2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Lineman can call hitting from behind. I personally didn't really think the hit was worthy of a penalty anyways though

First it wasn't a hit from behind. it might have been boarding but okay, lets go with the theory he's upset at no penalty call.

Now answer the second part of my post.

If Wideman is so angry about a hit that he feels is dirty, why does he make zero attempt to go after the guy who hit him, and instead goes a plows over the linesman? 99.9% of hockey players if they were pissed at a dirty hit don't go after a ref or linesman, they try to fight the player. Thats classic hockey culture. Wideman doesn't even try... doesn't even attempt to go after the guy who hit him.

Guest Stogey24

First it wasn't a hit from behind. it might have been boarding but okay, lets go with the theory he's upset at no penalty call.

Now answer the second part of my post.

If Wideman is so angry about a hit that he feels is dirty, why does he make zero attempt to go after the guy who hit him, and instead goes a plows over the linesman? 99.9% of hockey players if they were pissed at a dirty hit don't go after a ref or linesman, they try to fight the player. Thats classic hockey culture. Wideman doesn't even try... doesn't even attempt to go after the guy who hit him.

Wideman took the hit on the back of his shoulder, so that COULD be considered a hit from behind.

Wideman was hurt on the play and going for a line change. Why/how would he go chase a guy down if he's hurt?

The moral of the story is Wideman took a hit that some days could be called a penalty. He wasn't happy about the hit(not necessarily because no penalty was called) and Don Henderson happened to be on the railroad tracks in the heat of the moment. Wideman took him out and felt zero fackin remorse about it.

He had his head up the whole way. He was pissed about the hit and took it out on the ref. He's going to get 10 games. Dick move by Wideman

Rule 40 doesn't necessarily apply here (the 3/10/20 threshold) since the game misconduct wasn't assessed. A lot of people think it'll be 10 based on Rule 40 but it was acknowledged yesterday that Campbell can pretty much apply any criteria he wants.

Rule 40 doesn't necessarily apply here (the 3/10/20 threshold) since the game misconduct wasn't assessed. A lot of people think it'll be 10 based on Rule 40 but it was acknowledged yesterday that Campbell can pretty much apply any criteria he wants.

In other words, arbitrary criteria, probably based on whether Wideman is considered a 'good guy' by the arseholes that run this Mickey Mouse league.

Lucic was obviously an accident.

The fact is he just got back from a suspension and took a shot at a player and hit a linesman. Given the chintzy penalty that Subban got, Lucic at the very least deserved a penalty.

The fact is he just got back from a suspension and took a shot at a player and hit a linesman. Given the chintzy penalty that Subban got, Lucic at the very least deserved a penalty.

Can't disagree but the NHL don't work that way.

You're absolutely right, Subban never has or will get the benefit of the doubt, and is always looked at with ill will by the officials.

Lucic has had a million breaks from the league disciplinary system, he is super violent in scrums and after every whistle, and gets a free pass most every time...

You're absolutely right, Subban never has or will get the benefit of the doubt, and is always looked at with ill will by the officials.

Lucic has had a million breaks from the league disciplinary system, he is super violent in scrums and after every whistle, and gets a free pass most every time...

That's the NHL for ya. PK is by definition a punk, Lucic is by definition a 'good guy,' so it doesn't matter what they actually do or how they actually conduct themselves. If the NHL were a country, it would be a tin-pot arbitrary dictatorship like Uzbekistan.

The punch on the linesman was an accident... but here is my issue. Lucic was just suspended for a sucker punch. Now he's in a scrum and he tries to sucker punch someone who is involved in an altercation with another player, and misses and hits the linesman.

That should be a suspension.

Seems more a puppet state than dictatorship wouldn't you say. lil Bettman just does/says exactly what is told to by billionaire owners.

Goons cracking skulls on ice was bad optics and not good for business (and set up for future law suits), so owners weeded out vast majority of goons...Arizona ownership is so dysfunctional they didn't get the message and musta signed John Scott by accident.

Brandon Prust is on waivers today. I wonder what took Vancouver this long to do it? He has been lousy this year. At the end of the day, the Habs still wound up with Byron (via the roster spot opened when Kassian went to the SABH program) and a 5th (plus Scrivens in the short-term) for Prust. It ain't much but that's still a win...for at least the first 2/3 of the return.

And no, let's not bring him back to Montreal.

I think Habs are sitting picking 9th, only 7pts up on Leafs, but Leafs have 2 games in hand.

Full Tank ahead, let the selling begin Marc.

What number will Julien Gauthier wanna wear?

I think Habs are sitting picking 9th, only 7pts up on Leafs, but Leafs have 2 games in hand.

Full Tank ahead, let the selling begin Marc.

What number will Julien Gauthier wanna wear?

Yo. If you want to sell and give up on the season, at least aim for the Finns...

I know nothing about the prospects, but I'd be trying get a guy who plays centre

Of the top 7 prospects (and thats the group that has pulled away from the pack at this point IMO)... only one, Auston Matthews, is a centre.

Pierre Luc Dubois and Michael McLeod are centres, but they are second tier and clearly behind the elite group of this draft.