2012 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Sakic, Oates, Bure and Sundin are in the HHOF.

Sundin stands out as the guy who doesn't belong as much as Shanahan or Lindros.

So happy for Pavel.. he was my favorite player to watch. I saw him in his rookie season against the Red Wings at Joe Louis. Unbelievable speed, thought he would get a breakaway every shift.

Dennis Wideman to Calgary, 5 years, $26.25 million. That's a hefty price. Oh well, time to add a different blueliner to the list for the HW UFA pool (the ballot should be up tomorrow).

Can't play defense. Should be a forward. Glad we didn't get him.

Don't like that deal at all for Philly, great one for the Leafs.

JVR is damaged goods. Schenn has time to gain some consistancy. He's still young and makes too many errors. But that improves with experience.

Van Riemsdyk has a bad hip and has had 2 or 3 concussions already, not to mention he plays a gritty game. Emelin will catch him with his head down this season.

Dennis Wideman to Calgary, 5 years, $26.25 million. That's a hefty price. Oh well, time to add a different blueliner to the list for the HW UFA pool (the ballot should be up tomorrow).

This is beyond terrible. Wideman was to Washington what Kaberle is to Montreal and they signed him for five years.

So much for our long shot at getting Crosby. I figured that was the case when they moved Staal. Someone had to go and it would have been tough for Pitts to let Crosby go, despite the concussion risk. Still, this contract might be the end of them if he exits in the next year or two.

The real danger for Pitts is if injuries take a toll on Crosby and make him significantly less effective. Same deal with all these long contracts (Ovie for example). Personally, I think anything longer then 5 years is just stupid. Its not like if things are going well you can't extend again. The teams are taking all the risk with these deals. I kind of hope the new CBA limits these.

The real danger for Pitts is if injuries take a toll on Crosby and make him significantly less effective. Same deal with all these long contracts (Ovie for example). Personally, I think anything longer then 5 years is just stupid. Its not like if things are going well you can't extend again. The teams are taking all the risk with these deals. I kind of hope the new CBA limits these.

Why? What's it to you that the teams are offering 10 year contracts? I simply don't understand the problem people have with them. Stop trying to bubble wrap the owners and players into being unable to make any mistakes and then if they do they have immediate ways to cut ties and clean them up. It's ridiculous. Owners should be liable for putting the wrong people in charge.

• Upvote 1

Reports are that New Jersey could not commit to Brodeur due to their financial situation so he's planning to test the market. Called Pat Brisson to be his agent (meaning Brodeur was working without an agent). Right now this Luongo New Jersey/Brodeur to Toronto idea is scaring me.

Damn. I wanted Steve Ott anywhere but in the NorthEast division...

Prust and crew got their hands full now...

Only if we had Lappy as our 4th line center hahahaha

Then we would have crazy amounts of pest in our line up!

Prust and crew got their hands full now...

Only if we had Lappy as our 4th line center hahahaha

Then we would have crazy amounts of pest in our line up!

Moen, White, Prust and Armstrong is enough grit to compare to Buffalo, Boston and Ottawa's bottom lines.

We're going to need it too. Ottawa nearly knocked out the Rangers with it.

Eric Johnson gets 4 years 15 million from the Avs.

I expect this sets a nice market for PK (though PK should get more)

I estimate PK will get somewhere in the 5-6 million$/year range for 4-5 years!

I estimate PK will get somewhere in the 5-6 million$/year range for 4-5 years!

If he does, Bergevin will need a lesson in negotiating with RFA's who have 4 years of team control left.