Habs take Price to arbitration

dlbalr

The Habs have taken Carey Price to arbitration, preventing any team from attempting to give him an offer sheet. The club has the option to file for a 1 or 2 year deal; this doesn't preclude them from negotiating a long-term pact. Do note, if the Habs opt for a 1 year deal, they won't have this option next year.

Genius move by Bergevin. Teams may submit an offer sheet so why not eliminate that possibility.

Genius is a little strong for a move that almost all 30 teams would make in the same situation.

I like the move, but it seems more like standard operating procedure than Genius

Genius is a little strong for a move that almost all 30 teams would make in the same situation.

I like the move, but it seems more like standard operating procedure than Genius

I ask myself one question. What would Gainey or Gauthier do? Then I think of this, then throw out the word genius

• Upvote 1

I ask myself one question. What would Gainey or Gauthier do? Then I think of this, then throw out the word genius

It's not like doing so or failing to do has yielded a different result - no one has signed an offer sheet under either of their stints. Evidently, Bergevin feels more comfortable taking extra precaution here, good on him for doing so to assuage some fears but this isn't a big thing or shows that he's smarter than his predecessors.

Genius move by Bergevin. Teams may submit an offer sheet so why not eliminate that possibility.

Imo, a Genius move would have been getting price and Subban signed by now.

• Upvote 1

IMO, filling out assistants like dufrene or daigneult or riendeau could have been delayed - who is rushing to sign these guys??? Getting your core guys signed is much more important. If the were going to sign Therrian, what was the rush?? Who else wanted him???

I like the Dudley and gallent hires, but other then that, did we really pick up any real high demand people??

That's a pretty tall order. He had to retool his entire staff and prepare for the draft and get to know everyone in a very short time.

IMO, filling out assistants like dufrene or daigneult or riendeau could have been delayed - who is rushing to sign these guys??? Getting your core guys signed is much more important. If the were going to sign Therrian, what was the rush?? Who else wanted him???

I like the Dudley and gallent hires, but other then that, did we really pick up any real high demand people??

What's the rush, especially with the CBA expiring?

:lol: Cranky as ever, I love it