Habs vs Sabres, Mar. 21, 7 PM

dlbalr

I like that most teams ahead of us hold ROW tiebreakers on us and road games at Philly, Washington, Rangers show a tough schedule

I think for some strange reason the Habs win at least one of those NYR PHI games and possibly both.

I like that most teams ahead of us hold ROW tiebreakers on us and road games at Philly, Washington, Rangers show a tough schedule

I like that we have games in hand on everyone :)

Ducks win to further help the tank

Eight more games.

If Montreal can end those eight games under 80 points, we'll be golden. If not, we may slip out of the bottom three. Even if we do, I think Montreal's is looking at either 28th or 27th. Only team I can see doing worse is Minnesota. Blessed with three fantastic goalies but they can't score to save their lives and their defence is pretty shallow.

Eight more games.

If Montreal can end those eight games under 80 points, we'll be golden. If not, we may slip out of the bottom three. Even if we do, I think Montreal's is looking at either 28th or 27th. Only team I can see doing worse is Minnesota. Blessed with three fantastic goalies but they can't score to save their lives and their defence is pretty shallow.

Yeah Minnesota is the team that will pass us.

If I had to guess at the bottom... I think I'd go

Columbus - Yakupov (The 1# guy all year)

Minnesota - Grigorenko (They want offense and by most accounts Grigs is the 2nd best talent)

Edmonton - Murray or Dumba (I really think Edmonton will be looking to draft D)

Montreal - Galchenyuk (Seems to be Timmins kinda guy, and I personally want him haha)

Islanders - Forsberg ( A high riser of late... Isles like to bet on that I find, like Nido last year)

Tampa Bay - Murray or Dumba (Rebuilding from their D) - Though I can see Tampa trading this pick easily.

Thats my guess! I can't see Edmonton drafting lower then 4th imo. We could slip as low as 6th though. I also think that Columbus and Minnesota will be the first two picks without question.

Yeah Minnesota is the team that will pass us.

If I had to guess at the bottom... I think I'd go

Columbus - Yakupov (The 1# guy all year)

Minnesota - Grigorenko (They want offense and by most accounts Grigs is the 2nd best talent)

Edmonton - Murray or Dumba (I really think Edmonton will be looking to draft D)

Montreal - Galchenyuk (Seems to be Timmins kinda guy, and I personally want him haha)

Islanders - Forsberg ( A high riser of late... Isles like to bet on that I find, like Nido last year)

Tampa Bay - Murray or Dumba (Rebuilding from their D) - Though I can see Tampa trading this pick easily.

Thats my guess! I can't see Edmonton drafting lower then 4th imo. We could slip as low as 6th though. I also think that Columbus and Minnesota will be the first two picks without question.

Minny going defence is far more likely than even the Oilers, they have a ton of forward prospects including the 2nd best player (IMO) not in the NHL in Granlund.  They only have Brodin on D.  Look at their system not their current team. Isles should also go D. In fact these teams are both closer to D locks for me than Edmonton.

Minny going defence is far more likely than even the Oilers, they have a ton of forward prospects including the 2nd best player (IMO) not in the NHL in Granlund. They only have Brodin on D. Look at their system not their current team. Isles should also go D. In fact these teams are both closer to D locks for me than Edmonton.

Yeah, the Wild are scoring inefficient but that also has to do with no good puck movers in the back. Brodziak, Granlund and Koivu make it hard for me to see them go after a centerman but who knows, Fletcher might have their M.O. to be BPA. The Wild need a puck moving D-man and a top six winger. They are in better position to get a D-man.

Huh? The habs are as bad if not worse at scoring then Minnesota.

If the habs win 2 more games, that's a big if. The Wild only have to win 2 more as well.

Either at 3 or 4 i think the habs will get one of the centers.

Pick 1 is a given. I think one of Edmonton or another team picking in front of the habs will take a dman.

If not, the habs can land a top end dman, not the worst problem. They need help on the back end ASAP. I believe Dumba is the offensive dman, i can't remember the other dman listed in the top 5 and i don't know much about him.

One thing I'll say is that it has to be more frustrating to be a Leafs or Minnesota fan than a Habs fan this season. Both of those teams spent most of the season comfortably in a playoff position, even looking great - only to utterly collapse down the stretch. Leafs fans in particular must be ripping their hair out: seriously teased with the idea that they finally had a competitive club. Then: kaboom.

We, on the other hand, have sucked since day one, and most of us came to terms with the full scope of the horror sometime around December-January. In a strange way that's a better place to be. It makes it harder to rationalize the organization's mediocrity - e.g., if we had been the Leafs, Gauthier would probably stick around - and brings a high pick; and the only pain I've been feeling over the past two months is boredom in the form of nearly total disinterest in the Habs' games. 'Comfortably numb,' as someone said.

