Montreal at Buffalo 7 PM

Lovett's Magnatones

Talk on the Buffalo sites that Emelin will get suspended. The BS line is that he targeted the head. Personally I did not think it was actually a penalty.

Take off Hab-glasses sir, hit him in head and that instantly is worthy of possible suspension, even if debatable.

He should be suspended by Bergevin, just for dumbness and not taking game situation into account.

(will it even hurt the Habs to miss Emelin for a game or two)

There is difference between predicting a loss and saying that you are never surprised when they lose. For some reason you want to focus on the seven losses and not on the wins that's ok, but honesty the constant negativity (not just yours) about a high performing team is getting a little old. Of course they have had some miserable games, but that is no reason to be negative every game.

Take off Hab-glasses sir, hit him in head and that instantly is worthy of possible suspension, even if debatable.

He should be suspended by Bergevin, just for dumbness and not taking game situation into account.

To me it looks like Emelin has Gionta's shoulder lined up and then Gio turns into the check. Emelin doesn't change his path to target the head, but doesn't really try to avoid it either. In light of the NHL trying to crack down on headshots, I can see there being discipline, although I don't think that there should be.

To me it looks like Emelin has Gionta's shoulder lined up and then Gio turns into the check. Emelin doesn't change his path to target the head, but doesn't really try to avoid it either. In light of the NHL trying to crack down on headshots, I can see there being discipline, although I don't think that there should be.

Yup, hit him right in the beak, could of avoided head shot, plus dropped him like sack of potatoes, so that may just do it right there.

There is difference between predicting a loss and saying that you are never surprised when they lose. For some reason you want to focus on the seven losses and not on the wins that's ok, but honesty the constant negativity (not just yours) about a high performing team is getting a little old. Of course they have had some miserable games, but that is no reason to be negative every game.

Commented positively on almost every single win they have had......... with all three wins against Boston. Nothing but accolades after the win over St Louis (their best game of the year) loved the wIn over philly (second one) and of course the win over the loafs. Great come from behind win over wings. Great third period against flyers (first game, even though i missed gave up after two periods and took the gog for a walk)

But as anyone will tell you ........you learn more from the losses than you do the wins...................and in case you have not noticed i do not believe the habs will ever get to be as good as they could under therrien................the blow outs and crap games and powerplay confirm this.(for me) Now thats cool that you dont think so.............but if you did, would you be cheerleading after blow outs and poorly played losses to Buffalo for example? Put it this way, i think as much about therrien as a head coach as the majority thought about bourque as a player.

When the habs win you say see there ya go (as its happened on here) and i eat my words gladly. When they stink.......I dont gloss over it with the kool aid drinkers and easy excuse makers.

I think you likely know that the habs are not a serious contenders (yet) being reminded of that upsets you. Thats cool. I'll tone it down (most of the time) as i do like your passion for the team.

cheers

Guest Stogey24

Yup, hit him right in the beak, could of avoided head shot, plus dropped him like sack of potatoes, so that may just do it right there.

It's because Gionta's height. Definitely wont be suspension. I'd take any stab I can at Emelin, but I personally don't think he was head hunting

It's because Gionta's height. Definitely wont be suspension. I'd take any stab I can at Emelin, but I personally don't think he was head hunting

No, didn't think he was trying to smoke him like that, was accidental. But most just see him being laid out and kinda looks like elbow to face

I think reckless for sure, but maybe get a game or two, no big deal.

Emelin tosses a lot of hard hits and it will happen every so often. (He has 68 hits (T-5th in league) and 2nd is Weaver with 28)

Habs 30/31:

Thanks for your post. My comment on negativity really wasn't directed only at you...no need to alter your posts to save my feelings :rolleyes:.

However, to clarify, I am not upset by the fact that the Habs are perceived as " not legitimate Stanley Cup contenders" by many on here and in the "professional" media ranks for a few reasons.

Most importantly:

1. Cups are won in June not November;

2 if being favored by the pundits meant anything, San Jose would have won a dozen times by now and

3. as soon as someone can objectively define what it means to be a "legitimate contender" I might start to care about whether the Habs are one or not.

