2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Like I said...he was sticking to the team's game plan, showing formidable discipline in fact. KoRP is right that the plan was faulty, in light of the league's policy of 'anything goes' (especially by the 2011 Bruins) in the playoffs. But it's not up to an individual player, and especially not a team leader, to throw away the game plan. For being a committed, disciplined team player, Sedin has been tarred as a pussy ever since.

That's BS. He could have clinched, or in layman's terms, wrapped him up. Sedin chose to be the sheep and allow himself to be disgraced, ostensibly to get a PP.

That's BS. He could have clinched, or in layman's terms, wrapped him up. Sedin chose to be the sheep and allow himself to be disgraced, ostensibly to get a PP.

I'll take trying to draw a call over defending myself 10/10 in the game. The referee needs to do their job.

• Upvote 1

I'll take the ref doing his job like a man. This was the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the ref puts his whistle away on an obvious call? And you blame the player? come on. Sedin is not a fighter, that is not what he is paid to do. Had they gotten the call right the Canucks would have been on a PP and could have turned that series into a win. I wonder what everyone's opinion would be then?

I'll take the ref doing his job like a man. This was the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the ref puts his whistle away on an obvious call? And you blame the player? come on. Sedin is not a fighter, that is not what he is paid to do. Had they gotten the call right the Canucks would have been on a PP and could have turned that series into a win. I wonder what everyone's opinion would be then?

That's the way it should be, but it isn't...

And Commandant, I didn't say there wasn't violence back in the day, I'm saying that desperate times call for desperate measures, and there was less of this cowardly "target the head stuff". The rats answered for being rats, and it makes a difference. When the league makes them answer for it(unlike Bruins vs Canucks final) then I am all for the violence being gone from the game... but the league doesn't just yet.

I'm sorry, but if you can't see it, I guess you will never know, NOT ALL the old timers say is wrong... if you think that, you're wrong.

The Rats answered for being rats? Meh... so you punch a guy in the face after he injures your best player, and this does what exactly? Your best player is still injured. And it didn't stop him from continually being a rat, just like Matt Cooke getting knocked out by Evander Kane and others hasn't stopped him from being a rat today.

I'll take trying to draw a call over defending myself 10/10 in the game. The referee needs to do their job.

PLEASE

People here seem to be forgetting the Rome/Horton hit or the Burrows bite on Bergeron. In fact, the Sedins made light of it during the series on US TV, calling Burrows "the vegetarian on the line."

There was plenty of blame to go around, and Daniel Sedin should be embarrassed he didn't stand up for himself.

Zack Kassian recalled by Oilers. He had one goal in four games with three penalties for the Condors.

I find it somewhat fitting that the player he was first traded for - Cody Hodgson - happened to be placed on waivers mere minutes before Kassian was recalled. That swap of young 'core pieces' really didn't work out for anyone.

Also, Anze Kopitar is nearing an 8 year, $80 M extension with LA. I wonder if that will have any affect on the Stamkos negotiations.

I find it somewhat fitting that the player he was first traded for - Cody Hodgson - happened to be placed on waivers mere minutes before Kassian was recalled. That swap of young 'core pieces' really didn't work out for anyone.

Also, Anze Kopitar is nearing an 8 year, $80 M extension with LA. I wonder if that will have any affect on the Stamkos negotiations.

Even if Stamkos isn't worth that much, he will get more in free agency most likely than he will as an offer from Yzerman, do you guys think he will test the market regardless of off from Tampa?

Even if Stamkos isn't worth that much, he will get more in free agency most likely than he will as an offer from Yzerman, do you guys think he will test the market regardless of off from Tampa?

I probably would. I don't think he is happy there.

Stamkos is the lead dog on the food chain. The problem isn't TB, but where to set the bar. Kopitar almost signed and TB will have to come north of that contract. Once signed, and I believe Stevie Y will get it done, everybody else will fall behind those two.

TVA's Renaud Lavoie thinks that Drouin could be on the move within the next 24 hours. St. Louis seems to be the speculative favourite.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2016/01/14/drouin--transaction-imminente

Despite what Yzerman says, I doubt he wants this to drag on with his team turning things around.

Can anyone tell me why Weise and Galchenyuk have same shot total (when Weise has played fewer minutes and games)?

Do the Habs actually need a friggin shooting coach?

Can anyone tell me why Weise and Galchenyuk have same shot total (when Weise has played fewer minutes and games)?

Do the Habs actually need a friggin shooting coach?

Because Chucky often waits a split second too long to get his shot off and it gets blocked or he tries to pick corners? Shot attempts are 84 to 42 for Chucky, having played 4 more games.

Sorry, should add that those numbers are at 5 on 5.

Pittsburgh acquires Carl Hagelin from Anaheim in exchange for David Perron and Adam Clendening. What in the world is Pittsburgh doing? They're already in cap trouble for next year and just added $4 M to that payroll for next season plus two more. It's not like Hagelin is playing all that well either (neither is Perron but at least he's a pending UFA). Rutherford just put the Pens into an even bigger cap constraint moving forward with not a whole lot to show for it.