May 22, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

Well, this could be one of those rare instances where there were more suspendable plays than goals in the 1st. The slash from Carcillo is certainly a possibility and I have to think Prust's late hit will draw one as well.

I'm not a big fan of Subban tonight. He got away with a slewfoot, a surefire roughing penalty when he punched a Ranger to the ice (similar to his dumb roughing penalty in Game 2), his defensive coverage in transition has been lousy leading to some of the two-on-ones, while his weak attempt at a shot led to the two-on-one that led to the goal. He needs to be a little more focused and run around a little less.

On the plus side, they're only down 1 despite how poorly they played (as many giveaways as shots). I expect they'll make a few adjustments and be better in the 2nd.

Vanek wasn't going to sign here anyway, but he has made a good case to not want him.

I was reading a commentator yesterday who said that Vanek might be playing with an upper body injury that they don't want the other teams to know about. I'd like to think that its true for Vanek's sake.

Markov to the rescue.

Finally!! Now lets get Galchenyuk of Pleks line and get some more goals!!!

Terrific shot, beat Lundqvist clean.

Now .. one more would really help our legs....

Domenic Moore has been fantastic for NY just as he was terrific for us a couple of years ago.

Tokarski just saved our asp again.

It's pretty sad that aside from the start of each game, this is the first time the habs have been even once a goal has been scored.

I really do think we are just right out of gas; no recriminations.. just left it all over Boston. Hehehehehe.....

Great save.... But the turnovers are killing them.

yeah, but at least the guys should get some confidence that the kid is capable of making the big save when needed.

I can't believe how many bad moves we make in our own end.. weird ship.. that I wouldn't do. Tossing it right to a blueshirt. Maybe totally bagged.

Really impressed with Tokarski.. just great.

Wouldn't a goal be sweeeeeet.. right about now...

WTF is Bourque on the PP for??? Play friggin Eller or Galchenyuk!!

Get Galchenyuk off that line!!!

This is what has frustrated me about MT. Clearly something is not working. Keep trying. I wonder if he knows the definition of insanity?

The crazy thing is that the Rags should win it.. but anything can happen.

Gallgher gets a SOB penalty on THAT!!!!!

That is pure bullshit.