GDT: November 16th, 2010 - Flyers @Habs

bar

I have been searching youtube and he doesn't back down from anybody and has knocked the snot

out of a lot of guys. We need a guy like this to stop the nonsense I witnessed last night.

Not to mention that at 3.5 million$(last year of his contract) he is well worth it. He's had 2 40+ seasons on the blueline in Vancouver.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been searching youtube and he doesn't back down from anybody and has knocked the snot

out of a lot of guys. We need a guy like this to stop the nonsense I witnessed last night.

I just don't know if he's the guy they want to ditch. Ballard is making $4.2m and they were recently scratching him, although he is working his way back from an injury and adapting to a new team. Bieksa is their #4 d-man currently.... I guess he could be their #5 if Salo returns ahead of him.

But I generally agree.... he brings the kind of dimension we're lacking amongst our d-men.

My favourite thing about Bieksa is that he's one of the best fighters in the league. He's probably the equal of Lucic or a healthy Souray.

The caveat with Bieksa is that he is inconsistent, sketchy in his own end, and has had some injury issues of his own. Nor has he been 'intimidating' enough to keep the Canuckleheads from being pushed around by the likes of Chicago. Frankly, fans here in Vancouver would be happy to see him go. Having said that, it may be a question of fans focusing on what a guy can't do instead of what he can.

The Canucks will not deal Ballard. Bieksa is almost certainly going to be the odd man out.

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-file...tice/Subban.MP3

One of the reporters asks PK: "Do you feel like you're being targeted because you're black?" :rolleyes:

Good interview by PK.

Also Briere complained that Plekanec mocked him when he "stole" his goal celebration. That's one of the most common goal celebrations ever and I've seen Pleks use it many times before, that's one of two celebrations I associate with him.

The caveat with Bieksa is that he is inconsistent, sketchy in his own end, and has had some injury issues of his own. Nor has he been 'intimidating' enough to keep the Canuckleheads from being pushed around by the likes of Chicago. Frankly, fans here in Vancouver would be happy to see him go. Having said that, it may be a question of fans focusing on what a guy can't do instead of what he can.

The Canucks will not deal Ballard. Bieksa is almost certainly going to be the odd man out.

Remember, this fanbase wanted to run Carey Price out of town 60 days ago.

Fans look for simplistic answers to complex problems which leads to scapegoats. The fact is, you aren't

getting a healthy dominant top 4 d-man who can fight and produce offensively unless there is some

sort of caveat.

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-file...tice/Subban.MP3

One of the reporters asks PK: "Do you feel like you're being targeted because you're black?" :rolleyes:

Good interview by PK.

Also Briere complained that Plekanec mocked him when he "stole" his goal celebration. That's one of the most common goal celebrations ever and I've seen Pleks use it many times before, that's one of two celebrations I associate with him.

Is that team a little self absorbed or what? What's next, we run one of their players and we are

mocking Powe? I think they are a little pissy about having their streak stopped by a team who they

assumed were their bitches.

Edited by Wamsley01

Remember, this fanbase wanted to run Carey Price out of town 60 days ago.

Fans look for simplistic answers to complex problems which leads to scapegoats. The fact is, you aren't

getting a healthy dominant top 4 d-man who can fight and produce offensively unless there is some

sort of caveat.

Is that team a little self absorbed or what? What's next, we run one of their players and we are

mocking Powe? I think they are a little pissy about having their streak stopped by a team who they

assumed were their bitches.

Hartnell also complained that Lapierre choked him last night under a pile up. lol I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened.

In fairness to those arseholes, we heard a lot of the same whining and half-threats from them after we whupped them in the third game of the Semi-Finals - about how the Habs are too 'cocky,' etc., etc.. And no unusually outrageous goonery followed. Of course, the real test is whether they can refrain from deliberate attempts to injure when they're fighting a losing battle instead of manhandling us like they did for the rest of that series. But much of this may be hot air from a team of swaggering media-whore loudmouths.

In fairness to those arseholes, we heard a lot of the same whining and half-threats from them after we whupped them in the third game of the Semi-Finals - about how the Habs are too 'cocky,' etc., etc.. And no unusually outrageous goonery followed. Of course, the real test is whether they can refrain from deliberate attempts to injure when they're fighting a losing battle instead of manhandling us like they did for the rest of that series. But much of this may be hot air from a team of swaggering media-whore loudmouths.

For a bunch of "tough" guys, they sure whine a lot.

Typical bully antics. They partake in thuggery and intimidation and use it for an advantage.

