Dec. 26, Habs vs Capitals, 7 PM

dlbalr

Clearly you haven't watched the Caps much this season...they are most definitely a top contender.

How much of the coverage through the first twenty games said the same about the Habs?

But no, after this team anf my Panthers season tickets, I don't have the time to get misty eyed over mid season contenders.

He fought someone, surely this is worth 12 goals and we will win now.

Again, if it doesn't lead to wins, why do we care?

Him having the balls to step up and fight for a teammate is the most useful thing anyone wearing a Habs jersey has done in 10+ games. Doing ANYTHING productive beats doing F@!KALL, which is what most have done during this slump.

Cross bar, are you ing kidding me?

This team may never score again.

Him having the balls to step up and fight for a teammate is the most useful thing anyone wearing a Habs jersey has done in 10+ games. Doing ANYTHING productive beats doing F@!KALL, which is what most have done during this slump.

Meh, he fought a fourth line scrub... again who cares?

He still handles the puck like a hand grenade, and Pateryn is still the better player.

man these guys are hard to watch. That was a turnover factory in the first.

Is this year a good draft year? I can think of 6 or 7 players I would have no problem never seeing them in a habss jersey again.

Meh, he fought a fourth line scrub... again who cares?

You seriously don't understand why feeding a "4th line scrub" with fists after he takes a run at your 1st line goalscoring winger is important?

I guess you are an all too typical fan of this team that is ok with soft as mush players and a smurf parade, no matter how many times they wilt against more physical teams and during playoff intensity hockey.

Horrible first 10 minutes - there must have been five significant defensive breakdowns. That's what's driving me crazy. This team is better than that and didn't used to do that.

We settled down in the second half of the period, but still sucked on the whole. I could see even before the first puck drop that the team's body language was all wrong. Pacioretty is practically drooping. Partly it's the terrible travel day, but most of it, I think, is just that this team is out of sync, out of self-belief, doesn't want to be out there, really. No one is leading the way - Patches is out of it, PK is playing some of the worst hockey I've ever seen from him, Pleks and DD are trying but impotent. Garbage.

I'm really starting to wonder. This reminds me frighteningly of 2009...lose a couple of key players, the bottom falls out. But this team is supposed to have such a great room, multiple leaders, such positivity, etc.. I don't understand it.

EDIT: I don't understand the argument in this thread either. Tinordi did the right thing and mercifully didn't get KOd. Not a game changer, but kudos to him.

You seriously don't understand why feeding a "4th line scrub" with fists after he takes a run at your 1st line goalscoring winger is important?

I guess you are an all too typical fan of this team that is ok with soft as mush players and a smurf parade, no matter how many times they wilt against more physical teams and during playoff intensity hockey.

That fight was the most entertaining thing I've seen this team do since Thanksgiving.

A fight is an easy thing for a team to feel good about, and I think getting a few good fights under his belt will go a long way for Tinordi's confidence.

1-0, I'll take it after one.

The power play had a nice chance, and the PK did a great job. Condon made a few saves.

There's a reason you see Getzlaf, Toews, Backed fight when things are going sideways for their teams. How about a Max-Kuznetsov brawl? It can't hurt. His sixty foot perimeter shot on the 3 v 2 sure didn't help.

That fight was the most entertaining thing I've seen this team do since Thanksgiving.

A fight is an easy thing for a team to feel good about, and I think getting a few good fights under his belt will go a long way for Tinordi's confidence.

No question. It definitely didn't give the team a lift, though. Only goals will do that, I suspect.

Its a lack of talent, they have been bottom 5 in scoring for years.

The defense is shaky at best, goaltending is shakey at best.

Not really a recipe for success.

I agree with Sbhatt, nice to see someone stand up, as for Wilson being a scrub 4th liner, every team in the league would want that guy on there 4th line including the habs,.

EDIT: I don't understand the argument in this thread either. Tinordi did the right thing and mercifully didn't get KOd. Not a game changer, but kudos to him.

I guess I'm just really happy that the team didn't come off as cowardly for a change. I'm sickened every time Price gets run and the guy doesn't get jumped, as should be the case without fail.

Its a lack of talent, they have been bottom 5 in scoring for years.

The defense is shaky at best, goaltending is shakey at best.

Not really a recipe for success.

I agree with Sbhatt, nice to see someone stand up, as for Wilson being a scrub 4th liner, every team in the league would want that guy on there 4th line including the habs,.

The offense is obviously better than this, though. As for the D, I agree, and as I am adamantly convinced, THAT is the area where the team needs to short things up.

11:01 for Subban in the first. That's a bit too high and it's not like he had to double shift for Tinordi all that often considering Tinordi doesn't play much anyways.

On the plus side, 14-3 at the faceoff dot in the first. Galchenyuk had two of the three losses.

I'm a fan who believes that fighting in the NHL is worthless and doesn't lead to wins or losses....

He fought.. and you said that he shouldn't be put in the pressbox again any time soon.... the fight has nothing to do with my evaluation of his play. As long as he continues to handle the puck like a hand grenade, he can have 10,000 fights and it don't help.

Well, at least Carr is delivering. :bonk:Maybe that'll fire 'em up a bit.

That goal on Condon is, along with defensive breakdowns, the slump in a nutshell. So had to claw your way out of a slump under those circumstances. It's like Murphy's Law at work out there. Gawd.