Aaron Palushaj up again

Commandant

Guess Blunden doesn't go tomorrow.

for once will they actually give Palushaj a regular shift on one of top 2 lines, to see what he really has, or can do?

playing 5-8minutes on 4th line is just a waste of an offensive player.

At this point what can it hurt?

Palushaj ? Yippee!!. Another great trade by the "brain"trust

Seriously, you're now complaining about more injury callups? They only have so many viable options and when 5 of the top 13/14 forwards (Gionta, Moen, Nokelainen, White, and Blunden) are out of the lineup, the pickings no matter what are going to be slim.

Palushaj ? Yippee!!. Another great trade by the "brain"trust

you do complain an awful lot man, you have been on here for less than a month, have like 200 posts, and i bet that 195 of them are just you bitching about something

Seriously, you're now complaining about more injury callups? They only have so many viable options and when 5 of the top 13/14 forwards (Gionta, Moen, Nokelainen, White, and Blunden) are out of the lineup, the pickings no matter what are going to be slim.

Not complaining,I think it's a joke. We traded a 20 goal scorer for a minor league stiff. And yyou and your bunch continue to defend one of the worst managements in professional sports.

you do complain an awful lot man, you have been on here for less than a month, have like 200 posts, and i bet that 195 of them are just you bitching about something

And 90% of them are about this inept management that has turned this great franchise into a bottom feeder and laughingstock. Speaking of which,Jaro Halak gets his 5th shutout,is 12-1-3 in his last 16 with LESS goal support then Price.Who we traded for the proverbial bag of pucks

Not complaining,I think it's a joke. We traded a 20 goal scorer for a minor league stiff. And yyou and your bunch continue to defend one of the worst managements in professional sports.

When we traded him he had been battling between AHL and NHL for 2 years and in 40 NHL games had... 4 points.

In is first full season in St Louis he got 21, this season he is going for... 14.

And 90% of them are about this inept management that has turned this great franchise into a bottom feeder and laughingstock. Speaking of which,Jaro Halak gets his 5th shutout,is 12-1-3 in his last 16 with LESS goal support then Price.Who we traded for the proverbial bag of pucks

Halak also has split duties with Elliot and is playing many fewer games, started terribly, Hitchcock style of game is going to help goalies (as in facing fewer shots a game) and look at St Louis's defensive core.

Polak 50 games

Pietrangelo 49 games

Shattenkirk 49 games

Jackman 49 games

Carlo C 37 games (okay he missed some)

Russell has been limited to 26 games.

Limited injuries to their d-line. Alex P (who is the same age as PK) is the youngest, Shattenkirk is 23 and has been playing at the NHL and AHL level a few seasons.

Look at Montreal. Not having Markov, having Emelin and Diaz both rookies with no North American experience, relying heavily on Subban who many of us feel should have been sat a few times, injuries to Spacek and Gill, leading to having St Dennis up from the AHL, having Weber in who plays half his time as a forward it seems and Campoli has been far from good in his games since coming back from injury.

Yes St Louis has less scoring then Montreal, but they are not a scoring team, they are a shut down team. A very physical team who has been riding two hot goalies.

I would also like to mention that there were analysts who predicted us going first in the conference this season. I don't think anyone predicted this kind of year from the habs, we have had terrible luck with the timing of injuries and players giving up on the staff. Also, Eller is far from a bag of pucks. He is going to double his production from last year. He is developing.

Ken Hitchcock is the goalie god. This is a guy who managed to get

9 shutouts out of Pascal Leclaire.

10 shutouts and a calder trophy out of Steve Mason.

What do those two goalies look like without him.

Halak is a good goalie,, but the number of shutouts, and all his stats (as well as Elliot's stats) are a little inflated by Ken Hitchcock.

As long as the Blues continue to buy into Hitchcocks system they will be a great defensive team and their goalie stats will reflect that.

One day, probably in 3-4 years they will stop buying in and Hitchcock will be fired, but until that day happens, their team is gonna get a lot of wins.

Ken Hitchcock is the goalie god. This is a guy who managed to get

9 shutouts out of Pascal Leclaire.

10 shutouts and a calder trophy out of Steve Mason.

What do those two goalies look like without him.

Halak is a good goalie,, but the number of shutouts, and all his stats (as well as Elliot's stats) are a little inflated by Ken Hitchcock.

As long as the Blues continue to buy into Hitchcocks system they will be a great defensive team and their goalie stats will reflect that.

One day, probably in 3-4 years they will stop buying in and Hitchcock will be fired, but until that day happens, their team is gonna get a lot of wins.

He worked wonders with them two its true.

I'm sorry, me and my bunch? I'm my own person and I've strayed away from commenting on most of the threads you've posted in so I'm not sure where you get off lumping me in with anybody. Do yourself a favour, stop looping everyone that disagrees with you as part of 'a bunch.' Also, nothing in my previous post said anything about Gauthier, just that on any team, the 15th/16th forward callup isn't going to be all that good. That's not in defence of or bashing anyone, that's just the way things are.

I'm sorry, me and my bunch? I'm my own person and I've strayed away from commenting on most of the threads you've posted in so I'm not sure where you get off lumping me in with anybody. Do yourself a favour, stop looping everyone that disagrees with you as part of 'a bunch.' Also, nothing in my previous post said anything about Gauthier, just that on any team, the 15th/16th forward callup isn't going to be all that good. That's not in defence of or bashing anyone, that's just the way things are.

Well our 10-12 forwards(Blunden,Nokie,Darche) are terrible also.As bad as anyones in the league.

When we traded him he had been battling between AHL and NHL for 2 years and in 40 NHL games had... 4 points.

