GDT - Devils @ Habs 7:00 pm

Commandant

There were many games in December where goals were directly his fault. One game in particular was against the stars. He's made some terrible decisions in his own end. Then again the entire played bad in December. I just don't think he's untouchable.

I think Petry is still playing through injury.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, it's quite possible. Can point fingers at alot of players right now I guess too.

P.K needs to figure out his shot out. They need some production goal wise from the D.

Have you seen Schneider's numbers? Most teams score just two against him - 70 GA in 34 starts. This was never going to be a game where the Habs scored a ton and got their confidence going again; if the Habs were going to win, it was going to be a low-scoring affair, that was pretty much obvious. Yes, more scoring is needed - we knew that going into the game though.

I am so tired of hearing "their goalie is really good so we couldn't score" . We had our chances, we just can't bury them. We need a real goal scorer. We actually got a goal from our top 3 last night and a shorty from another 4th liner. We cannot rely on 4th liners to get us the goals.Good teams find a way to win, and good goalscorers find a way to get the puck in the net. I dare say that as weak as we played we should have had 4 goals last night. But that takes a real goal scorer. A first line or second line guy who may not be the best defensive guy in the world but can find the back of the net without a compass. Of course if the guy can't play defence like a 4th liner Le Genius is not going to play him. He will reside in the dog house. That would be upstairs where they serve hot dogs. Maybe that is why bargain hunter MB does not go get one, cause the guy won't play anyways.

Guest Stogey24

I wonder if Pelly was waived, would any team even grab him?

I'm with Dlbalr, wouldn't be surprised if he's gone very shortly. I don't think they'd waive him though

At his size, and his salary (low) someone will see him as a project worth taking.

That said, I don't hate him on our fourth line. He's just not going to be a top 9 guy. Which is fine as long as he's not paid too much.

I wonder if Pelly was waived, would any team even grab him?

I think he'd be snatched up. He's still pretty young with NHL experience; I could see a few teams wanting to use him for depth. That's why I think there's a trade to be made there - though it will be of the very small variety.

I think he'd be snatched up. He's still pretty young with NHL experience; I could see a few teams wanting to use him for depth. That's why I think there's a trade to be made there - though it will be of the very small variety.

That is right up Markdown Marc's alley, so I am guessing you are 100 percent correct.

Hi guys.. been away a bit goofin' off.

I think I liked it more when we just won every game.

On Petry.. the guy simply amazed me with how good he is. Gotta be hurt or beat up. Hope he tunes in and I expect he will.

I'm such a sucker for a pretty face off. :blush:

Don't know why I said that...

Who gets more ictime tomorrow, the pairing of #6-28, or #45-74? Hope the former and to see if G.S.Pateryn & N.A.R.Beaulieu can hold their own vs a Malkin or Crosby line.

It's funny...at the same moment that many fans are bewailing our lack of 'sandpaper' and 'grit,' people are also talking about dumping DSP (and, more understandably, Emelin).

I get that DSP does not bring that game every night. But you can't just throw away every player in your lineup who possesses that hard-hitting element in his toolbox, and then complain that your team lacks grit.

Just a thought.

Guest Stogey24

It's funny...at the same moment that many fans are bewailing our lack of 'sandpaper' and 'grit,' people are also talking about dumping DSP (and, more understandably, Emelin).

I get that DSP does not bring that game every night. But you can't just throw away every player in your lineup who possesses that hard-hitting element in his toolbox, and then complain that your team lacks grit.

Just a thought.

Emelin's shitty consistency, outweighs his hitting to me.

As for Dsp, he almost looks like a player that wants to be traded lately

Emelin's shitty consistency, outweighs his hitting to me.

As for Dsp, he almost looks like a player that wants to be traded lately

The RDS crew had an interesting comment a couple of games ago. One of them said he'd spoken to Bergevin, and that MB had commented upon how profoundly the position of defenceman has changed in recent years. It's all about mobility now - extreme mobility.

Emelin is a victim of this, IMHO. As the speed of the game has ratcheted up year after year, he has been left behind.

He can still rise to the occasion; I see him as a Big Game Player, a guy who shines in tough playoff series (and has driven the Bruins absolutely nuts as a result). But on a night-in, night-out basis, he struggles when confronted with a fast, aggressive forecheck.

The result is that we're on the hook paying over $4 mil for a 5th defenceman. If he made 1.5, I'd have no problem with him.

Pelly, meanwhile, is only 23...if he were to bring a little bit more consistency, he could be a very valuable 4th liner, it seems to me.

I'm fine with DSP. I had pretty high hopes for him early in the season and it's clear his consistency will cost him ever being more than a bottom six forward. He hasn't been that good in the past few games, but he is returning to injury so I'll give him a little slack. If this is what we see from him all season long then it'll spell the end of his career in Montreal. I think he can be a real contributor to our fourth line.

Just a thought.

Earlier in the thread when I suggested I thought Smith-Pelly may be on the move, I wasn't necessarily advocating for it to happen - I just think it might.

Hi guys.. been away a bit goofin' off.

I think I liked it more when we just won every game.

On Petry.. the guy simply amazed me with how good he is. Gotta be hurt or beat up. Hope he tunes in and I expect he will.

I'm such a sucker for a pretty face off. :blush:

Don't know why I said that...

Missed ya TB wondering where you were.