Nov. 19, Minnesota vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Yeah, how dare Therrien treat him like a bona-fide NHLer and move his wingers around :monkey: Great to have chemistry, but come on.

Pacioretty is a bunches scorer. I don't know why people don't look at his previous history. He's 25, he does have a past career. When Pacioretty gets injured it takes a while for him to start up. He has a tendency to show doughnuts on the scoresheet for some games and then score two goals with an assist the next. He ain't the type of player you can expect to put a point on the board every single night. He's more about exploding. His play this season is by no means unique to previous seasons.

Prior to his injury, Pacioretty looked fine with Eller. Three points in five games? That isn't indicative of a slump or anything. Returning with one point in eight games? After his appendectomy last season, he had two points in six games and it took him eight games to score a goal. Again, this isn't new for Pacioretty but it's being treated as such. No idea why. Probably because DD was slumping too.

In his post-game interview, Desharnais made some rather pointed remarks about how he and Patches have had their greatest success together and that it's been a while that they've been split up.

So he can only play with Patches? How the hell did he make it to the NHL? Even Brett Hull and Oates got split up. So we have them trade them both to the same team? The Sedins have been split up for crying out load. This guy needs a pointed thing poked up his a$$. Learn to play with the guys you are given.

Pacioretty is a bunches scorer. I don't know why people don't look at his previous history. He's 25, he does have a past career. When Pacioretty gets injured it takes a while for him to start up. He has a tendency to show doughnuts on the scoresheet for some games and then score two goals with an assist the next. He ain't the type of player you can expect to put a point on the board every single night. He's more about exploding. His play this season is by no means unique to previous seasons.

Prior to his injury, Pacioretty looked fine with Eller. Three points in five games? That isn't indicative of a slump or anything. Returning with one point in eight games? After his appendectomy last season, he had two points in six games and it took him eight games to score a goal. Again, this isn't new for Pacioretty but it's being treated as such. No idea why. Probably because DD was slumping too.

I was referring to Desharnais's remark about being best with Pacioretty, not Patches himself. Nobody doubts what you're saying about MaxPac. What I was saying is that Desharnais has to be able to play with other NHL wingers, and his implying that he can't be expected to succeed without #67 is ridiculous.

I was referring to Desharnais's remark about being best with Pacioretty, not Patches himself. Nobody doubts what you're saying about MaxPac. What I was saying is that Desharnais has to be able to play with other NHL wingers, and his implying that he can't be expected to succeed without #67 is ridiculous.

Desharnais nickname in the room is "Bozie."

I think if they string a few wins together with this lineup, Bourque goes up on the block. Someone is expendable on this team, it might be Bourque. I don't see the point in someone taking Ryan White's spot on the fourth line for 7 minutes a game to keep another top 9 player. Trade Bourque for a prospect or a 2nd rounder.

Move Prust down the the 4th, where he should be, and have Bourque play RW with Eller and Galchenyuk.

The only forwards on the team with more hits than Bourque so far this season are Eller, White and Bournival. Why take his physicality out of our top 9? Why make this team even smaller?

Move Prust down the the 4th, where he should be, and have Bourque play RW with Eller and Galchenyuk.

The only forwards on the team with more hits than Bourque so far this season are Eller, White and Bournival. Why take his physicality out of our top 9? Why make this team even smaller?

I'll move up Bournival and trade Bourque. There's too many players. Bourque is big, but he averages less than a hit a hit a game. I would take Andrei Kostitsyn over him any day, but I know only me and Habs29retired agree on that.

Here's a question (with an obvious choice for me) but, let's jus say (and pray) Desharnais just somewhat found his game and mangoes to put up ~40 points this season (I know optimistic). But what does Bergevin do with Desharnais then?

He should trade him IMO while he has some small glimmer of a tradeable contract. Our top 9 just does not need Desharnais in the middle. Basic point of the question is, should we trade him the moment his contract is tradeable again?

Here's a question (with an obvious choice for me) but, let's jus say (and pray) Desharnais just somewhat found his game and mangoes to put up ~40 points this season (I know optimistic). But what does Bergevin do with Desharnais then?

He should trade him IMO while he has some small glimmer of a tradeable contract. Our top 9 just does not need Desharnais in the middle. Basic point of the question is, should we trade him the moment his contract is tradeable again?

I think most people would say "yes." Stick Briere in his place (the perfect placeholder until Galy is ready to assume duties at C) and then see if you can't put the cap savings toward a top-9 forward with some size and skill.

So he can only play with Patches? How the hell did he make it to the NHL? Even Brett Hull and Oates got split up. So we have them trade them both to the same team? The Sedins have been split up for crying out load. This guy needs a pointed thing poked up his a$$. Learn to play with the guys you are given.

Yeah, his tone was strange, it seemed sort of like "see, we should have been playing together all along".

Yeah, we kind of need to trade him. Lord knows why we signed Briere, but they make each other redundant, and it might be that we're stuck with them both through next year. But if Desharnais puts up the numbers he was pre-signing, then he's a decent secondary scoring option with a good cap hit, and should be tradeable.

Desharnais nickname in the room is "Bozie."

Bozie? really why cause it rhymes with dosey? Well i like Bosie but he has to contribute and play well on any line he is put on. Ala Gallagher. You make the players around you better. You can't wait till you get put on a line with your buddy. Patches will play well whoever you put him with. Anyway I hope"Bozie" gets his head straightened out and plays some good hockey for us. He has the skill, lets see him use it. Then we can all get off his case and cheer for him.

I'll move up Bournival and trade Bourque. There's too many players. Bourque is big, but he averages less than a hit a hit a game. I would take Andrei Kostitsyn over him any day, but I know only me and Habs29retired agree on that.

A line of Bournival, Prust and Moen will feed on other teams 4th lines.

And Bourque is a little over a hit per game this season. You know who has the lowest # of hits this season among forwards? Desharnais. He has 4 hits in 20 games.

Bourque may not be producing points like he should, but at least he isn't useless when the points aren't there. And I'm not against trading him... I just don't see why we'd trade someone who is filling a need when there are others who are dragging the team down.

I agree, Bourque does fill a need, and was arguably our best player in the playoffs last year, I know.... not saying much there. He is an upgrade on Briere or DD most nights, with a more complete game, but less finish maybe, and his physicality, or lack thereof this year may indicate he is playing injured. I also think that White is an upgrade over 20% of our forwards, but never seems to get the chance to stay in the line up and get some momentum, DD is given 500% the chances that White is, and Patches will score with or without DD. Bourque and White are both playoff type players we need in the grind time, we all call for a bigger team, but MT fails to use an improved(smarter) White consistently. I really think White would have 3 points too this year, playing with Max every second game. Bournival definitely needs to play in our top 6 or 9 at least, he has earned his spot through producing, much like Gallagher has, you can't argue that he brings energy and some scoring touch, something that Plec and Gionta could benefit from.....No way I play him on 4th line. Just my two useless cents....

Bozie? really why cause it rhymes with dosey? Well i like Bosie but he has to contribute and play well on any line he is put on. Ala Gallagher. You make the players around you better. You can't wait till you get put on a line with your buddy. Patches will play well whoever you put him with. Anyway I hope"Bozie" gets his head straightened out and plays some good hockey for us. He has the skill, lets see him use it. Then we can all get off his case and cheer for him.

I think that's a Tyler Bozak joke.

LOL. Tyler Bozak's nickname in Toronto is "Bozie."