Thoughts on this miserable season..

nickm

Its not so much shooting him down the chart, its acknowledging that our chart wasnt good enough this year.

Diaz did pretty well though. He was pretty much on the all-rookie team.

I say stick with the same D minus the UFAs and Weber and see how Tinordi looks at camp. I can see him bypassing the AHL at this point so no sense filling his eventual role with a plug.

i cant see Tinordi ready.  As dominant as he is in the O, i expect some rough patches in the AHL.  D his size almost always need time as they move up. Also the same D minus the UFAs and with 0 replacements has serious depth issues, and would ask for 82 games out of Markov which might not be realistic.

i cant see Tinordi ready. As dominant as he is in the O, i expect some rough patches in the AHL. D his size almost always need time as they move up. Also the same D minus the UFAs and with 0 replacements has serious depth issues, and would ask for 82 games out of Markov which might not be realistic.

I think Tinordi will certainly start the season with Hamilton but he will be with the habs at some point next season. Problem is that too much will be expected with him on this team with the current roster. A kid like Cowen with Ottawa is insulated with toughness with guys like Carkner, Phillips, and then up front with Neil, Konopka, etc.... he doesn't have to be a physical intimidating presence. In Montreal he'll be the biggest guy out there so everyone will expect him to answer the bell.

If it was me at the helm I would have to make some serious decisions. No way we can have a D-core with Kaberle, Markov, Weber, Diaz all playing. At least 2 of those guys have to go.

I think Tinordi will certainly start the season with Hamilton but he will be with the habs at some point next season.  Problem is that too much will be expected with him on this team with the current roster.  A kid like Cowen with Ottawa is insulated with toughness with guys like Carkner, Phillips, and then up front with Neil, Konopka, etc....  he doesn't have to be a physical intimidating presence.  In Montreal he'll be the biggest guy out there so everyone will expect him to answer the bell.

If it was me at the helm I would have to make some serious decisions.  No way we can have a D-core with Kaberle, Markov, Weber, Diaz all playing.  At least 2 of those guys have to go.

weber gone and diaz 7th, accomplishes this.

I think Tinordi will certainly start the season with Hamilton but he will be with the habs at some point next season. Problem is that too much will be expected with him on this team with the current roster. A kid like Cowen with Ottawa is insulated with toughness with guys like Carkner, Phillips, and then up front with Neil, Konopka, etc.... he doesn't have to be a physical intimidating presence. In Montreal he'll be the biggest guy out there so everyone will expect him to answer the bell.

If it was me at the helm I would have to make some serious decisions. No way we can have a D-core with Kaberle, Markov, Weber, Diaz all playing. At least 2 of those guys have to go.

Why rush him and your bang on about him answering the bell and he will. Let him play a year with the dogs and get even bigger an log big mins down there. Not a lot of d men can jump form the ohl,whl,qmjhl to the nhl. The Ahl is great hockey to learn form at least he will be playing against men that will or have been in the nhl.

Why rush him and your bang on about him answering the bell and he will. Let him play a year with the dogs and get even bigger an log big mins down there. Not a lot of d men can jump form the ohl,whl,qmjhl to the nhl. The Ahl is great hockey to learn form at least he will be playing against men that will or have been in the nhl.

Agreed. Habs will trade either Weber, Diaz or Kabs and sign a big tough vet dman to a one year contract to get:

Gorges-PK

Markov-Emelin

Kabs-UFA

Diaz or Weber

Tinordi will have a crack at the UFA's spot the following season. And the trade up for him will take its place on the long list of very smart moves made by PG as the Habs GM. I just hope he still has the job when full appreciation for that move develops.

Tinordi will have a crack at the UFA's spot the following season. And the trade up for him will take its place on the long list of very smart moves made by PG as the Habs GM. I just hope he still has the job when full appreciation for that move develops.

+1

I'm just happy they FINALLY realized theis team needs actual toughness.

I had to make sure i was watching the habs the past few weeks. Players actually sticking up for eachother. I actually saw a few players even stand up for Price.

Plus Staubitz actually has won or had a draw in his fights. It's nice to see a hab in a fight not pivking himself off the ice after a beating.