Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - Alexander Semin
Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Dale Weise
Brian Flynn - Torrey Mitchell - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Alexei Emelin - Jeff Petry
Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert

Carey Price
Mike Condon

Injuries: Michael Bournival, Zack Kassian (SABH)

Scratches: Paul Byron, Greg Pateryn, Jarred Tinordi

14-15 Leaders Toronto Montreal

Game Notes

Goals van Riemsdyk (27) Pacioretty (37) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists van Riemsdyk (29) Subban (45) National TV: CBC, TVA Sports
Points van Riemsdyk (56) Pacioretty (67) Regional TV: N/A
PIMS Phaneuf (108) Kassian (81) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Winnik (+23) Pacioretty (+38) French Radio: FM 98.5

OK who is going to step up and get a bunch of points tonite? I am thinking it is Galchenyuk's turn. I got him in my fantasy league and sure could use a big night from him.

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

8-0. Lead the league in every possible category. The highest seven plus players in the league are all Cnadiens. DD and Flieshman look great together. Weiss got two goals last night playing with them, in a 7-2 hammering of the sabres without our best player.

I would not change a thing

OK who is going to step up and get a bunch of points tonite? I am thinking it is Galchenyuk's turn. I got him in my fantasy league and sure could use a big night from him.

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

Would like to see that. Although Max usually lights it up against the loafs.

Honestly our supposed 3rd line is really the 2nd line. Feel sorry for Galchenyuk. Maybe they should switch him with DD for a while.

Eh? They are dangerous in the offensive zone every time. They are not so good defensively but a big part of that is Therrien putting Gilbert and Beaulieu with them. It's a bad line choice and I expect it to work itself out. Not every line is gonna click every game. He has two points in the past three games, no different to DD. It's his linemates in Eller and Semin that have been a bit cold (Semin has a goal in his last three and always has two or three dangerous shifts, Eller has an assist and has really cooled down but his overall play has still been good).

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

- Our fourth line is half the leagues third line

- Our third line is half the leagues second line

- Our second line is half the leagues first line

This is why we dominate.

The Leafs will be scratching Peter Holland tonight; in his place, Byron Froese makes his NHL debut. He was a 4th round pick of Chicago back in 2009, 119th overall.

(Two completely random, meaningless notes: The player selected immediately before Froese (117th) was Eddie Pasquale, a goalie that's in Montreal's system on a minor league deal. The pick that would have been one spot before Froese's selection (118th) was forfeited...by Toronto.)

Eh? They are dangerous in the offensive zone every time. They are not so good defensively but a big part of that is Therrien putting Gilbert and Beaulieu with them. It's a bad line choice and I expect it to work itself out. Not every line is gonna click every game. He has two points in the past three games, no different to DD. It's his linemates in Eller and Semin that have been a bit cold (Semin has a goal in his last three and always has two or three dangerous shifts, Eller has an assist and has really cooled down but his overall play has still been good).

This is why we dominate.

Habs Owned the 70's is right, though. Our "Second Line" and our Fourth Line have scored 4 goals each so far this season. Our "Third Line" has scored six goals. (Our first line has scored 14 goals, and our defense has scored 2 goals.) So far Desharnais/Fleischman/Weise are a bigger threat on the ice than Galchenyuk/Semin/Eller. Make of that what you will, but lines are generally ranked by their scoring threat, not by some arbitrary decision. I'd have to argue right now that DD's line is our second line, not our third.

Considering how effective every line has been, it is a bit surprising to me that our top 3 forwards have scored as much as our bottom 9 together. We appear to have a very dominant first line so far this season.

On the other side of the coin, DD's line has as many goals as the Ducks. Yes, all the Ducks. Anaheim, as a team, has scored 6 goals in 6 games. Desharnais, Fleischman, and Weise have scored 6 goals in 8 games.

Eller was really bad last night, but as you said; they're not going to be perfect every night

That's funny cause while he did not dominate, I thought he played pretty well. Expectations a little high?

It's gotta happen eventually. Tonight, however, would be the worst of times. I'm a Habs fan living deep in Laughs territory. Can't give them anything to crow about.

It would be perfect to come against a western team on the road with a condom.... With Condon in so it doesnt infect Price.

Guest Stogey24

That's funny cause while he did not dominate, I thought he played pretty well. Expectations a little high?

He turned the puck over like 5 times. Every other game I thought he was really good. Expectations may be a little high though...

This is why we dominate.

That's my point. Galchenyuk is being wasted on a line with these guys. Let DD see if he can get something out of those 2 and let Galchenyuk get the benefit of better line-mates. They are trying to groom him into the #1 centre role aren't they? Why saddle him with guys who can't produce?

5-0 habs win tonight

That's my point. Galchenyuk is being wasted on a line with these guys. Let DD see if he can get something out of those 2 and let Galchenyuk get the benefit of better line-mates. They are trying to groom him into the #1 centre role aren't they? Why saddle him with guys who can't produce?

Too soon . First time in years the habs have left line together and they have the longest winning streak in decades. More time and at least a ONE loss before considering any changes. One one gels may have just gelled quicker than another?

5-0 habs win tonight

Too soon . First time in years the habs have left line together and they have the longest winning streak in decades. More time and at least a ONE loss before considering any changes. One one gels may have just gelled quicker than another?

Yes I agree there shouldn't be changes right away while everything is going so good but it should be on Therrien's radar that if this continues then the second and third lines should be rethought. Say later in the season when games become more meaningful in terms of playoff indications. Same goes for Beaulieu. He is brutal right now and has no business being out there but it's not majorly affecting the team as witnessed by the win streak. If things weren't so rosy right now I would put Pateryn in there in a heartbeat.

"Well, I think their goalie's good. I think their first line right now is the best in the National Hockey League with the way they're playing. They have left and right hand shots on each pair on the back end, and they move the puck good. They trust all four centres. They seem to be playing hard as a group. Did I mention the goalie's good?" ~ Mike Babcock on the challenge of beating the Habs.

"Well, I think their goalie's good. I think their first line right now is the best in the National Hockey League with the way they're playing. They have left and right hand shots on each pair on the back end, and they move the puck good. They trust all four centres. They seem to be playing hard as a group. Did I mention the goalie's good?" ~ Mike Babcock on the challenge of beating the Habs.

I love it, did I mention the goalie is the best player in the world Babs?

I love it, did I mention the goalie is the best player in the world Babs?

I kinda feel sorry for babcock. I don't know if he really understood how terrible a team he was getting. Quite the "fixer upper."

Yes I agree there shouldn't be changes right away while everything is going so good but it should be on Therrien's radar that if this continues then the second and third lines should be rethought. Say later in the season when games become more meaningful in terms of playoff indications. Same goes for Beaulieu. He is brutal right now and has no business being out there but it's not majorly affecting the team as witnessed by the win streak. If things weren't so rosy right now I would put Pateryn in there in a heartbeat.

Beaulieu is far from "brutal right now" and there is also the pesky little fact that Pateryn and Beaulieu don't play the same position.

Beaulieu is far from "brutal right now" and there is also the pesky little fact that Pateryn and Beaulieu don't play the same position.

Most teams lack true right-defensemen, and so regularly have defensemen playing out of position. We're lucky - we have 4 of each. Intentionally playing one out of position would be kinda stupid.

Just to clarify our depth for everyone:

RD: Subban, Petry, Gilbert, Pateryn

LD: Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu, Tinordi