In is first full season in St Louis he got 21, this season he is going for... 14.

Halak also has split duties with Elliot and is playing many fewer games, started terribly, Hitchcock style of game is going to help goalies (as in facing fewer shots a game) and look at St Louis's defensive core.

Polak 50 games

Pietrangelo 49 games

Shattenkirk 49 games

Jackman 49 games

Limited injuries to their d-line. Alex P (who is the same age as PK) is the youngest, Shattenkirk is 23 and has been playing at the NHL and AHL level a few seasons.

Look at Montreal. Not having Markov, having Emelin and Diaz both rookies with no North American experience, relying heavily on Subban who many of us feel should have been sat a few times, injuries to Spacek and Gill, leading to having St Dennis up from the AHL, having Weber in who plays half his time as a forward it seems and Campoli has been far from good in his games since coming back from injury.

Yes St Louis has less scoring then Montreal, but they are not a scoring team, they are a shut down team. A very physical team who has been riding two hot goalies.

I would also like to mention that there were analysts who predicted us going first in the conference this season. I don't think anyone predicted this kind of year from the habs, we have had terrible luck with the timing of injuries and players giving up on the staff. Also, Eller is far from a bag of pucks.

Polak 50 games

Pietrangelo 49 games

Shattenkirk 49 games

Jackman 49 games

I would also like to mention that there were analysts who predicted us going first in the conference this season. I don't think anyone predicted this kind of year from the habs, we have had terrible luck with the timing of injuries and players giving up on the staff. Also, Eller is far from a bag of pucks. He is going to double his production from last year. He is developing.

He is developing.

"He is going to double his production from last year".He got 17 pts last year. I would certainly hope he can get 34 pts,considering what we gave up to get him.But I predict he won't even get to that low total

Well our 10-12 forwards(Blunden,Nokie,Darche) are terrible also.As bad as anyones in the league.

Okay. To me, that's not really relevant when discussing the context of one player being chosen over another as a callup though. My first thought when hearing a callup is how will they fit in on the roster, not how the player was acquired and who acquired him. Not every little thing needs to be about management.

I just want to see Palushaj actually play an offensive role this season. That's where his skill lies. Hell, that's why we gave up on D'Agostini. He needed to play in an offensive role and he would seriously cool down after 10 hot games. Palushaj is a similar player only younger. We have the room right now. Use him that way!

I just want to see Palushaj actually play an offensive role this season. That's where his skill lies. Hell, that's why we gave up on D'Agostini. He needed to play in an offensive role and he would seriously cool down after 10 hot games. Palushaj is a similar player only younger. We have the room right now. Use him that way!

Well, yeah. If he's somewhere near ready, then you may as well throw him into that role. It's not like our current guys are bringing good results anyway!

Okay. To me, that's not really relevant when discussing the context of one player being chosen over another as a callup though. My first thought when hearing a callup is how will they fit in on the roster, not how the player was acquired and who acquired him. Not every little thing needs to be about management.

Actually EVERY thing that is wrong with the Habs is about management.In a lost season I would like to see some different players up here. I don't follow Hamilton too close,but there must be other that are worth a look

Actually EVERY thing that is wrong with the Habs is about management.In a lost season I would like to see some different players up here. I don't follow Hamilton too close,but there must be other that are worth a look

Engqvist and Willsie are about the only forwards who have played remotely decent enough to deserve a callup. Palushaj was the best option and is someone that they need to evaluate for next season.

Engqvist and Willsie are about the only forwards who have played remotely decent enough to deserve a callup. Palushaj was the best option and is someone that they need to evaluate for next season.

That's sad. I hope we can get some good forward prospects at the deadline to restock the shambles that PG/BG has turned Hamilton into

That's sad. I hope we can get some good forward prospects at the deadline to restock the shambles that PG/BG has turned Hamilton into

The way the prospect system is right now, most of the top prospects are in junior. There will be an influx of talent next season that will turn things around. I only hope the credit for their resurgence will go to the people who actually brought those players in.

• Upvote 1

You don't follow our prospects either apparently.

Max, DD, Eller, Weber, PK, White..these guys came up over the last two years. Add in Diaz who was supposed to be in AHL and Nash's injury adds some issues.

Thats a big turnover of top level talent. Because we have been drafting guys going to college lately we have a delay in prospect integration into Hamilton. The number of prospects moving to Hamilton next year is quite large, Gallagher may be there if not NHL, TInordi, Bournival, Kristo, Beaulieu are all Hamilton bound. Then others like... Quailer, Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn and Pribyl are questionable I believe, Brian can elaborate I'm sure I'm missing names this is off the top of my head.

We are getting a talent infusion into Hamilton next year.

Thats a big turnover of top level talent. Because we have been drafting guys going to college lately we have a delay in prospect integration into Hamilton. The number of prospects moving to Hamilton next year is quite large, Gallagher may be there if not NHL, TInordi, Bournival, Kristo, Beaulieu are all Hamilton bound. Then others like... Quailer, Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn and Pribyl are questionable I believe, Brian can elaborate I'm sure I'm missing names this is off the top of my head.

The ones we know for sure are Tinordi, Bournival, and Gallagher. Ellis, Holland, and Westin have to sign within the next few months. I'd guess the first 2 are inked. We'll know Pateryn's future probably in the next 6 weeks once the NCAA season ends as to whether he'll be there or released. Kristo could sign, stay in school for his senior year, or pull a Blake Kessel and go to free agency. The first two options also apply to Quailer. Pribyl/Nygren are also options but both will likely stay overseas. Beaulieu is eligible but also could stay unsigned and play junior next year (hopefully the former happens there). It'll be a different looking team for sure.