Canada vs Latvia 12:00pm

Guest Stogey24

Guest Stogey24

Bored at work and figured having price in net makes these games worthy of a thread. Hopefully that's OK.

Chris Kunitz-Sidney Crosby-Patrice Bergeron

Jamie Benn-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry

Patrick Sharp-Jonathan Toew- Jeff Carter

Patrick Marleau-John Tavares-Rick Nash

Martin St. Louis

Duncan Keith-Shea Weber

Marc-Edouard Vlasic-Drew Doughty

Jay Bouwmeester-Alex Pietrangelo

Dan Hamhuis

CAREY PRICE

Guest Stogey24

Will have to watch replay of game, but imagine will be pretty much over early.

Hope Price can get shutout.

Canada should run them over. I would be surprised if Latvia gets one.

Duchene and Subban scratched....

I expected Subban, not surprised they are still idiots, but Duchene too?

Why are we scratching the fastest skater amongst the forwards and on D too, on big ice? And playing our least talented wingers with Crosby.

Look, Kunitz is here because he plays on Crosby's team, he's easily the least talented forward.

Bergeron's role on this team should be penalty kill, 4th line centre, key faceoffs... not playing RW on the top line. He's a second liner for the Bruins and he's top line on Team Canada. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy on the team, but in a role, not on the first line.

I don't care that he once had chemistry with Crosby. That was 9 years ago, at a a Junior Tournament FFS.

I'm not worried about this game, but I fear the same lineup in the semis.

Tavares on the fourth line.

Kunitz on the top line.

Duchene on the bench.

Subban on the bench.

St. Louis as an extra forward.

Pickle on the second pairing.

I'm all for Canada getting eliminated sooner than later. The way they've handled this team, they don't deserve it. Repeat of 2006 please. Canada needs a good humbling.

How moronic do you have to be not to put Tavares and Crosby together? It'd feel like Canada Cup 87.

I can't wait to see this lineup against the USA in the semis. You have to love the line of thinking that has Patrice Bergeron as a first liner, and John Tavares as a fourth liner. Maybe Babcock will put Dan Hamhuis on Crosby's wing.

USA-Sweden Final

3-2 Sweden

Book it.

I can't wait to see this lineup against the USA in the semis. You have to love the line of thinking that has Patrice Bergeron as a first liner, and John Tavares as a fourth liner. Maybe Babcock will put Dan Hamhuis on Crosby's wing.

USA-Sweden Final

3-2 Sweden

Book it.

I've been underestimating Sweden all tournament but man are they complete. Plus Lundqvist on his game is as good as any goalie out there.

Sweden winning would also be probably the most unexciting for everyone other than Swedes. Like when the Spurs would win NBA Titles.

Guest Stogey24

Duchene and Subban scratched....

I expected Subban, not surprised they are still idiots, but Duchene too?

Why are we scratching the fastest skater amongst the forwards and on D too, on big ice? And playing our least talented wingers with Crosby.

Look, Kunitz is here because he plays on Crosby's team, he's easily the least talented forward.

Bergeron's role on this team should be penalty kill, 4th line centre, key faceoffs... not playing RW on the top line. He's a second liner for the Bruins and he's top line on Team Canada. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy on the team, but in a role, not on the first line.

I don't care that he once had chemistry with Crosby. That was 9 years ago, at a a Junior Tournament FFS.

Speed kills on the big ice which is why benching duchene is a mistake. Micheal Grabbner has played great this tournament because he's fast as hell.

Babcock keeps playing this cycle game in the offensive zone and gets nowhere. You can't play that style of hockey on the big ice

I agree with pretty much all the complaints in this thread (I won't go so far as to hope for Canada's elimination, though).

Babcock and co. seem to have really disappeared down the rabbit hole with all their over-thinking and strategizing.

Exactly the way I feel. I hope they lose 1-0 and Price stands on his head.

Tavares on the fourth line.

Kunitz on the top line.

Duchene on the bench.

Subban on the bench.

St. Louis as an extra forward.

Pickle on the second pairing.

I'm all for Canada getting eliminated sooner than later. The way they've handled this team, they don't deserve it. Repeat of 2006 please. Canada needs a good humbling.

How moronic do you have to be not to put Tavares and Crosby together? It'd feel like Canada Cup 87.

Speed kills on the big ice which is why benching duchene is a mistake. Micheal Grabbner has played great this tournament because he's fast as hell.

Babcock keeps playing this cycle game in the offensive zone and gets nowhere. You can't play that style of hockey on the big ice

The game on the big ice seems to be a different animal altogether. I definitely don't want to see the NHL go to big ice. If Russia can't score, can you imagine watching Habs v Buffalo four times a year?

Yes.

Canada outshot but hardly dominated the period. Sneaky line change by the Latvians led to a breakaway goal for them. No fault on Price, the guy faked a slap shot and deked him.

This game scares the crap out of me. We have no business losing this game but as many have already mentioned the overthinking by the Canadian brass is gonna end up biting them in the behind.

Swedes and Americans have looked so much better than us it's not even funny.

Some guy named Pavlov won a faceoff against Bergeron.

The Latvians are just cutting out the passing lanes and confronting the Canadians every time they have the puck. It's like they are an All-Star team so they assume they deserve room.

Crosby can't do anything with Bergeron and Kunitz but the coaching staff does nothing.

Sandis Ozolinsh looks like he could still play in the NHL and is looking like a far better leader than anyone on Canada. He's never sitting down, always shouting encouragement to the players.

All-Star team with mediocre coaching vs. Mediocre team with All-Star coaching. It's a fair game folks.

It would be a great option, but MT still trumps Nolan since Nolan isn't French.

Fire Therrien, Hire Nolan.

He's turning an average team into world beaters.

The Latvians are so well coached.

We've known before every game that our opponent is going to play the neutral zone trap.

How do you beat the trap? SPEED SPEED SPEED. Quick transitions through the neutral zone.

So we sit our fastest forward (Duchene) and a Dman with great skating and passing in the transition game (PK), to play a slow Kunitz, and Vlasic.

Babcock is ing this up.

This game probably gave a million Canadians high blood pressure. What's amazing is we legitimately could have lost without a few key saves from price. Yes he let in a breakaway goal, but he kept 3 or four great chances out too.

I reeeeally hope they put subban in next game. They need the offence, not the defence.

Guest Stogey24

This is looking more and more like 2006. It doesn't bode well that we had more trouble with Latvia than the US had with the Czechs.

Canada crushed Latvia in every possible way except the score sheet. Latvia's goalie had to get medial attention because of all the shots he took.