What, in fact, bugs me is the attitude is that the team is crap unless their wins are perfect and they never lose by more than one goal and, sorry, those who develop a hatred of a coach or player that is unjustified. Ie., not based on results. To me, to say that Therrien is a terrible coach is to ignore his excellent results with the team. Whereas, Bourque simply did not--or could not-- consistently deliver despite his apparent potential to be outstanding.

• Upvote 1

I think maybe that expectations for perfection are a little too high. The negativity? That's just people.

I still maintain that this is a very good team, with very good pieces and starting to look like a first class organization, as opposed to when the new management team took over.

Contender? Yeah, I really think so, maybe not a top favorite, but a contender none the less, Carey Price makes them that.

I don't think it's realistic to expect a win every night, and even though lop sided losses are hard to swallow, it's a hockey game, and sometimes it's not your night, win by 4 or lose by 4, it really doesn't matter when you are sitting in first place.

Therrien has instilled the "work as a team" in the players, and has tried to make them a team that can play more than one type of game, he deserves some credit for bringing us back from the dead since drafting Galchenyuk.

Yes, I believe it is a "great room", and just the beginning of what this team can accomplish over the next 5 years.

Bergevin has tried to improve possession, and tried to give the young guys a chance to make good, all the while building a veteran D core to (band)aid in the development of our "big two" D prospects, who we may just see by playoff time as regulars anyway, a lot can happen over an entire season. Bergevin has showed great promise and sense in all things GM.

First place in the East, and I can't find anything negative to dwell on or be frustrated by, so far, there is really a lot to be positive about, and I'm impressed overall....

That Emelin hit was brutal. Gionta turned at the last moment, but like Mike Boone said, what is he doing going for a kill shot at center ice with two minutes left in the game?

The flow of the game had really taken off at that point. Adrenaline and confidence was high. If he lands that hit cleanly, the Habs have complete control of the game.

He missed. Buffalo gets a powerplay. Then they get a shitty goal.

It was a cataclysmic momentum changer, and I hope he got reamed out by the coaches for it.

The flow of the game had really taken off at that point. Adrenaline and confidence was high. If he lands that hit cleanly, the Habs have complete control of the game.

He missed. Buffalo gets a powerplay. Then they get a shitty goal.

It was a cataclysmic momentum changer, and I hope he got reamed out by the coaches for it.

How about ten minutes with Habs 30/31 instead? That would straighten him out. He would be ready to bolt for the KHL!

Don, if Emelin doesn't make that hit Gionta is in on the goal with a scoring opportunity and you would be sitting there saying he got beat like a rented mule. He stepped up to make the check, his elbows tucked in, Gionta turns right into him and because he is a smurf he get hit in the head. Emelin has no intent that is obvious, They are taking body checking out of the game slowly but surely. To me that wasn't even a penalty. The pendulum has swung too far. This still supposed to be a hard hitting rough game. Ballet is down the road aways, first turn on your left. That is not my habs glasses either, I think a lot of the penalties being called are garbage. How is it that Chara trying to kill Patches is ok, cause it is a hockey play gone bad, and this is a crime? If anything this at least WAS a hockey play. Chara was headhunting. :habslogo:

Don, if Emelin doesn't make that hit Gionta is in on the goal with a scoring opportunity and you would be sitting there saying he got beat like a rented mule. He stepped up to make the check, his elbows tucked in, Gionta turns right into him and because he is a smurf he get hit in the head. Emelin has no intent that is obvious, They are taking body checking out of the game slowly but surely. To me that wasn't even a penalty. The pendulum has swung too far. This still supposed to be a hard hitting rough game. Ballet is down the road aways, first turn on your left. That is not my habs glasses either, I think a lot of the penalties being called are garbage. How is it that Chara trying to kill Patches is ok, cause it is a hockey play gone bad, and this is a crime? If anything this at least WAS a hockey play. Chara was headhunting. :habslogo:

Got yer back there! Agree totally!

