Oct. 24, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Beaulieu is far from "brutal right now" and there is also the pesky little fact that Pateryn and Beaulieu don't play the same position.

So by that logic Beaulieu gets a free ticket because he's a LD no matter how bad he is? Don't think so. Hey I hope he improves but if he's playing like this come playoffs then Pateryn comes in RD or not.

• Upvote 1

So by that logic Beaulieu gets a free ticket because he's a LD no matter how bad he is? Don't think so. Hey I hope he improves but if he's playing like this come playoffs then Pateryn comes in RD or not.

No, Tinordi would.

People's lack of trust in him aside, Tinordi is a better defenseman right now than Alexei Emelin. They mostly do the same things, the same way, but Tinordi is bigger, stronger, and more physical about it. The rest of their games, other than experience and salary, are equal.

Pateryn is higher on the depth chart than Tinordi. Management doesn't have faith in Tinordi and he has lost his confidence. Don't think he has a future in Montreal.

Pateryn may be "higher on the depth chart than Tinordi", but he's "higher on the depth chart" than Condon, too. Except you don't want to put him in goal, obviously. Likewise you don't want to put him on Left Defense. It's very hard to play defense on the wrong side. When we had Emelin playing right defense, he was a defensive nightmare, which made him completely useless (since he was never any good offensively.) I could scream watching the Leafs exploit Emelin on RD over and over again to get free scoring chances. This is a major weakness most teams have when you get down into their bottom pairing (or even higher.)

Regardless of what you think of Tinordi's future, he's more than adequate. You can put him there, and he'll do his job, and do it well. He has every single time he's been up with the habs, and yet for some reason people still don't trust him. Tinordi has rarely made the types of defensive gaffes Beaulieu does on a regular basis. Sure, he also lacks his potential offensive upside, but in his own end, he's been more trustworthy in the rare times we've used him.

Let's put it this way - if we lose any of Markov, Beaulieu, or Emelin to injury, we're not going to see Pateryn in to replace them - he has no shot at it. Likewise, if we lose Subban, Petry or Gilbert to injury, Tinordi's not going to even be considered to replace them. Don't play these guys out of position. There's no more technical job for a skater than defense - it's as demanding mentally as it is physically, and you don't want to add to that by making them play the wrong side. That's how you turn even the more solid defenders in the NHL into leaky sieves. Do it with an inexperienced depth player, and it's a recipe for disaster.

8-0. Lead the league in every possible category. The highest seven plus players in the league are all Cnadiens. DD and Flieshman look great together. Weiss got two goals last night playing with them, in a 7-2 hammering of the sabres without our best player.

I would not change a thing

Wow.. thanks for the stats.

Cool!

Now ..that's an anthem.. Canadians singing the Canadian anthem.

Pateryn may be "higher on the depth chart than Tinordi", but he's "higher on the depth chart" than Condon, too. Except you don't want to put him in goal, obviously. Likewise you don't want to put him on Left Defense. It's very hard to play defense on the wrong side. When we had Emelin playing right defense, he was a defensive nightmare, which made him completely useless (since he was never any good offensively.) I could scream watching the Leafs exploit Emelin on RD over and over again to get free scoring chances. This is a major weakness most teams have when you get down into their bottom pairing (or even higher.)

Regardless of what you think of Tinordi's future, he's more than adequate. You can put him there, and he'll do his job, and do it well. He has every single time he's been up with the habs, and yet for some reason people still don't trust him. Tinordi has rarely made the types of defensive gaffes Beaulieu does on a regular basis. Sure, he also lacks his potential offensive upside, but in his own end, he's been more trustworthy in the rare times we've used him.

Let's put it this way - if we lose any of Markov, Beaulieu, or Emelin to injury, we're not going to see Pateryn in to replace them - he has no shot at it. Likewise, if we lose Subban, Petry or Gilbert to injury, Tinordi's not going to even be considered to replace them. Don't play these guys out of position. There's no more technical job for a skater than defense - it's as demanding mentally as it is physically, and you don't want to add to that by making them play the wrong side. That's how you turn even the more solid defenders in the NHL into leaky sieves. Do it with an inexperienced depth player, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Well said.

Man..whudda team.

Is our goaltending legal?

Ya BabEEEEE!!!

PP goal.

Is this a rivalry or ribaldry? A dirty joke?

Toronto is playing some pretty good hockey out there. Nice to see.

Nice exciting end to the period.. exciting team our glorieux.. !

That was a back-and-forth period. Both teams had some good sustained pressure. Subban seems to be on a mission to shoot tonight, 6 shot attempts already. Hopefully that's not his plan all game to shoot at all times, it's always good to vary things up a bit.

Good call by the ref. Phaneuf just turned his back to Weise when the hit came.

Scoring four goals in that period where the Leafs actually outplayed us shows the importance of a good goalie. We have one, the Leafs not so much.

That was not a good period from the Habs at all, way too scrambly in their own end. Semin had a bonehead giveaway that led to the one goal and I must say I'm impressed that Therrien didn't staple him to the bench; he'd have been justified had he done so.

That all said, scoring four goals in a period where they played that poorly makes their struggles easier to swallow.

Also, 2 PPG's for the second straight game, that will help the old percentage out.

Good Ole hughson. "If you look at the analytics this is a middle of the road team." Dude get educated about the team you are analyzing. If you look at the analytics you will see te exact oposite. This season anyway

Good call Jeff. Our noble warriors are dead on their feet.

I love this team. Not our shiniest moment and I sure hope we can take Wankouver but I am so frankly surprised at how good we are.

Hurrah for our guys!!