Oct. 29, Stars vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Not just the Houle years. The problem started with Savard trading away or letting a bunch if dmen leave at once - Robinson, green , Ludwig, Chelios.

The worst was the Chelios deal. IMO, this was as bad as the Roy deal. He then followed that up by trading Carbo after he gave the bird to some photographers. Untolerable behaviour for a habs captain.

I guess that's what happens when you combine a fanbase traumatized by the Houle years with a rapid media looking for any possible opening in which to manufacture "controversy." Insane in the membrane.

Trading PK is an Houle move. There is almost no conceivable return that would bring back value comparable to, or superior to, what we'd be giving up. I can't think of a FW I'd want back for PK, because a defenceman is always more valuable than a forward. We are set in goal. And no defenceman out there is better than PK. Under no scenario does this make any sense, unless Subban wants out - and why would he, given that he's in a perfect market for his outsized ego? It's just crazy.

Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins for PK

Morin & B Schenn for PK

Toews & Saad for PK

So are options that Bergevin would consider, unrealistic but some team may offer a lot? 0.1% chance he is gong anywhere, but who knows, GMs can make some odd choices? And as they say, if #99 can get traded...

Wayne Gretzky getting traded was a stupid move on Edmonton's part. Same to the Mark Messier trade.

Quebec traded Eric Lindros before he played a single game and it was smart only because they were forced to take Philadelphia's package over the weaker New York Rangers package and the Flyers package included Peter Forsberg.

Pittsburgh trading Jagr was dumb, Winnipeg trading Selanne was dumb, Montreal trading Roy was dumb, I can continue...

When a player is a certain calibre, it's up to your drafting to ever replace that player. You rarely get a replacement through the pieces coming back.

Morin & B Schenn for PK

Toews & Saad for PK

So are options that Bergevin would consider, unrealistic but some team may offer a lot? 0.1% chance he is gong anywhere, but who knows, GMs can make some odd choices? And as they say, if #99 can get traded...

I would reject Morin & B. Schenn in a heartbeat. there is no guarantee that Morin will pan out + B. Schenn would not even be on our top line. This is definitely and easily the weakest of these 3 packages.

I think MB should reject any package that does not include a solid but downgrade over Subban #1 dman.

Morin & B Schenn for PK

Toews & Saad for PK

The Toews deal is the only one I'd conisder. NO way I'd move PK for a package that includes Nugent-Hopkins or for unproven flyers.

The Toews deal is the only one I'd conisder. NO way I'd move PK for a package that includes Nugent-Hopkins or for unproven flyers.

But irrelevent as Oilers nor Habs are doing that deal and Toews aint going anywhere!

All i was trying to point out is that, there are deals that can be made for Subban. If you would prefer Toews & Kane for PK, there you go, a deal Bergevin would do (not realistic but)

I think Eberle is easily best OIler and Hopkins i also like very much and I would make that deal in a second, but again it aint happening cept in fantasyland.

I guess that's what happens when you combine a fanbase traumatized by the Houle years with a rapid media looking for any possible opening in which to manufacture "controversy." Insane in the membrane.

Yep. I remember the car ride with my dad when I was in short pants when we heard Roy was traded. Then the revolving Captaincy and the diminishing returns. Then Oleg Petrov and the Full Breezer. I'm happy I rode out that era in my childhood, or I wouldn't have a voice right now.

Morin & B Schenn for PK

Toews & Saad for PK

Or history repeats itself!

C. Giroux for PK Subban

The fix is on..Vegas wins and Houde/Le Antichambre maintain control of the CH!

Bergevin would be nuts to trade PK, speaking of it makes my skin crawl. You give him what he wants this summer because he earned it, and you sacrifice re-signing some players this summer to make it happen.

my 2 cents.

Trading PK is an Houle move. There is almost no conceivable return that would bring back value comparable to, or superior to, what we'd be giving up. I can't think of a FW I'd want back for PK, because a defenceman is always more valuable than a forward. We are set in goal. And no defenceman out there is better than PK. Under no scenario does this make any sense, unless Subban wants out - and why would he, given that he's in a perfect market for his outsized ego? It's just crazy.

I agree.

Wait, eh ... we have a generational talent who occassionally rubs people the wrong way and seems egotistical at times. Uh, yeah, I know how to sovle that: lets trade our best young D who has the potential to dominate for years-- if not a decade or more.

Then we can spend the next 20 years lamenting the bone headed move as we wallow in mediocrity and the teams we traded with win Cups. Oh wait, that's been done already?! Twice? Chelios* and Roy ??!!

Another trade like those two and I may have to renounce the habs :wall::surrender:

* Yes, I know Chelios didn't win the Cup with Chicago, but they made the finals in '92 and he did win the Norris again after that and Cups with Detroit

I agree.

Wait, eh ... we have a generational talent who occassionally rubs people the wrong way and seems egotistical at times. Uh, yeah, I know how to sovle that: lets trade our best young D who has the potential to dominate for years-- if not a decade or more.

Then we can spend the next 20 years lamenting the bone headed move as we wallow in mediocrity and the teams we traded with win Cups. Oh wait, that's been done already?! Twice? Chelios* and Roy ??!!

Another trade like those two and I may have to renounce the habs :wall::surrender:

* Yes, I know Chelios didn't win the Cup with Chicago, but they made the finals in '92 and he did win the Norris again after that and Cups with Detroit

I thought I recently heard Chelios has since said, he wanted out of Montreal at the time, due to constant criticism and team leadership set-up? So was either trade or lose him and was going leave one way or other.

I thought I recently heard Chelios has since said, he wanted out of Montreal at the time, due to constant criticism and team leadership set-up? So was either trade or lose him and was going leave one way or other.

I heard there was a lot of teammate wife-sleeping at that time. LOL