Words from the development camp

JoeLassister

Didn't know where to post this, but I just talked to a good friend of mine who attended the 60 minutes game today in Brossard.

He's a more than regular prospects follower (read all pre-draft Commandant's posts, he says good job by the way)

Some of his impressions :

Beaulieu and Tinordi : Clearly above the other dmen. Showed that they've already played pro.

McCarron : not that physical today, but clearly a monster. Played with a full face cage because he received a shot in the face yesterday or the day before.

Collberg : Stood out for his all around game. One of the best forwards out there.

Nystrom : amazing chemistry with Colberg and Duffy. They owned the game. My friend was very impressed by Nystrom.

Duffy : very impressive performance in this game. scored 3 goals + an assist.

Fucale : Not that good of a game, allowed some goals during the game + some during the shootout.

Leblanc : regular game, scored a goal, was a bit pushed around with the puck by bigger guys. Wasn't trying to over perform.

Bournival : same as Leblanc. Good energy guy.

Hanley : clearly not as good as the rest of the group.

Reway : Easily the one who impressed my friend the most due to where he was drafted, his age, etc. Created a lot and showed some good things on the ice.

Nygren and De la Rose were not dressed.

I don't remember all the he said, but here are some of his toughts. Take it for what it worths, it was only one game.

Thanks for posting. For those who are looking for more stuff on the development camp, I posted several links today with tidbits on certain prospects.

From what I've been reading over the past week, Mac Bennett has stood out (and not for delivering the shot that had McCarron wearing a cage), he has bulked up and is still one of, if not the best skater in the organization. A few other thoughts that I recall reading:

Mike Condon got better as the week went along - I'm hopeful that he gets a chance to play in Hamilton but I fear for him to do so, they'd have to move Tokarski (and I don't want them to).

Collberg and Thomas seemed to be in a league of their own when it came to their shot.

Brady Shaw and Greg Pateryn were the most physical; Shaw has some significant skating flaws though.

Nice to see Weber and St Denis picked up by other teams, clearing the way for Pateryn/Beaulieu/Tinordi to fight for 6th-7th d-man (till Yemelin comes back).

• 2 weeks later...

yeah a Steckel but one who can skate.

Yup, you can't have a Steckel on a line with a Parros.... if one winger is a liability, that Centre better be able to skate.

The Leafs quickly learned this when playing steckel with orr and mclaren, and thats why it eventually became mclement's job and Steckel was gone.

• 2 weeks later...