Habs sign Tomas Fleischmann to PTO

Trizzak

I pick one afternoon to not check the site so naturally they do something. Here's a write-up, albeit a quick and late one: http://www.habsworld.net/2015/09/habs-sign-tomas-fleischmann-to-a-pto/

I think there could be a fit for him in a bottom six role. He has become more of a defensive player in recent years but still has enough offence to be a serviceable third liner. As to whether or not there's room, de la Rose could have a lot to do with that decision. If they want him to work on his offensive game in the minors, that could be an opening for Fleischmann.

Left wing depth is abysmal on this team if Chucky goes to centre. Could be a good third liner

I agree, he has some offensive skill, and it's only a try out anyway, good depth player in the end.

As long as you are not stunting the growth of the kids on the farm, I agree.

They wouldn't be stunting anyone fortunately. No player on the Bulldogs played so well to the point that they're a must-keep player on the NHL roster to start the season.

• Upvote 1

For those curious, he had six points in 15 games the same time Sekac came to Anaheim and had 7 points in 19 games.

They wouldn't be stunting anyone fortunately. No player on the Bulldogs played so well to the point that they're a must-keep player on the NHL roster to start the season.

And more importantly, Fleichmann is the kind of guy you can leave in the press box and not feel bad.

Sorry, on mobile so this thread kinda sucks. Anywho... not sure the reasoning on this tryout. There isn'the any room for a couple roster players already.

If those couple of roster players (ie De La Rose, Flynn, Hudon, etc...) can't beat out Fleischmann for a spot than they don't deserve a spot on the team.

• Upvote 2

If those couple of roster players (ie De La Rose, Flynn, Hudon, etc...) can't beat out Fleischmann for a spot than they don't deserve a spot on the team.

Exactly. Fleischmann is a good depth player on a team thin on the LW and Very deep on the right. Strange bizaro Habs situation considering. Imo Its better JDLR plays in the AHL. Good minutes all year. Playing with the organizations new youth. It will only benefit him and the organization in the long run. In Fleischmann, Plek has a CZH teammate. Something he hasn't had since Hamr & Spacek. Semin, Fleisch, Kassian. If this team comes together. We might be in for one hell of a treat.