When it doesn't work, they go into threat mode. If you don't allow us to abuse you, we will

abuse you even worse.

Somebody usually steps up and puts them in their place. It was the Habs in the 70s, the Oilers

in the 80s, the Wings in the 90s and the Devils in the 2000s. Remember how big and intimidating

the Legion of Doom were until Stevens knocked Lindros into his own drool.

That and shitty goaltenders :)

Wait, Sergei Bobrovsky isn't a flash in the pan? Is he?

Let's look at their depth chart for goalies: Bobrosky - Leighton - Boucer

Right, so essentially every team in the Eastern Conference owns them at that position. And no, I do not care how well the rookie netminder is playing. Ask me again in about 60 games and a couple of playoff games. Until he proves himself over a long stretch, he seems like nothing but a stopgap solution to the Flyers perpetual goaltending woes.

For a bunch of "tough" guys, they sure whine a lot.

Typical bully antics. They partake in thuggery and intimidation and use it for an advantage.

When it doesn't work, they go into threat mode. If you don't allow us to abuse you, we will

abuse you even worse.

Somebody usually steps up and puts them in their place. It was the Habs in the 70s, the Oilers

in the 80s, the Wings in the 90s and the Devils in the 2000s. Remember how big and intimidating

the Legion of Doom were until Stevens knocked Lindros into his own drool.

he he he (slow chuckle). God that was awesome. Then of course the pathetic leafs scooped him up.

Hartnell also complained that Lapierre choked him last night under a pile up. lol I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened.

I hope it did. The @!(*&^%$#!!))(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flyers are just using all this shit to try to throw MTL and specifically Subban the rookie, off of his game. It is typical gamesmanship delivered with the lack of class or cleverness that typifies the current (and most past) versions of the Flyers. The best thing the Habs can do it to ignore all of this crap and play their game. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a few Flyers get crushed and or pummled, but that kind of satisfaction has to take a backseat to winning. :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

:puke: Flyers :puke:

Yikes. Jaro has melted down over the last week.

I need to look into if he is being hung out to dry or struggling.

Bit of both, it seems. The Blues were a lot like the Habs to start the season: good first line, second line that's supposed to be good but not doing anything, great defense, great goaltending. Since injuries riddled the team (especially Oshie and Perron), they no longer have that good first line and basically have no source of offense (think of Montreal had Plekanec gone down). It seems that since then, Macdonald's line has been doing better but the team is sucking. Halak has been awful in 3 of his past 4 starts. By all accounts the Red Wings were outplayed last night and were held to less than 30 shots but still scored 7 goals, 1 of which Jaro batted into his own net (

) and many others which looked awfully weak. If the team had a healthy line up and was playing better around him, he might have been able to escape these past 4 games without looking so bad but man, is he slumping.

So far the only one in Price's way for the Vezina is... Tim Thomas. His stats are unsustainable though. He won't have these numbers when he plays his 18th start.

Bit of both, it seems. The Blues were a lot like the Habs to start the season: good first line, second line that's supposed to be good but not doing anything, great defense, great goaltending. Since injuries riddled the team (especially Oshie and Perron), they no longer have that good first line and basically have no source of offense (think of Montreal had Plekanec gone down). It seems that since then, Macdonald's line has been doing better but the team is sucking. Halak has been awful in 3 of his past 4 starts. By all accounts the Red Wings were outplayed last night and were held to less than 30 shots but still scored 7 goals, 1 of which Jaro batted into his own net (
) and many others which looked awfully weak. If the team had a healthy line up and was playing better around him, he might have been able to escape these past 4 games without looking so bad but man, is he slumping.

So far the only one in Price's way for the Vezina is... Tim Thomas. His stats are unsustainable though. He won't have these numbers when he plays his 18th start.

I won't judge anything until the 60 game mark. All it does is prove shot quality is important and not the shot number.

so.. the league handed out more suspensions.. one for a play that looked just like the hit on Halpern... of course, they didn't even review that hit...

They did issue a statement saying there wouldn't be a suspension - that in itself suggests to me that it was reviewed. You don't see statements like that for every hit that ever happens so I'm sure they took a look at it at least.

so.. the league handed out more suspensions.. one for a play that looked just like the hit on Halpern... of course, they didn't even review that hit...

Please... Ritola left his feet and elbowed him in the head while boarding him. Halpern got boarded after Powe had basically stopped... it should have been a minor penalty, possibly a major, but it wasn't a suspension level hit.