Habs vs Oilers, Oct. 22 7:30 pm

Neech

Guest Stogey24

Well I know it would make for a long year but should the Habs lose 14 of their next 20 it wouldn't be the end of the world.

This organization could clearly use some more high end talent.

Why even say that?

Plex with the great check. On Markov

Mental focus since the end of the first is abysmal. Too many silly mistakes, missed passes, poor pass receptions, etc. Overconfidence is a bad thing.

Better to finish last than 9th.

The injuries are piling up already and I've got a bad feeling.

I'm usually a pretty positive guy but this feels like 2 years ago.

I'm thinking along the same lines at this point.

Yeah it's still early but a month of bad hockey (that I'm guessing we're looking at) means an 8th place finish at best.

Yes that's the way I feel.

And honestly I'd actually prefer 16th to 8th.

I'm surprised it took three full weeks to predict a lottery pick.

I'm not predicting one. I just hope for one over middle of the pack garbage.

Er, it's a loss, not a death (even though it might feel that way). We're a desperately hurt team and with a little health, I think we're quite *good.* Let's not get carried away here.

Be nice if the NHL sweetened the lottery pick pot by allowing lottery pick teams a bonus contract buyout too. I can dream of being rid of a DD or Briere type contract, can't I?

Be nice if the NHL sweetened the lottery pick pot by allowing lottery pick teams a bonus contract buyout too. I can dream of being rid of a DD or Briere type contract, can't I?

Who knows maybe Briere goes perma IR like Pronger.

I don't, a repeat of 2011 is 82 non entertaining games (7 months) that might get us an impact player three years from now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gagne signed or a trade in the next few days. This team isn't good enough to make the playoffs with 5-6 bad weeks.

A bad year this year, then a slow start next year means Therrien and Bergevin are out of jobs.

Er, it's a loss, not a death (even though it might feel that way). We're a desperately hurt team and with a little health, I think we're quite *good.* Let's not get carried away here.

Yup. We're a good team with lots of upside. We should at least take some time and put on the lifejackets before we jump overboard. :nuts:

Yup. We're a good team with lots of upside. We should at least take some time and put on the lifejackets before we jump overboard. :nuts:

Love the optimism, maybe RDS is on a two hour tape delay. To clue you in, we just let up 4 unanswered goals to the worst franchise in the last ten years. All of the Hamilton boys were non factors to boot.

This game was :D

But then it turned :(

It was pretty wide-open, but the Oilers managed to bury more of their chances. I don't think we were badly outplayed, but we didn't do enough to deserve to win either. Price's bobble led to the winning goal, and it's clear that we can't afford to give up ones like that.