GDT: Buffalo vs Montreal, Feb. 15

dlbalr

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, Look at our scorers tonight, Pacioretty and Pouliot. Young guys! I'm starting to really thing that AK46 is on his way to Nashville. I might be talking a littel too soon here, but if you consider that your top 4 wingers are Gio, Camms, Pacioretty and Pouliot, the AK46 could be expendable.

Great game by our boys so far!

Damn, Look at our scorers tonight, Pacioretty and Pouliot. Young guys! I'm starting to really thing that AK46 is on his way to Nashville. I might be talking a littel too soon here, but if you consider that your top 4 wingers are Gio, Camms, Pacioretty and Pouliot, the AK46 could be expendable.

Great game by our boys so far!

I was thinking the same thing, about the young guns. A glimmer of hope for the future. I hope Lars Eller is a part of it.

Never hurts to have another good player in the lineup, obviously. The thing with Eller is he might have to learn to be a winger just out of necessity: we could be at our quota for LH centremen.

If next year we pencil in Plekanec, Gomez and Desharnais as the top 3, then we either have the option of Halpern returning, another cheap UFA replacement RH C, or possibly Engqvist if they feel he can handle that role. In Hamilton, we'd have Eller (L), Leblanc ® and maybe Engqvist ® to choose from. That's depth we haven't had in our organization for a couple of decades down the middle. Have to think Maxwell is trade material at this point.

I will DEFINITELY keep my judgment on Desharnais for WAY later in the season/offseason. Matt D'Agostini anyone ?

wow, if that is a penalty we are owed a lot of PPs this season.

The Habs got away with a few in the 1st I thought, figured there'd be a makeup call somewhere in there. Best thing about few penalties is not having to hear Pierre Houde butcher Stephen Walkom's name all the time (it's not pronounced 'Steffen', but 'Steven'). He was only director of officiating for a few years, it's not like his name was never spoken (correctly) in the media before. But I digress, lest I start discussing the Panthers, that will get me going.

Lousy 2nd period overall, a 3rd goal would have been huge but after Enroth made a couple good stops, the momentum swung back to Buffalo. Great feed by Desharnais though and goals in 3 straight for Pouliot now.

wow, if that is a penalty we are owed a lot of PPs this season.

There have been some iffy calls and some blatant calls that they missed. I usually find Walkom better than this.

Habs need to score early in the 3rd, or I could see this going Buffalo's way. Whatever Ruff said (screamed) at them in the 1st intermission seems to have worked.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Best thing about few penalties is not having to hear Pierre Houde butcher Stephen Walkom's name all the time (it's not pronounced 'Steffen', but 'Steven').

Another english non-sense.

Physic

Photoshop

Phone

Phillies

Philadelphia

but Stephen ... wtf ?

Physic

Photoshop

Phone

Phillies

Philadelphia

but Stephen ... wtf ?

It's a little odd, I agree. But after so many years, I think nothing of it, aside from when Houde continually pronounces it wrong (unless he talks about Stephen Harper, then it's pronounced correctly). But this is jumping off topic...

It was an english plot.. make our language the defacto world standard and the hardest to learn. ;)

At least we don't make people memorize if a chair is masculine or feminine!

Physic

Photoshop

Phone

Phillies

Philadelphia

but Stephen ... wtf ?

Edited by brobin

AK.. worse player for the habs tonight, and with moen on the team, that is saying something...

time for a shootout.. I would give PK a shot as he is the only one who looks like he wants to score right now...

Pouliot.. PK, and gionta...(my picks)

Why can't our guys shoot .... two deke goals.. then you shoot.. not deke.

thats a boy Pacs..

wow.. come on Price... you are too deep.. everyone is shooting right past you...

better by Price.. top of the crease..

now lets go pk

They blew the shootout in exactly the same way they blew the regulation lead. LOL. At least they got a point. Only one defensive line had veterans. It could have been worse with this D squad. I don't think I've seen Price get beat to the blocker that many times. Next...Western Canada trip. :unsure::unsure: They don't have a good record on the western Canada tour.

They blew the shootout in exactly the same way they blew the regulation lead. LOL. At least they got a point. Only one defensive line had veterans. It could have been worse with this D squad. I don't think I've seen Price get beat to the blocker that many times. Next...Western Canada trip. :unsure::unsure: They don't have a good record on the western Canada tour.

Ya, weird to see three shots beat him cleanly. Oh well.

gatcifhj1.gif

I like your cat. I hate cats usually.

WHY was Pyatt shooting??? you may as well have had Price shoot :wacko:

I also didn'tt get the constant line changing during the game.

WHY was Pyatt shooting??? you may as well have had Price shoot :wacko:

He had a good shot, better than a few of the others. That was a bit perplexing though.

Mike's 3 Stars are now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2384

Also, Nash will be making the trip out West, suggesting Gill may not be ready for a few more days. On the other hand, that may stall any trades as now the Habs are down to $3.5 million to spend (instead of 4.7 thanks to his and White's callups).