GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal, Feb. 15

dlbalr

He had a good shot, better than a few of the others. That was a bit perplexing though.

Mike's 3 Stars are now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2384

Also, Nash will be making the trip out West, suggesting Gill may not be ready for a few more days. On the other hand, that may stall any trades as now the Habs are down to $3.5 million to spend (instead of 4.7 thanks to his and White's callups).

I really don't get why Eller hasn't been sent down. I'd send him down for his develpment, but the cap savings would be a bonus.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get why Eller hasn't been sent down. I'd send him down for his develpment, but the cap savings would be a bonus.

I've been advocating it for a while and not only would it save on the cap this year but quite possibly next year with the bonuses likely rolling onto next year's cap. Maybe after the trip, who knows?

Also, Boston lost in regulation tonight so the Habs are now tied for the NE division lead, though Boston still has a game in hand.

I've been advocating it for a while and not only would it save on the cap this year but quite possibly next year with the bonuses likely rolling onto next year's cap. Maybe after the trip, who knows?

Also, Boston lost in regulation tonight so the Habs are now tied for the NE division lead, though Boston still has a game in hand.

This was a tough one to give up, where we blow a 2-0 lead. Well they better beat Calgary on Sunday, or going to work on Monday will be hard :angry:

Not that I want to diss them, but what pisses me off the most is that they are not able to beat inexperienced no-name goalies in shootout ! mad.gif

Frankly after the Isles game, I was worried when I found out Miller wasn't playing. :wacko: Could anyone have said that for the last 2-3 years?

At least they got a point. Only one defensive line had veterans. It could have been worse with this D squad.

sucks to have lost a game they had in hand twice, but the fact that they almost won, and we expected them to win, against a very hot buffalo team, and down 4 of our top 6 d-men and our best goal scorer is, actually, a very good sign.

The funny thing is the vet dmen were the ones who blew it on the tying goal. hamrlik once again not able to tie up a plyer in front of the net.

They played hard for 20 minutes and put it on cruis econtrol assuming Price can win by himself. I think thye had 12 shots on goal the final 2 periods. That isn't good.

As others mentioned, just no killer instinct.

I think i would put Cammy with Pouliot and Decharnais. Trade Ak 46. Put Gomez with Moen and White. Have Darche Pyatt and halpern of who ever comes back into that role. I guess the worst that could happen is they won't score.

Not that I want to diss them, but what pisses me off the most is that they are not able to beat inexperienced no-name goalies in shootout ! mad.gif

The shootout is a toss up, there is no real skill to winning it.

It was frustrating to watch and I can understand how some people would lash out at Price or scapegoat the choice of Pyatt, but that is analyzing the result and not the actions.

Last year to get into the playoffs the Flyers had Boucher and the Rangers had Lundqvist in the shootout. Advantage Rangers right? Nope.

Auld stops 3 shots, the Habs don't score. Price allows 2 of 3 goals and they go to extra shots. It is all random.

If the Sabres had sent out Pominville, Connolly, Myers, Byron or Leopold instead of Gerbe after Pacioretty's goal then the Habs win. If the Habs had put Pacioretty out after Gionta instead of Pouliot, the Habs win.

In 2011 Vanek is 5 for 5. In 2010 he was 2 for 5. In 2009 he was 1 for 6.

Coin flip, we lost.

Edited by Wamsley01

Hamrlik was hung out to dry by Wisniewski who chased a player out by the boards.

As for the shootout, after 9 guys have been used, we honestly have no idea who is good at that point. Martin is probably choosing based on any practices they've done in the past. Maybe Pyatt has picked the top corner three of nine times or something like that on Price/Auld in practice, so he gets a go.

Honestly, the only guy I can think of that might have been good that wasn't out there was Weber. And even then, I doubt it. Pyatt was chosen over the likes of Halpern, Darche, Moen, White and five d-men.

Hamrlik was hung out to dry by Wisniewski who chased a player out by the boards.

As for the shootout, after 9 guys have been used, we honestly have no idea who is good at that point. Martin is probably choosing based on any practices they've done in the past. Maybe Pyatt has picked the top corner three of nine times or something like that on Price/Auld in practice, so he gets a go.

Honestly, the only guy I can think of that might have been good that wasn't out there was Weber. And even then, I doubt it. Pyatt was chosen over the likes of Halpern, Darche, Moen, White and five d-men.

PK also missed by a fraction of an inch. If he scores then we analyze that and it's a success and Price is a hero for battling back even though it took him 4 chances to win the game.

You want a perfect example? Look how Price is viewed from the US/Canada shootout. A hero right? Well he gave up 4 goals on 7 shots.

He is viewed as a hero because Canada scored on 5 of 7 shots. It is myth making and story telling.

You want a perfect example? Look how Price is viewed from the US/Canada shootout. A hero right? Well he gave up 4 goals on 7 shots.

He is viewed as a hero because Canada scored on 5 of 7 shots. It is myth making and story telling.

I've always laughed at the "Price is shootout gold" theory. That is the origin of it, and it's pretty funny. Toews was the true hero, Price got lucky. If he doesn't do the emergency twist with his pads at the goal line the USA likely wins the gold medal that year. And the puck might have been in anyways, you just couldn't see where it was.

Price's heroics that game were in a 5 on 3 in OT where he made about 8 or 9 saves. Once he got the team to the shootout, Toews took over. Mueller beat Price two times before that save.

I've always laughed at the "Price is shootout gold" theory. That is the origin of it, and it's pretty funny. Toews was the true hero, Price got lucky. If he doesn't do the emergency twist with his pads at the goal line the USA likely wins the gold medal that year. And the puck might have been in anyways, you just couldn't see where it was.

Price's heroics that game were in a 5 on 3 in OT where he made about 8 or 9 saves. Once he got the team to the shootout, Toews took over. Mueller beat Price two times before that save.

Jack Johnson beat him twice as well.

It was exactly like last night except the break went Canada's way.

He was huge on that 5 on 3 and he also made a breakaway save against Russia in the final that would have pulled them within 4-3 after trailing 4-0 early in the second.

TSN saw the chance to create a star and they did.