Is the problem...LEADERSHIP?

ICEWATER77

Is it the 4 Assistants and no Captain? The coaching staff? The new faces? Somebody explain to me exactly how we can go into BUFFALO, and NOT dominate? It's high time we stop teetering from Contender to Pretender! All I hear is how great the locker room is..gee, that's nice!

Is it the 4 Assistants and no Captain? The coaching staff? The new faces? Somebody explain to me exactly how we can go into BUFFALO, and NOT dominate? It's high time we stop teetering from Contender to Pretender! All I hear is how great the locker room is..gee, that's nice!

yes great room. MT will give them another couple days off. Love the room.

"pretender tom contender" Will the real team please rise!

They ate not as good as their record..................and the games get tougher as the season goes on because well coached teams get better as the year goes on.and younger players get better ....... but not on MT's teams.

I think there are just a few kinks to work out. Sure, maybe it is leadership right now, because it's a new young group, but they will develope as leaders and we will see them step up. I think Pacioretty is almost there. He almost has his whole game.

As bad as buffalo is, they're still an nhl team. Losing 2-1 against buffalo isn't as bad as 7-1 to Tampa if you ask me.

If being in first is a problem, then I hope the problem continues.

come plaay off time....first place and a toonie will get you a cup of coffee.

when the teams gets blown out 7-1 inn the play offs because of the WAY THEY PLAY.....will you point to the standings then?

The problems are they are generally soft, don't go to the tough areas to score, don't protect the front of the net, they have some fast players but generally are a slow team, especially defensively, there work ethic is terrible.

2 goals for in 2 games against the worst team.

That said, a win tonight they are still 10 games above 500, and have time to improve

I think there are just a few kinks to work out. Sure, maybe it is leadership right now, because it's a new young group, but they will develope as leaders and we will see them step up. I think Pacioretty is almost there. He almost has his whole game.

As bad as buffalo is, they're still an nhl team. Losing 2-1 against buffalo isn't as bad as 7-1 to Tampa if you ask me.

buffalo has rid themselves of players that would help them win, they are going with players that will help them lose.........its called tanking................they dont care if they lose and the disgustingly healthy habs still lose to that team after having 5 days off to prepare for the game? ..

quick point to the standings!

The problems are they are generally soft, don't go to the tough areas to score, don't protect the front of the net, they have some fast players but generally are a slow team, especially defensively, there work ethic is terrible.

2 goals for in 2 games against the worst team.

That said, a win tonight they are still 10 games above 500, and have time to improve

3 goals in last 3 games

come plaay off time....first place and a toonie will get you a cup of coffee.

when the teams gets blown out 7-1 inn the play offs because of the WAY THEY PLAY.....will you point to the standings then?

Why are you talking about a hypothetical loss in the playoffs when it is November? You must not have been around when this team made it to the final four last season. They get up for the games that they need to win, who gives a shit if they get blown out a few games or lose to Buffalo? You obviously hope this team fails just to justify all your negativity.

Loved Pacioretty getting 8 shots in game and he looked good running guys over. He can be a bit of beast when he seems a bit pissed off, skates hard and 'finishes his checks'.

The more I see this year, I would almost consider him more a 'C' candidate than start of year for sure.

Why are you talking about a hypothetical loss in the playoffs when it is November? You must not have been around when this team made it to the final four last season. They get up for the games that they need to win, who gives a shit if they get blown out a few games or lose to Buffalo? You obviously hope this team fails just to justify all your negativity.

Thank you Islander.... :thumbs_up:

Geez, some people sound like Leaf fans don't they? :rofl:

just pointing out that when talking about a particular bad game and discussing the reasons or details , pointing to the standings does not answer everything.

Changes the subject the pretty good though. cheers

Yep, don't see why DD is a mainstay while struggling PP goes no where, Galchenyuk might as well be at center, but at least DD is winning a lot of draws. Still say the net front presence is the weakest part of the PP.

A 3 PP goal outburst is in order... :halm:

Yep, don't see why DD is a mainstay while struggling PP goes no where, Galchenyuk might as well be at center, but at least DD is winning a lot of draws. Still say the net front presence is the weakest part of the PP.

yea, even a broken clock is right twice a day

I'll agree with a lot of the DD criticism. You can't take anything away from DD, he's worked really hard to get where he is. But...the coaches seem to view his success as being along the same lines as Pacioretty. Maybe they forget Pacioretty was on pace foe thirty goals playing with Scott Gomez?

DD on the powerplay is useless. He wins faceoffs, but for all the good he's done they might as well roll Manny Malhotra out on PP1.

Have confidence in MB. I thought he would resign Gionta, and instead he gives Gionta an eff you offer and trades Bourque, Moen and Gorges. Once Galchenyuk stops watching tapes of Bruins-era Sergei Samsonov, DD is dead meat.

anybody think that the revolving door of players coming and going might be a factor? I know they're professionals, yada-yada, but could it be that some guys are concerned about "who's next?" or "how secure is my spot?" lot of new faces round here...

anybody think that the revolving door of players coming and going might be a factor? I know they're professionals, yada-yada, but could it be that some guys are concerned about "who's next?" or "how secure is my spot?" lot of new faces round here...

Workplace environment, you should damn well be worried that people not meeting expectations are replaced.... nothing new. Keeps ya hungry and contributing.

"Have confidence in MB. I thought he would resign Gionta, and instead he gives Gionta an eff you offer and trades Bourque, Moen and Gorges"

I don't believe that I ever read that MB gave him any kind of offer other than to hold the door open for him when he left the building.

Bourque Great trade. Moen great trade. Georges ..good salary cap management.

• Upvote 1

"Have confidence in MB. I thought he would resign Gionta, and instead he gives Gionta an eff you offer and trades Bourque, Moen and Gorges"

I don't believe that I ever read that MB gave him any kind of offer other than to hold the door open for him when he left the building.

Bourque Great trade. Moen great trade. Georges ..good salary cap management.

They were confirmed to be in negotiations. I don't know if it was all show, or not. Bergevin works in mysterious ways...

• Upvote 1

The thread is a joke. The team's in first overall and apparently that isn't anywhere near good enough. Come off it. This is the best time in 25 years to be a Habs' fan, and we react with threads demanding to know WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. Reee-dick.

The rumblings were that they had a one year deal around $2.5 M on the table for him.

As for the question as to whether leadership is the problem, I say no. Every team has bad nights and bad streaks. This happens whether or not they have a captain or no captain, or a good coach, a bad coach, or Sylvain Lefebvre. As for the (relative) newcomers in Gonchar/Allen/Tangradi, they alone shouldn't impact how good or bad a team starts or finishes a game. (And for what it's worth, I thought all three had some good moments last night.) There's lots of criticism to spread around for them not playing particularly well last night - they should have been better, no doubt - but I wouldn't throw it on the hands/feet of a few. That was a collective loss.

I wouldn't say thread is re-dick and why not 'debate' whether leadership is good-average-poor, is an OK question.

Sure team is doing well, but with all shutouts, relatively poor offense again this year and shitPP maybe leadership is not as could/should be?

Do not have a Toews, but do have a Priceand when Pacioretty gets in 'that' mode, he is one of best power forwards around.