2012-13 NHL Playoffs Thread

They're not in the playoffs but since we don't have a dedicated thread discussing the ridiculousness that is the Phoenix sale situation, I'm posting it here. Today, the NHL rejected an offer that would have relieved them of the year-to-year financial losses that the other owners are incurring keep them afloat. The potential owner was also willing to keep them in Glendale. Granted, we don't know the full details of the offer (there could be some poison pills in there) but is the NHL really naive enough to believe they have much in the way of leverage here? Heck, if a potential owner said they'd take the team for free, I'd have to think it'd at least be worth considering at this time.

It was suggested a couple of months ago that if this doesn't get resolved by the summer, Phoenix was moving. The summer is less than two months away (the schedule needs to be done sometime in that stretch as well). It's believed that there's another offer out there led by George Gosbee but I'd wait until that one is on the verge of completion before nixing any others. I found this rejection to be quite the puzzling announcement.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/nhl-rejects-offer-to-purchase-coyotes/

Absolutely.

"is likely"

Also, count the amount of Boston shots that missed the net or hit the post and come back.

I watched all the games... If Price played as well as Reimer has, we would be in the second round. No question. The last two elimination games he has been extremely good.

Well, the leafs appear to be going to the second round with great goaltending and timely goals.

As I several times this season, they are a good team that was only held back by goaltending. Now that they are getting the goaltending, they are killing off the Bruins. At least we didn't lose to them.

Well, the leafs appear to be going to the second round with great goaltending and timely goals.

As I several times this season, they are a good team that was only held back by goaltending. Now that they are getting the goaltending, they are killing off the Bruins. At least we didn't lose to them.

Oh my Lord, thank the heavens for that!!!

You might want to re-think that...

My oh my!!

I watched all the games... If Price played as well as Reimer has, we would be in the second round. No question. The last two elimination games he has been extremely good.

Did you see Reemer struggling to swallow ? He was literally choking! I am not kidding, I pointed it out at 4-3 timeout when they showed him. Yikes.

Lol, maybe I jinxed them.... All tied up... What a comeback for Boston.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm still heartbroken with the OHL result (my Colts coughed up a goal with 1 second left in Game 7 of the league finals), I'd actually be enjoying this... As soon as they made it 4-3, my gut said they were tying it.

Lol.... I jinxed the Leafs big time.... What power I hold...

Bruins going all the way now.... :)

Phoque that! The "slightly" lesser of two evils went forward. Time for them to come crashing down

Phoque that! The "slightly" lesser of two evils went forward. Time for them to come crashing down

Crap..just detected the sarcasm in your post!

Crap..just detected the sarcasm in your post!

:)

Honestly, I have trouble seeing anyone in the East stopping the Pens, despite MAF.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else a tad perplexed by the number of extra off days in the 2nd round? The MTL-OTT (and WSH-NYR) series were scheduled to play 7 games in 11 days. There's a game between PIT-OTT on the 11th day of their series...it's their 5th. Why was there all this rush to get Round 1 done if Round 2 is being this spread apart?

They're not in the playoffs but since we don't have a dedicated thread discussing the ridiculousness that is the Phoenix sale situation, I'm posting it here. Today, the NHL rejected an offer that would have relieved them of the year-to-year financial losses that the other owners are incurring keep them afloat. The potential owner was also willing to keep them in Glendale. Granted, we don't know the full details of the offer (there could be some poison pills in there) but is the NHL really naive enough to believe they have much in the way of leverage here? Heck, if a potential owner said they'd take the team for free, I'd have to think it'd at least be worth considering at this time.

It was suggested a couple of months ago that if this doesn't get resolved by the summer, Phoenix was moving. The summer is less than two months away (the schedule needs to be done sometime in that stretch as well). It's believed that there's another offer out there led by George Gosbee but I'd wait until that one is on the verge of completion before nixing any others. I found this rejection to be quite the puzzling announcement.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/13/nhl-rejects-offer-to-purchase-coyotes/

It looks like there's an agreement in place with the Gosbee group to buy the team and keep them in Phoenix. As we've seen from past history though, it's not done until all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed. The qualified optimism has already begun.

LouisJean_TVA Although all signs point towards new ownership being introduced soon to save #Coyotes, #NHL source says it is still a "work in progress".

https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/status/338304309735337984

Qualified optimism from who? You can probably fit all the people who want the Coyotes to stay in Phoenix in a medium-sized hall.

The NHL source. Signs are pointing towards a new ownership group (optimism) but... (the qualification)

Also, Boston has advanced to Round 3 and will play Pittsburgh. It's the battle of Jarome Iginla's team vs what was at one point thought to be Jarome Iginla's team.

The NHL source. Signs are pointing towards a new ownership group (optimism) but... (the qualification)

Also, Boston has advanced to Round 3 and will play Pittsburgh. It's the battle of Jarome Iginla's team vs what was at one point thought to be Jarome Iginla's team.

Jarome's replacement is Jagr, facing his former team Pittsburgh. It's a great storyline... for anyone who still cares about these playoffs.

I can't give a shit anymore. (Probably) LA/Detroit and Pittsburgh/Boston? Man, who could I possibly cheer for who hasn't seen much Stanley Cup success lately? :rolleyes:

Jarome's replacement is Jagr, facing his former team Pittsburgh. It's a great storyline... for anyone who still cares about these playoffs.

I can't give a shit anymore. (Probably) LA/Detroit and Pittsburgh/Boston? Man, who could I possibly cheer for who hasn't seen much Stanley Cup success lately? :rolleyes:

My 2nd favorite team is the Kings. Could live with a repeat...

I'm irritated by Detroit's success. For God's sake, can't they even do the decent thing and struggle through a period of rebuilding like everybody else?? :angry:

Boston and Pittsburgh should be a hell of a series. Well worth watching for star power and storylines, and those two teams are the class of the east.

If Luongo doesn't land in Pittsburgh next season I will be quite surprised.

I'm irritated by Detroit's success. For God's sake, can't they even do the decent thing and struggle through a period of rebuilding like everybody else?? :angry:

Let them win now and struggle next year when their success will matter a whole lot more with them in the division.