Things that have crippled our team over the years

bizmoDDO

if you had to rank these disasters in order, how would you do it.

a)saku koivu's eye

b)richard zednik's jaw

c)donald audette's arm

d)andrei markov's knee

e)scott gomez's contract (oh i went there)

Andrei Markov's knee

Saku Koivu's eye

Richard Zednik's jaw

Scott Gomez's contract

Donald Audette's arm

When it came to crippling our team... I have to go with Koivu as the number one because we have performed well with Gomez's contract and Markov's knee... but when we lost Koivu we just shit the bed in the Carolina series (that and ward)...

Saku Koivu's eye

Andrei Markov's knee

Richard Zednik's jaw

Scott Gomez's contract

Donald Audette's arm

not a hab anymore but this is one hell of an injury to play through. Found this on hockeyfights.com

Craig Rivet has a double labrum tear in his left shoulder. that explains alot. of course, asshole sabres fans of the team message boards want him traded or cut.

The worst disaster to befall this team (other than the Roy deal) over the last 15 years is this:

SAKU KOIVU'S KNEE.

He was leading the NHL in scoring, an emerging superstar with blazing speed and deft moves, before he blew it out in 1996. He was never even close to the same player thereafter.

I actually rate Audette's arm quite highly on that list. But yeah. with a healthy Markov who knows what could have been last season. And his knee could end up costing Martin his job - or even Gauthier, the way things are going.

• Upvote 2

The injury to Carey Price's glove hand in the 2008 Playoffs.

After a marvelous first round (including 2 shutouts) against Boston, Price hurt his hand against Philly and then couldn't make a save glove side. The flyers exploited this and took us out in 5 games.

The team never admitted he was hurt, but reporters noticed that Price changed his catching mitt after game 2 of the series and the new glove had triple the padding of the old glove. Halak also started game 4 of the series after playing only 6 regular season games.

Here is the play i think he hurt his hand.... watch Umberger and him both go for the puck at the same time and umberger's stick gets his glove.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L8c7cvp0QHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The worst disaster to befall this team (other than the Roy deal) over the last 15 years is this:

SAKU KOIVU'S KNEE.

He was leading the NHL in scoring, an emerging superstar with blazing speed and deft moves, before he blew it out in 1996. He was never even close to the same player thereafter.

+1

The injury to Carey Price's glove hand in the 2008 Playoffs.

After a marvelous first round (including 2 shutouts) against Boston, Price hurt his hand against Philly and then couldn't make a save glove side. The flyers exploited this and took us out in 5 games.

The team never admitted he was hurt, but reporters noticed that Price changed his catching mitt after game 2 of the series and the new glove had triple the padding of the old glove. Halak also started game 4 of the series after playing only 6 regular season games.

Here is the play i think he hurt his hand.... watch Umberger and him both go for the puck at the same time and umberger's stick gets his glove.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L8c7cvp0QHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it wasnt price's hand but chris higgins 5 missed breakaways our million posts and our forwards ability to make Biron look like a world beater for 5 games... funny enough we made leighton look the same way with a completly different set of forwards in our following series v philly!!

Learning the new forum features together.. there's now a green and a red arrow at the right of all posts. Do you see it? Click the green arrow for "+1" 's !

haha I know. But I wanted to make it more official.

I kinda miss Koivu. He was my favourite player growing up.

Robert Lang getting injured kinda sucked too. I was so happy he was on the Habs. Getting a great player from Detroit was most excellent.

As for the video on Price, that stick swinging did look vicious, and you can see his glove hand was a limp afterwards.

I have to say Koivu's knee would be #1 for me as said he was leading the league in scoring he had 38 points in 26 games. Was ahead of Lemieux and Jagr.

If you watch the video really closely you can see JMMR in the crowd behind Price, giving Umberger the finger.

Hahahahah what a awesome pic that was.