Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Eller/Gallagher/Plekanec (5)
A P.K. Subban (9)
PTS P.K. Subban (11)
+/- Andrei Markov (+9)
PIMS George Parros (20)
Injuries: D. Drewiske, A. Emelin, D. Murray, G. Parros, M. Pacioretty, D. Briere, B. Prust
Scratches: Greg Pateryn*

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Too bad Pateryn hadn't stayed in Hamilton for the 3 games this weekend, do they need to have an extra d-man in pressbox? Not an issue if a vet or a Drewiski-type but to sit a prospect there seems a waste?

Beaulieu seems to be doing well in his 11minutes/game and hope he dresses several more consecutive games.

Markov @ almost 25minutes/game and leading team with a +9. He and Subban are a pretty solid pairing to say the least.

Habs are now 12th in faceoffs, much better.

San Jose is filling the net with 4 goals and 39 shots/game, so Price will have his hands full today. I think will be a very entertaining game.

Lets get on them early, and keep the pedal to the metal. This is a big game for the younger players, if they can beat these guys then that will say a lot. Speed is key. no giveaways, stay out of the sin bin Mr Subban. :gohabsgo:

Lets get on them early, and keep the pedal to the metal. This is a big game for the younger players, if they can beat these guys then that will say a lot. Speed is key. no giveaways, stay out of the sin bin Mr Subban. :gohabsgo:

Agree, but doubt Subban will ever have a low penalty total with the way he plays the game and even though he takes more than most, he is the NHLs top scoring d-man, so I am fine with 8 minor penalties in first 10 games.

Too bad Pateryn hadn't stayed in Hamilton for the 3 games this weekend, do they need to have an extra d-man in pressbox? Not an issue if a vet or a Drewiski-type but to sit a prospect there seems a waste?

They want one extra body in case someone gets hurt at practice or in the warmup. It's better to carry a d-man in those instances, If a forward goes down, you go 7/11 as the Habs have in the past; if your reserve is a forward and a d-man goes down, you're going with 5/13 which is far less ideal.

Niemi is the confirmed starter for tonight, their backup Stalock goes tomorrow...lucky Ottawa (who just faced Anaheim's backup last night after Hiller went against Montreal).

Price is going to have to be on his game big time. If we finish within 10 shots of the Sharks it has to be considered a partial success, they just outshot the Bruins 39-17 in Boston.

They're outshooting their opponents by an average of 15.5 shots per game. To put that in perspective, the highest margin last year was around 4.5 per game. I know it's a small sample size (only 10 games) but that is really impressive.

They're outshooting their opponents by an average of 15.5 shots per game. To put that in perspective, the highest margin last year was around 4.5 per game. I know it's a small sample size (only 10 games) but that is really impressive.

This is going to be a long night for Raphael Diaz.

Go Habs Go! We need another solid performance plus a bit more from the strugglers to get a win tonight!

Anyone want to predict shots on goal tonight?

Think the Habs will have half as many?

Yeah I think they'll get a little more than half as many shots as the Sharks. With the Habs having the last change, I think they'll try to play a tight defensive game.

Beaulieu seems to be doing well in his 11minutes/game and hope he dresses several more consecutive games.

Markov @ almost 25minutes/game and leading team with a +9. He and Subban are a pretty solid pairing to say the least.

Habs are now 12th in faceoffs, much better.

San Jose is filling the net with 4 goals and 39 shots/game, so Price will have his hands full today. I think will be a very entertaining game.

I think the Pateryn move back to Hamilton was insurance because they must have at least one defenceman who's playing hurt but not where it's an official injury. My guess would be Josh Gorges.

I'm glad to see Bournival get a shift on the last PK. His speed and tenacity are good tools for that role.

When Desharnais skates into the offensive zone 1-1, he should *never* go along the boards. When he does he gets rubbed out and turns over the puck *EVERY* time! :wall:

The guy should watch some video of Koivu when he played in Montreal in that same situation. Half of the time he would stop sharp then curl back to look for someone to pass to, or take the shot. DD is too predictable.

What a surprise! Don Cherry is defending John Scott. :thumbs_down:

He wasn't defending the hit, but he made an excellent point about player usage, especially with the big boys. They have to be used in a worthwhile way, if they don't get into a fight, they have to justify their existence, and stuff like this happens. I had a field day baiting my Boston friends over this hit. Screw those clowns and their 911 shirts.