Dec. 12 - Ottawa vs Habs

JoeLassister

Tokarski will have to go through waivers when all is said and done (he re-qualified as of yesterday, actually). Condon won't have to hit waivers at any point this year.

Well then it looks like Condom might be going down which is too bad cause he has done a great job.

Well then it looks like Condom might be going down which is too bad cause he has done a great job.

I actually think mb will keep the goalie that he thinks will win games and send down the other, regardless of waivers.

Plekanec goes another game without scoring, trade the useless plug already Bergy!

I haven't been around as much, so I'm a little behind, but is there actually a Plekanec hate-on happening here?

He's leading the team in scoring, y'all...

Some are not big turtleneck fans because he only scores empty net goals and no goals at all since Nov 7 (8pts in past 10gms were all just assists). I don't think I have a man-crush on him, but do think he is a good player who seems to take a bit too much criticism for his play.

I haven't been around as much, so I'm a little behind, but is there actually a Plekanec hate-on happening here?

He's leading the team in scoring, y'all...

Dontcha know that at least half of his points are from empty-net goals? ;)

I wouldn't be so sure.

Tokarski cleared waivers once, I don't think they will be that worried about losing him.

IMO The backup once price is healthy will be the goalie who plays best between now and when that happens. I think they keep the better guy. Who that will be, we can wait and see. But I don't think waivers is a big part of the equation, if at all.

Tokes has two good games for the first time in 2015 and we are already saying he's going to keep it up all the way to late January? Kneeeeeejerk.

Hey I ain't liking it, ti just seems how Le genius does things but there is still alot of time left so we will see.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Tokarski cleared waivers once, I don't think they will be that worried about losing him.

IMO The backup once price is healthy will be the goalie who plays best between now and when that happens. I think they keep the better guy. Who that will be, we can wait and see. But I don't think waivers is a big part of the equation, if at all.

Uh I agree to a degree but I beg to differ waivers are always a factor, you never want to lose assets for nothing. Like maybe you remember a certain guy lost on waivers that apparently Big Bob did not understand the rules and lost him ? A rather good defence man as I recall. I think you have really criticized that move over the years.

I wouldn't be so sure.

100% agreed-- the only caveat to that is if they don't separate themselves ex. they play equally as bad or as good-- i would assume they would lean to sending Condon down--- just because Price comes back doesn't mean he will stay healthy--- there is also the possibility they become a commodity that is marketable-- I think it is healthy to have the backups challenging for the role.

Unless Tokarski goes on some kind of major run (and I'm not optimistic that will happen), I can't see them sending Condon down when Price comes back. One goalie showed he could handle playing sporadically (Condon before the injuries), one struggled in that role (Tokarski). When Price is back to 100%, the backup goes back to playing once every 6/7 games.

Yes, Condon's waiver exempt and from an asset perspective, sending him down would allow them to keep all three. They didn't seem to care much about that in the preseason and as things stand, I expect Tokarski to be released in the offseason anyways so I don't think they'd be all that worried about losing Tokarski to waivers in a month or so.

Uh I agree to a degree but I beg to differ waivers are always a factor, you never want to lose assets for nothing. Like maybe you remember a certain guy lost on waivers that apparently Big Bob did not understand the rules and lost him ? A rather good defence man as I recall. I think you have really criticized that move over the years.

Backup goalies are not the same thing as young defenceman. Tokarski is set to be a free agent in the summer anyways. The value of this asset in a trade is not much, and the value of him come July 1st is zero.

Backup goalies are not the same thing as young defenceman. Tokarski is set to be a free agent in the summer anyways. The value of this asset in a trade is not much, and the value of him come July 1st is zero.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but that does not address what I said.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but that does not address what I said.

You said, "You never want to lose assets for nothing"

sure... I agree with that, to an extent.

However, the value of this asset is minimal, and we are likely going to lose him for nothing come the summer anyway.... so my point is that there is a difference between keeping a semi-valuable trade asset like Tinordi and avoiding him going on waivers cause you don't want to lose him for nothing, and a goaltender who has far less trade value and who is likely to be exposed in free agency at the end of the season anyways (and there is no guarantee he'd even be claimed).

Well... Okay.

No one here really like it when I have to step in with an actual game day thread. It means that we're on a 4 games losing streak and in desperate needs for a win.

So now that the team won, you're supposed to be up again today with a GDT...