Oct. 18, Avs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Pretty great post, I agree with every word.... Mike and George are A ok.5-1 and I don't care really how we got there...First post in this thread was from Stogey, went something like "Subban needs a big game"U psychic dude U!

He was due for sure. Subban was saying after the game how if he wants to be a leader he can't be taking dumb penalties.

Guest Stogey24

I think he and Weaver should play behind Bealieu. However the coach seems to like Gilbert . Had him on for the last minute with the goalie out protecting a one goal lead. Expect him to dress for the next game.

I actually thought Weaver would be a lot worse, can't really rag on him too much. Gilbert is such a coward. The guy fed Markov a pass so he wouldn't get hit and then Markov got run over. M.B talks about character players, I see none of that from Gilbert thus far.

Watched a replay. There was a play that Markov went down, got up and was cross checking McGinn instead of playing defence and it was Gilbert who helped save the play when the puck hit the cross bar. He also took the body to Iginla when needed at the end of the game.

Much better game from Eller.

Price was phenomenal.

Plekanec is making a great argument that yes, he's the number one center on the number one line. We know Pacioretty can be better but Galchenyuk is better right now and Parenteau is our best right wing. That's the top line folks until proven wrong.

I actually thought Weaver would be a lot worse, can't really rag on him too much. Gilbert is such a coward. The guy fed Markov a pass so he wouldn't get hit and then Markov got run over. M.B talks about character players, I see none of that from Gilbert thus far.

Cant and wont argue with that....Gilbert has shown us nothing worth writing home about. Gutless pass to Markov for sure.

Watched a replay. There was a play that Markov went down, got up and was cross checking McGinn instead of playing defence and it was Gilbert who helped save the play when the puck hit the cross bar. He also took the body to Iginla when needed at the end of the game.

Price was phenomenal.

Plekanec is making a great argument that yes, he's the number one center on the number one line. We know Pacioretty can be better but Galchenyuk is better right now and Parenteau is our best right wing. That's the top line folks until proven wrong.

"Markov was pi$$ed at McGinn for taking out his leg on a dangerous and cheap hit that that was the result of a suicide pass Markov received form Gilbert.

As was pointed out in another post Gilbert bailed on the play to aviod the hit and his partner had to take took it instead.

Price was phenomenal.

Might want to consider moving your number one center off Plekanics wing. If indeed your plan is to move Gally to center you have to split them up eventuallly. Ironically the constant line juggling seems to have stopped now that therrien likes the plekanic line. Been revolving door on his wings for two seasons.....just to name a few who played there with poor results.....Eller,Bourque,Gionta,Bournival, Ryder, Cole, Moen, Weiss, Gallagher, Vanek, ..............now finally the kid that was supposed to be a Canadiens center by now, is instead yet another winger on the Plekanic line. yay

I think he and Weaver should play behind Bealieu. However the coach seems to like Gilbert . Had him on for the last minute with the goalie out protecting a one goal lead. Expect him to dress for the next game.

MT is not an idiot. Not playing Gilbert after just a few games would be a bit tough to swallow for MB. Somehow, it's a question of survival.

Guest Stogey24

Price was phenomenal.

I think Gilbert will get better, but right now he's honestly awful. PJ stock was saying how Gilbert has a solid first pass out of the defensive zone, but he wont take a hit to make that pass. He'll just shovel the pass off to anyone close, even if they're covered

as soon as markov took the low hit, I thought please get up, please get up! then he struggled to get up, and hobbled a bit, and I thought oh shit its a knee..luckily he recovered and was back out there to play yet another good game. last night was the first time he wasn't our top defenseman. pk was such a welcome force..nice to see both of them playing well. the rest of the defense can only get better playing with these two. in a month from now, the habs will be dominant

MT is not an idiot. Not playing Gilbert after just a few games would be a bit tough to swallow for MB. Somehow, it's a question of survival.

MB signed Brierre to start last season. MT had brierre on the fourth line and healthy scratch before October was up.

MB signed Gilbert to start this season. I dont see a difference in what is "tough to swallow" for MB .......nor would scratching Gilbert make MT "an idiot"

as soon as markov took the low hit, I thought please get up, please get up! then he struggled to get up, and hobbled a bit, and I thought oh shit its a knee..luckily he recovered and was back out there to play yet another good game. last night was the first time he wasn't our top defenseman. pk was such a welcome force..nice to see both of them playing well. the rest of the defense can only get better playing with these two. in a month from now, the habs will be dominant

agreed. Also by next season and season after that, top four will be Markov, PK, Tiny, NB ............ with Price behind that top 4! NICE

I think Gilbert will get better, but right now he's honestly awful. PJ stock was saying how Gilbert has a solid first pass out of the defensive zone, but he wont take a hit to make that pass. He'll just shovel the pass off to anyone close, even if they're covered

PJ is bang on with that one.

She was awful...better be the last time she sings the anthems.

I HATE it when they turn NATIONAL anthems into PERSONAL expressions.

That's why most songs AREN'T national anthems. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sickening,. :1vomit:

Hey what happened to the website over the last couple of days. I couldn't get it on my computer in TO. ?

Everything stopped at Oct 14th for some reason though it accepted my new thread asking what happened?

Any ideas?

Loved the game.

hope you are right. 5-1 with Price just getting warmed up ......ya gotta think thats very promising.

I HATE it when they turn NATIONAL anthems into PERSONAL expressions.

That's why most songs AREN'T national anthems. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sickening,. :1vomit:

Hey what happened to the website over the last couple of days. I couldn't get it on my computer in TO. ?

Everything stopped at Oct 14th for some reason though it accepted my new thread asking what happened?

Any ideas?

Loved the game.

New server I believe.

Gilbert isn't going anywhere. Even Briere lasted on the top line for fifteen games or so, and only because he was a FA acquisition. If he was just anybody he would have been off that line in five games. Gilbert is doing much better than Briere. I can't say (besides Tampa) that any of the pairings have been a noticeable problem. No pairing has been great, but I haven't seen a red flag like the disatrous Murray-Subban pairing versus Washington. (I believe they lost 5-0 that game and had a players only meeting).

I think you will see a lot more of Moen than you guys want. He was one of the best defensive players on the team before he slid down the depth chart. With Gio and Gorges gone, there is a hole defensively. Whether it is a system issue, or a personel issue is yet to be seen, but if I am the coach, I keep Moen in this lineup. All three should be rotated.

Gilbert isn't going anywhere. Even Briere lasted on the top line for fifteen games or so, and only because he was a FA acquisition. If he was just anybody he would have been off that line in five games. Gilbert is doing much better than Briere. I can't say (besides Tampa) that any of the pairings have been a noticeable problem. No pairing has been great, but I haven't seen a red flag like the disatrous Murray-Subban pairing versus Washington. (I believe they lost 5-0 that game and had a players only meeting).

yea they also went 30 minutes without a shot on net that night........that was not all on pairing of Murray and PK obviously

Guest Stogey24

briere on top line for 15 games?