burke

"He was number one on our board." I couldn't believe he gave it with such a straight face.

I can't remember who, but someone on twitter responded to Burke's quote with...

Somewhere in the bowels of the Consol Energy Centre is trash can where a discared Leafs Jersey with a number 12, and the name Galchenyuk on the back sits, stained with Brian Burke's tears.

I can't remember who, but someone on twitter responded to Burke's quote with...

Somewhere in the bowels of the Consol Energy Centre is trash can where a discared Leafs Jersey with a number 12, and the name Galchenyuk on the back sits, stained with Brian Burke's tears.

I haven't heard from a single Leafs fan I know who is happy with the selection of Reilly. It's quite surprising. Usually there'd be that one who would explain that he's going to replace Luke Schenn on the depth chart and they got Van Riemmer so it's cool but it surprises me that each one said, "I wanted Grig or Faksa". The eyes were on a center, even if Galy went and Burke went with the blueliner.

Now normally I’m the first guy to jump on Brian Burke, but the criticism he’s taken today is completely unfair. Check Damien Cox’s twitter feed to see some of the disgusting things said about him by Leaf fans for the fact he marched in the gay pride parade.

So for one day only… in defence of Brian Burke.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/07/02/have-some-pride-in-defence-of-brian-burke/

Now normally I’m the first guy to jump on Brian Burke, but the criticism he’s taken today is completely unfair. Check Damien Cox’s twitter feed to see some of the disgusting things said about him by Leaf fans for the fact he marched in the gay pride parade.

So for one day only… in defence of Brian Burke.

http://lastwordonspo...of-brian-burke/

Is Burke a self-aggrandizing loudmouth? You bet. Has he done a dubious job in TO? Yes sir. But I know two other things: first, nobody, ever, ever, deserves to lose a child, none of us can imagine what that kind of pain must be like, and anyone enduring it deserves only compassion. And secondly, Burke is a 100% stand-up guy for his courageous defence of his son, while he was alive, and honouring his son's memory by defending the dignity of the LGBT community.He is 10X the man any of these mealy-mouthed pukes on Twitter are or will ever be. Kudos to him.