Bourque on waivers!

Meller93

Yeah, good post Jeff, I'm not a Leaf hating Hab fan, and I wish we did have such a sniper in our lineup, defensively inept or no...

Cant stand the Leafs and am even pulling for Bruins to blow them out tonight.

I didn't say I wouldn't be OK with Kessel as a Hab (Kovalev was exact same, but when he put up 80points, I was 85% in his corner), but if you think Kessel goes into corners, back checks, ever blocks a shot, plays PK, defends better than my grandmother could........not a frickin chance.

I'm imagining a world where Toronto trades Kessel to say Arizona and then Arizona trades him to Montreal the same day, so Kessel is pissed off playing against the Leafs. That'd be dreamy.

No, dreamy would be Cory Perry, Kessel I would curse 99% of time as useless, till he scores a couple.

How did Bourque go from 27goals scorer to total klutz with puck? Concussion cant be all of it, can it?

No, dreamy would be Cory Perry, Kessel I would curse 99% of time as useless, till he scores a couple.

How did Bourque go from 27goals scorer to total klutz with puck? Concussion cant be all of it, can it?

It sure can buddy....

Guest Stogey24

Confidence..... The guy lost it big time.

You sir are correct.Kessel is sniper, exactly what we need. Don't let the hatred for all things blue and white cloud your judgement guys.

I will never like cream-puff players (got zero to do with Leafs), if aint willing to take a hit to make a play, block a shot when needed, nor backcheck hard, wont get alot of respect from me. Dont care if are as skilled as Ovechkin, Kessel, Cammalleri, simply not "my kind of player" to root for.

I will never like cream-puff players (got zero to do with Leafs), if aint willing to take a hit to make a play, block a shot when needed, nor backcheck hard, wont get alot of respect from me. Dont care if are as skilled as Ovechkin, Kessel, Cammalleri, simply not "my kind of player" to root for.

Well sorry Don but the Rocket quit playing quite some time ago. So did Gordie. I remember a guy, Gretzky I think his name was, he liked to avoid getting hit and making the hitter look stoopid while he scored the goal or made the pass. I heard he was pretty good, but like you say not your type of player. :)

Gretzky rarely got hit. It wasn't because he shied away from contact, however. His vision was so extraordinary, that he seen the hits coming, and he was too quick, too smart and too agile to be hit solidly. I totally get your point though..but Gretzky is the wrong example, I think

Well sorry Don but the Rocket quit playing quite some time ago. So did Gordie. I remember a guy, Gretzky I think his name was, he liked to avoid getting hit and making the hitter look stoopid while he scored the goal or made the pass. I heard he was pretty good, but like you say not your type of player. :)

What 77 said!

I was never a fan of Gretzky, Coffey nor Kurri; but Messier (when with OIlers) yes!

Not a fan of Ovechkin, but no doubting he is one skilled player, but irrelevant and you will never see me wearing a Kessel jersey. ,

Lots of good forwards, like Perry, Datsyuk, Getzlaf , Benn, Duschene, Tavares, Backes, Bergeron, etc that I would prefer to see in a Hab jersey over a Jagr or the like.

What 77 said!

I was never a fan of Gretzky, Coffey nor Kurri; but Messier (when with OIlers) yes!

Not a fan of Ovechkin, but no doubting he is one skilled player, but irrelevant and you will never see me wearing a Kessel jersey. ,

Lots of good forwards, like Perry, Datsyuk, Getzlaf , Benn, Duschene, Tavares, Backes, Bergeron, etc that I would prefer to see in a Hab jersey over a Jagr or the like.

Still believe that the player we need is Rick Nash. I'd give a lot to get that big man on our team.

Still believe that the player we need is Rick Nash. I'd give a lot to get that big man on our team.

He refused to goto a Canadian team, remember?

Big guys are becoming very risky propositions. Ryane Clowe is injured and broken down. Nathan Horton is close to retirement. Bryan Bickell will likely be unloaded to the first team that says they will take him without sending any cap back. Ryan Malone and Rene Bourque are done. List goes on and on.

Big guys are becoming very risky propositions. Ryane Clowe is injured and broken down. Nathan Horton is close to retirement. Bryan Bickell will likely be unloaded to the first team that says they will take him without sending any cap back. Ryan Malone and Rene Bourque are done. List goes on and on.

Yeah. That sucks. he doesn't seem to appreciate being a superstar that much. But maybe a stint in the Big Apple would convince him to play here ;)

To be honest, Nash is way better than all the guys you listed there. I meant more "Big Top Line International Level Superstar" than Bickell or Malone...

What 77 said!

OH i would take Gretzky on any team I had. I like Messier too but everyone has a role on his team. Connor Mcdavid is a goal magician but he will be out of 6 weeks or so and that is just dumm. It is selfish and dumm. Kessel don't hit, don't fight, he just scores goals which in my twisted way thought that was the point of the game.

Gretzky was a hockey god. In his prime -- I don't care if it's a different league, faster, bigger -- he might not have put up 216 or 92 goals, but he'd still have put up 170 and 75 goals. Was he a great backchecker? No, but you don't need to be when you hold the puck in the other team's end 80% of the time. Nobody ever has -- and I doubt anybody ever will -- compare to Gretzky's sheer hockey IQ. He was bloody brilliant.

Cant stand the Leafs and am even pulling for Bruins to blow them out tonight.

I didn't say I wouldn't be OK with Kessel as a Hab (Kovalev was exact same, but when he put up 80points, I was 85% in his corner), but if you think Kessel goes into corners, back checks, ever blocks a shot, plays PK, defends better than my grandmother could........not a frickin chance.

lol ..... i also pull for bruins when they play the loafs

another reason the hate the loafs is they force me to actually pull for the bruins four times a year

loved the loafs play off choke against the B's two yeas ago.......... torontos only play off series in last ten years and they set a new standard for the ultimate choke :wall:

OH i would take Gretzky on any team I had. I like Messier too but everyone has a role on his team. Connor Mcdavid is a goal magician but he will be out of 6 weeks or so and that is just dumm. It is selfish and dumm. Kessel don't hit, don't fight, he just scores goals which in my twisted way thought that was the point of the game.

not twisted...... narrow view, yes....but not twisted

list of big guys that are healthy is a lot longe...and nash is on it

Ha ha, I too cheer for the Bruins over the Leafs. The difference seems to be that I respect the Bruins as a great opponent. The Leafs and their matrix of media cheerleaders, I have absolutely nothing but contempt for, and if they never make the playoffs again it'll be too soon. As Captain Kirk said of the Klingons: LET THEM DIE!!!

On the other thing, anyone who says they don't like Gretzky or Coffey or even Kessel is just vibrating on a totally different frequency from me. You're talking about spectacular, electrifying hockey players, one of whom is the greatest ever to lace up. Those are three players who elevate by a massive degree the entertainment value of any game they're in. They dazzle. And any Habs' fan who craps on their heads needs to ask themselves honestly what they would make of Guy Lafleur: not a soft or defensively irresponsible player by any means, but fundamentally NOT a grind-it-out guy. He too was an elegant dazzler like those three. Hate their game, you hate his, it seems to me.

another reason the hate the loafs is they force me to actually pull for the bruins four times a year

Hahahah! I'm the same, in reverse. I resent the Bruins for making me cheer for the Laughs 4 times a year.