May 25, Montreal vs New York, 8 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorges needs to be traded. The guy is a bowling pin

Gorges has been terrific I think. No 3 in the NHL blocking shots? Character guy. I trust him a tonne.

Guest Stogey24

Gorges has been terrific I think. No 3 in the NHL blocking shots? Character guy. I trust him a tonne.

He needs to be a number 5-6 d-man.

looks like we've had about one minute of puck posession time this period.

Nice to see Vanek in tight.. hope he's in better shape.

how can we blow THREE PP chances in the first 10 minutes??? Seriously, don't the practice???

we really could have used Beaulieu on the PP rather than emelin. Hated that lineup change.

Can we PLEASE get Galchenyuk off of the Gionta-Pleks line??? Give those two Weisse and have Galchenyuk play with eller and Vanek. If we want to get Vanek going, he needs to be with creative players.

They're looking good to be down 1-0.

Apart from the inept early PP, they actually look OK. But Lundqvist is not giving up many rebounds, so it won't be easy getting the puck behind him.

Good road period.

are we watching the same game?? I have scoring chances around 7-2 for the Rangers and we blow 3 PP chances without a real scoring opportinuty AND gave up a short handed goal.

we really could have used Beaulieu on the PP rather than emelin. Hated that lineup change.

If Yemelin is not back for the 2nd, we'll definitely have a PP change. But I'd much rather have him on PP than lose him to an injury.

Apart from the inept early PP, they actually look OK. But Lundqvist is not giving up many rebounds, so it won't be easy getting the puck behind him.

Well with Gionta taking a crap shots from the point, Lundquist really has a pretty easy go of it!

with all the talk about vanek not scoring, when was the last time the captain scored???

Good road period.

Ya know .. you're probably right... meanwhile the Dork Cherry is on about men in suits. Gimme a freekin break.

Well with Gionta taking a crap shots from the point, Lundquist really has a pretty easy go of it!

with all the talk about vanek not scoring, when was the last time the captain scored???

I think it was said he scored 9 games ago?

Edit: or 13?

If Yemelin is not back for the 2nd, we'll definitely have a PP change. But I'd much rather have him on PP than lose him to an injury.

Emelin came back before the end of the period so it looks like they'll be back to 6 D. Whether he can play regular minutes or not is still unknown though so they may modify the PP to rest him a bit there.

I didn't mind the second half of the period. Once the powerplays were done, they looked a lot better 5-on-5.

Subban played over 12 minutes in the 1st. That needs to change, he can't handle that many minutes, no d-man can.

I think it was said he scored 9 games ago?

Edit: or 13?

It must be 13. i don't remember him scoring since the tampa series.

He scored in Game 1 vs Tampa, that's it for the goal column.

that's what i figured. I really think they should just make the pleks line a total shutdown line. Put Weisse with pleks and gionta so he brings some speed to that line.

they really need to get Galchenyuk off that line and playing him and Vanek with Eller, should really give the offence a big boast.

so once again, our shut down line hemmed in and we take a penalty.

Galchenyuk the first hab to carry the friggin puck in o the PP. Nice to see him playing with Briere rather than Pleks!

how is that not a FRIGGIN Penalty!!!!???????