Habs 30/31:

Thanks for your post. My comment on negativity really wasn't directed only at you...no need to alter your posts to save my feelings :rolleyes:.

However, to clarify, I am not upset by the fact that the Habs are perceived as " not legitimate Stanley Cup contenders" by many on here and in the "professional" media ranks for a few reasons.

Most importantly:

1. Cups are won in June not November;

2 if being favored by the pundits meant anything, San Jose would have won a dozen times by now and

3. as soon as someone can objectively define what it means to be a "legitimate contender" I might start to care about whether the Habs are one or not.

What, in fact, bugs me is the attitude is that the team is crap unless their wins are perfect and they never lose by more than one goal and, sorry, those who develop a hatred of a coach or player that is unjustified. Ie., not based on results. To me, to say that Therrien is a terrible coach is to ignore his excellent results with the team. Whereas, Bourque simply did not--or could not-- consistently deliver despite his apparent potential to be outstanding.

Well said pmac.

However to say I am ignoring the results of the team because I dont think Therrien is the man for the job? Not so. Well aware of habs record. To give you an example, Bylsma from the Pens. Won a cup with the team and since has enjoyed great results ya might say. Even better "results" than Therrien. Yet he was replaced, results be damned. His boss wanted someone else at the helm. I feel the same way about Therrien. Ya see, I believe the decent "results" you refer to, good as they are..... would IMPROVE with a better coach.

Better coach, like who, tons of them out there unemployed (for some odd reason or other I guess?) and ready for French media are there?

frankly, given the way Subban has been playing, Beaulieu and tinordi not progressing one iota under MT, Galchenyuk stuck while we see Forsburg floureshing, Moslon needs to grow a pair and say screw it with the french requirement and bring in a coach who can help our young players take the next step.

MT is doing a great job with Weisse, Prust, Malhotra and now Tangeradi. Big shit! Two losses to the sabres and all we are seeing is Subban being turned into Weaver and not even seeing Tinordi/Beaulieu. This is bullshit! How do we lose back to back against one of the worst teams in a decade???

Better coach, like who, tons of them out there unemployed (for some odd reason or other I guess?) and ready for French media are there?

You are right Don, there is no other qualified FRENCH SPEAKING coach available, which is how he got the job in the first place. We just have to make do with what we can retread. It is our cross to bear. I just don't know why we have to handicap the team to please the quebec media. I thought this was a billion dollar business not a retread factory for unemployable french canadian mediocre coaches.

With the talent on this team we should never get 3 points out of 6 while the worst team in the nhl get 4. It is embarrassing for crying out loud. There is something wrong with this team. And I don't think it is the players, they are following the plan to a T. So what does that leave us with?

Aren't we 0-2 without Gilbert? Just saying. Careful what we wish for.

I agree that losing back-to-backs against pathetic Buffalo is a disgrace. However, the team went 9-2 leading up to the current 3-game skid. Slumps do happen, ya know. Last time we had a slump, the train got back on the track in fairly short order, so as dire as things now seem, I wouldn't overreact.

• Upvote 1

Aren't we 0-2 without Gilbert? Just saying. Careful what we wish for.

I agree that losing back-to-backs against pathetic Buffalo is a disgrace. However, the team went 9-2 leading up to the current 3-game skid. Slumps do happen, ya know. Last time we had a slump, the train got back on the track in fairly short order, so as dire as things now seem, I wouldn't overreact.

I know, I was ranting.

losing to buffalo? is it that bad? whatever happened to teams knowing and playing well against their division? oh ya thats right.... nothing! division rivals are just that division rivals!

as for galchenyuk? he needs to do 2 things to get to that next level

1) take the puck to the net!!! he's playing perimeter hockey and needs to go to the net not around it!

2) work on his shot accuracy.... grade A chances are just missing right now but all of sudden they won't be

every time we lose it about the coaching... unless someone has a replacement for him can we stop already (lets visit the babcock situation if or when it arrives, maybe we can lure bowmen back)

Yes i agree. Therrien stinks. But Habs have a major flaw in recruiting and keeping coaches.