Blake Comeau

Willey101

Yesterday the islanders have placed Comeau on waivers. I know he is struggling this year with 0's across the board but then again the entire Islanders roster bites. Would you like to see Gauthier take a chance on this kid? He is coming off a 24 goal campaign and is a big right handed center which is always handy.

Thoughts?

Indeed it is and it would require making a move to accomodate......cough cough.....Gomez

Personally, I think if the team is making that Gomez move, its for a much better player than Blake Comeau. Even if we assume Comeau gets back to last year's form, he's not the solution to the second line C spot.

Personally, I think if the team is making that Gomez move, its for a much better player than Blake Comeau. Even if we assume Comeau gets back to last year's form, he's not the solution to the second line C spot.

ABSOLUTELY--- I think we can hold out for two bags of PUCKS

I would part with Gomez for pretty much any player in this league. For instance......why not trade him back to the Rangers for Redden. Redden is not a bad player. Not worth his money but certainly still a top 4 player.

I honestly think the 2nd line C spots answer is Eller. If Eller was given as many chances as some on the team it would be shown, I just do not know why Eller is being held back.

Because of Darche. He hates the Danish.

In some threads, there's talk of logjam at centre...in this one, there's talk of adding a centre.

This illustrates the difference between quantity and quality. ;)

I don't think you need to officially designate the Baked Alaskan's 'replacement.' Just rotate Eller and Desharnais in the role, depending on who has the hot hand. And yes, Eller should get first dibs since he more clearly projects to be a top-6 forward.

Incidentally, I guess I'm the only one who thinks it a shame that Gomez got hurt when he did. I know he played poorly against the Canes, but he had looked like dynamite the previous 3-4 games. A productive Gomez would be a massive asset to this team. Too bad.

I honestly think the 2nd line C spots answer is Eller. If Eller was given as many chances as some on the team it would be shown, I just do not know why Eller is being held back.

Agreed. When Plekanec came up, if you recall, he was two or three years, before he got anywheres close to where he is now. let Eller play. The two comments that continue to come up that send me off the deep end are "Gomez is indispensible" and "Martin has met or exceeded expectations", neither which are close to being true.

In some threads, there's talk of logjam at centre...in this one, there's talk of adding a centre.

This illustrates the difference between quantity and quality. ;)

I don't think you need to officially designate the Baked Alaskan's 'replacement.' Just rotate Eller and Desharnais in the role, depending on who has the hot hand. And yes, Eller should get first dibs since he more clearly projects to be a top-6 forward.

Incidentally, I guess I'm the only one who thinks it a shame that Gomez got hurt when he did. I know he played poorly against the Canes, but he had looked like dynamite the previous 3-4 games. A productive Gomez would be a massive asset to this team. Too bad.

We definitely have a logjam at center but going forward both DD and Gomez should not be part of this team. I like Plekanec and Eller but the would like to see another big bodied pivot down the middle. Is Comeau the answer to that question I don't think so I do think that Comeau could have success on the RW.

He is young, did score more than 20 last year and size.

Think he could be handy for us.

Gomez only played poorly on the PP against the Whalercanes. At even strength, he was setting up linemates (Moen hit the goalpost, Hal Gill had a wide open chance) and keeping Staal in check. Staal was a complete non-factor until the 3rd period when Gomez was gone.

Gomez only played poorly on the PP against the Whalercanes. At even strength, he was setting up linemates (Moen hit the goalpost, Hal Gill had a wide open chance) and keeping Staal in check. Staal was a complete non-factor until the 3rd period when Gomez was gone.

And yet losing. Once he was gone we started playing better and ultimately won.

I agree. I don't think we seen enough of the new improved Gomez to make a decision yet. I am on record for leading the charge to get rid of him last year. I can not stand for anyone telling me that he can't be moved. I don't think it's time to move him but I will not be disappointed. Eller needs to play. The best scenerio would be to find a true number one and move plekanec back to two and so forth down the line.

Comeau gets claimed by Calgary, not exactly a team that I figured would take a gamble on him.

Actually, I am not. I think Calgary is preciously close to shutting it down and starting a rebuild. Comeau might represent one more kick at the can.

I think he'll get there, but I'm not convinced he's ready to be the answer for our 2nd line. We need a guy to score 60 pts. Until we get that, its a committee approach of whoever is playing best at any particular time between Gomez, Eller, and DD.

None of the three are good enough, today, to do the job... and its the biggest flaw with this team.

Hey BlueKross? You can not stand it? The fact that Gomez can't be moved? His contract is the most difficult to trade in the entire league. Get used to the idea. Take it sitting down if it's easier.

I would part with Gomez for pretty much any player in this league. For instance......why not trade him back to the Rangers for Redden. Redden is not a bad player. Not worth his money but certainly still a top 4 player.

Because of Darche. He hates the Danish.

The issue was you weren't parting with Gomez, you were just sending him to Hamilton to make room for Comeau.

There are no known concrete offers for Gomez.

If I could trade him, I certainly would do that.

i agree with you and C. Cucumber on Mr. Gomez, as long as he dont eat into Eller or Desharnais's minutes and bumps them on merit alone. There is alsolutely no doubt he is skilled and great handler of puck, but seems to play scared or with no confidence, like when he had that clear break on net and you just knew he wouldnt score. But he still is a good set-up guy for sure.

The issue was you weren't parting with Gomez, you were just sending him to Hamilton to make room for Comeau.

There are no offers for Gomez.

Im just so frustrated with more than 10% of the cap being spent on uselessness.

I still don't see Eller or DD replacing Gomez. Eller looks to me like he could turn into a nice 3rd line center, fill in at 2nd. I don't see him as a dominant player in the near future (I hope he proves me wrong, but he isn't lighting up the league like some here seem to think). DD is a smaller, weaker, but younger version of Gomez. He is a zippy little guy, but loses most one on one battles. He is playing with our two best players at the moment (cole and pacs). I think Gomez would have similar numbers at center there.

I hope we can eventually replace Gomez and DD with a bigger center on par with Pleks. That would be a significant upgrade down the middle. Now swap out one of Cammy / Gionta for another Cole type player, and we might be making some noise.