2014 NHL Draft

Commandant

We all know we select 26/27/28 or 29. i know we got some really smart dudes on here. Is anyone here bold enough to predict our initial pick?

I'll do my annual predictions closer to the draft but I haven't looked enough at the prospects yet to make any sort of educated guess. If Goldobin slips, I think he'd be on the radar but I'm not sure he'll slip.

I have 5 or 6 guys i am looking at, and MacInnis is certainly on that short list. ISS has him at 22. I think he gets picked ahead of Goldobin.

And who are the 5-6?

I am stuck on Glover/Dougherty or maybe Schmaltz/Scherbak @26-27th.

I have 5 or 6 guys i am looking at, and MacInnis is certainly on that short list. ISS has him at 22. I think he gets picked ahead of Goldobin.

22 is crazy.... seriously crazy..... MacInnis is only slightly better than where I had McCarron last year. If we take him in the first round, I'll be upset.

Size isn't everything.... he's got issues skating. He didn't step up when given the role of top 6 centre when Faksa left.

He'd be lower but this draft is weak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calgary native Brayden Point of Moose Jaw is my #44

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/05/19/2014-nhl-draft-profile-44-brayden-point/

22 is crazy.... seriously crazy..... MacInnis is only slightly better than where I had McCarron last year. If we take him in the first round, I'll be upset.

Size isn't everything.... he's got issues skating. He didn't step up when given the role of top 6 centre when Faksa left.

He'd be lower but this draft is weak.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. I too think the first rounders stop in the teens. so really what we are drafting is second rounders. i would be quite happy to trade down to get an extra pick. Where have you got Axel Holmstrom?

I wasn't being sarcastic, was just curious which others you meant?

I just give commandant another one. As i said to him we are really drafting second rounders. So if we got three instead of two of the ones mentioned ,including your defenseman, and I would throw Donato and Pettersson i think we would be farther ahead.

I just give commandant another one. As i said to him we are really drafting second rounders. So if we got three instead of two of the ones mentioned ,including your defenseman, and I would throw Donato and Pettersson i think we would be farther ahead.

I think trading down is a definite option; but, just dont know what 26th pick would give you in return, maybe replace the 2nd this year and maybe a 2nd in 2015, at best? Or maybe 2nd/3rd and agree 35th pick and 26th pick likely just a difference of opinion and quality relatively equal.

I think trading down is a definite option; but, just dont know what 26th pick would give you in return, maybe replace the 2nd this year and maybe a 2nd in 2015, at best? Or maybe 2nd/3rd and agree 35th pick and 26th pick likely just a difference of opinion and quality relatively equal.

Your probably right. Just on another tract, given the Russian factor, when do you think it is safe to take one?

Your probably right. Just on another tract, given the Russian factor, when do you think it is safe to take one?

Maybe never can be totally sure with KHL being a solid option for prospects?

But, Scherbak led WHL in scoring for rookies and I feel if still available when Habs are picking, he would be a good skilled option for sure.

Will find out in a month who Timmins et al likes best.