7:30 PM Washington @ Montreal, Third vs Second...Again

dlbalr

Pre-Game Notes: Rene Bourque will make his return to game action after missing the past 21 games with a concussion. Ryan White will sit as a result. Davis Drewiske moves up to play regularly alongside Andrei Markov while Nathan Beaulieu begins his second stint with the club on the third pairing. Joel Ward and recently-acquired Martin Erat both made the trip for Washington but neither are expected to play. Brooks Laich did not make the trip and will sit this one out as well. Alex Ovechkin is on fire at the moment with 8 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 games.

Montreal Canadiens expected Line-Up

Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust

Moen - Halpern - Bourque

Markov - Drewiske

Gorges - Subban

Bouillon - Beaulieu

Price

Washington Capitals expected Line-Up

Johansson - Backstrom - Ovechkin

Wolski - Ribeiro - Brouwer

Chimera - Perreault - Fehr

Volpatti - Hendricks - Beagle

Alzner - Green

Erskine - Carlson

Hillen - Oleksy

Neuvirth

Game time is 7:30 PM. Also worth following tonight is Carolina-Pittsburgh, wouldn't it be great if Carolina could win just their second in their last 14 games?

Poor Muller for real... Crazy that three coaches all us fans wanted (Muller, Boucher, and Hartley) could all be out of jobs and Therrien a candidate for the Jack Adams.

Poor Muller for real... Crazy that three coaches all us fans wanted (Muller, Boucher, and Hartley) could all be out of jobs and Therrien a candidate for the Jack Adams.

I wanted nothing to do with Hartley.

I understood why they let Boucher walk

and as for Muller my avatar speaks to how much I would have loved to see him here.

But Kirk has not been able to do what Mclean in Ottawa has done and that is find ways to win desptire injuries and having your starting goalie go down.

I wonder if Kirk survives the year and is in Carolina for October 2013?

Other quick pregame notes. The Caps have won 4 straight at the Bell Centre, the last 3 of which have all been shutouts. Washington's PP is a league high 25.2%, the Habs would be wise to stay out of the box tonight. Montreal has been assessed the most minor penalties of any team presently in a playoff spot.

I'm new to these boards, but have spent some time at the official Habs forum.. Figured id see if this is a better place to discuss the current games!! :hyper:

Welcome aboard....you will find some real great contributers in these forums....and I'm not talking about myself

Welcome aboard....you will find some real great contributers in these forums....and I'm not talking about myself

Thank you! Thats great to hear.. Lets Go Habs!! I'm excited for us to shut these Washington fans up!!

Montreal has been assessed the most minor penalties of any team presently in a playoff spot.

I don't think that the memo went to Claude Julien's office...

Before anyone gets too confident, you should know that Chris Lee is one of tonight's refs.

The other 2 games hes reffed for the Habs this year have been almost penalty free I believe.

He is talking about me. :)

Anyway, terrible start so far. Price looks great though.