Yeah, the Wild are scoring inefficient but that also has to do with no good puck movers in the back.  Brodziak, Granlund and Koivu make it hard for me to see them go after a centerman but who knows, Fletcher might have their M.O. to be BPA.  The Wild need a puck moving D-man and a top six winger.  They are in better position to get a D-man.

Zack Phillips at Centre too.  Charlie Coyle, Jason Zucker, Johan Larsson, Brett Bulmer, Mario Lucia, as wings.

On D they have Jonas Brodin and uh, uh, uh, jack squat as far as prospects go.

Huh? The habs are as bad if not worse at scoring then Minnesota.

Montreal has scored close to 40 goals more than Minnesota this season.

Minnesota has only one 20 goal scorer in Dany Heatley... with 20 goals. Yes, Dany Heatley with only 20 goals. They certainly won't finish the season with anyone hitting 30 and Montreal will likely have two.

Now, Minnesota may end up with three 20 goal scorers by the end of the season but the Habs are unquestionably a better goal scoring team and it's supported by having players like Markov, Subban and Kaberle on their back-end. Minnesota has Jared Spurgeon and for almost as long as Montreal has had Markov, they've had Tom Gilbert. No back end support. Minnesota has the worst five on five in the NHL and has actually scored less PP goals this year than Montreal (our percentage is worse by 0.3).

Yeah... Minnesota is honestly worse. I know it feels like we're the worst scoring team in the league watching games, but imagine a situation of having three excellent goalies (Hackett won't sit in the minors for very long) and nobody scoring. Montreal loses if Price lets in two goals. Minnesota loses if Harding, Backstrom or Hackett let in one.

Wow, i can't believe any team scores less then the habs.

Either way, the habs will pick 3 or 4 IMO.

I don't see any more than 2 wins on there schedule. They have totally given up.

The moved a promising center to wing (Eller) They moved Leblanc from a center to wing, now back to center. I am not even sure what they are doing out there.

The only entertainment value on this team currently is watching Staubitz fight.

There are 7 teams including 2 playoff clubs (florida la) with less goals than us. Our gf/ga isnt close to the teams close to us. We've been unlucky in 1 goal games. The team is much better than its record. It honestly won't take much to turn this around.

There are 7 teams including 2 playoff clubs (florida la) with less goals than us. Our gf/ga isnt close to the teams close to us. We've been unlucky in 1 goal games. The team is much better than its record. It honestly won't take much to turn this around.

Yeah, while Montreal doesn't score allll that much it isn't like we are inept at it and considering the amount of AHL'ers we have had called up it can't be that much a surprise. Gomer never scores/injured, Gionta was out a lot of the year, Cammy under preformed/was injured and Bourque hasn't been much better.

Too bad they wont play Leblanc, Palushaj and Blunden on a regular shift. It is just practice games happening now (or a very very early pre-seaon) and might as well see what they can do if given a regular shift.

Even the top line and Plekanec are just going through the motions.

But nice loss none the less.

Too bad they wont play Leblanc, Palushaj and Blunden on a regular shift. It is just practice games happening now (or a very very early pre-seaon) and might as well see what they can do if given a regular shift.

Even the top line and Plekanec are just going through the motions.

But nice loss none the less.

Putting Plek with Leblanc and Palushaj would be a very good idea.

It would make a lot more sense then ridding Pleks with Darche or White.

yes Plekanec is a top 6 and neither Darche nor White are, but tis just practice so try em all, who really cares at this point.

The thing is I'd like to see Palushaj, Leblanc, and Geoffrion get some real offensive chances to see what they are capable of.

I know that these guys have AHL skill. But in the NHL they've been pretty much stuck with our fourth line scrubs.

I'd like to see if there is skill beneath the surface. Skill they have problems showing with who they are with.

Heck break up the top line so all the young kids get some opportunity with skilled vets.

yes Plekanec is a top 6 and neither Darche nor White are, but tis just practice so try em all, who really cares at this point.

The thing is I'd like to see Palushaj, Leblanc, and Geoffrion get some real offensive chances to see what they are capable of.

I know that these guys have AHL skill. But in the NHL they've been pretty much stuck with our fourth line scrubs.

I'd like to see if there is skill beneath the surface. Skill they have problems showing with who they are with.

Exactly, White and Darche shouldn't be given time with Pleks, young guys with offensive abilities should get that shot. We need to decide what to do with Palu (haha that rhymed) and Leblanc if he isn't in the AHL should play with him to.

There is a wildcard I didn't realize with Minnesota, they haven't signed Granlund yet. If they don't sign him before June 1st he would re-enter the draft.

He's a player I would trade our pick for, if we could sign him. He's a Centre with fantastic skill and would probably be picked top 2 if he re-entered the draft. He was a top 10 pick who has only improved since his draft year.