Galchenyuk party 'scandal'

Guest Stogey24

Guest Stogey24

Were they "partying" or "were awake"?

Everything on the story right now is one big

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Well they have meeting with Bergy. So doubt they were all just having a nice little breakfast with tea and crumpets

Right now Montreal and Quebec radio is a cess pool about this story. Everyone working hard to try to tarnish and destroy the reputations of young players. Even worse is publications like Montreal Gazette, respected publications, posting photos of the alleged abuser in her bikini in a way to say, "Look at how hot she is" when she had the police arrest her for allegedly assaulting Galchenyuk. It's pretty disgusting, but we all remember the Worst Day in Habs history. This is natural to them.

Well they have meeting with Bergy. So doubt they were all just having a nice little breakfast with tea and crumpets

Were they partying at 8am? or was everyone sleeping over at the apartment after a night out? Big difference.

Guest Stogey24

Were they partying at 8am? or was everyone sleeping over at the apartment after a night out? Big difference.

I don't care at all, they all party for the most part. Shit happens.

And even if they were partying, they were partying post-game with a what, four day break? Five day break? The team didn't practice again until Tuesday! They were also in their own apartment. They weren't out at a club driving home. They were at their own apartment having a private party.

None of this changes the fact that we know about this because according to the police, Alex Galchenyuk was domestically assaulted by his girlfriend according to witnesses.

Right now Montreal and Quebec radio is a cess pool about this story. Everyone working hard to try to tarnish and destroy the reputations of young players. Even worse is publications like Montreal Gazette, respected publications, posting photos of the alleged abuser in her bikini in a way to say, "Look at how hot she is" when she had the police arrest her for allegedly assaulting Galchenyuk. It's pretty disgusting, but we all remember the Worst Day in Habs history. This is natural to them.

Much ado about nothing. Good lord he got his girl friend pissed off at him. So what. Why call the police? Did she have a gun? I think not. When I was 21 this would have a been a shrug and oh well. Big deal. Far far too much made out of a silly incident.

Much ado about nothing.

I agree. I didn't think it was even worth a mention in the daily links this morning.

I've split the posts off the rumour thread into its own topic. That way we can keep the trade rumours thread for trade rumours and this stuff separate.

Someone got arrested at Galchenyuk/DSP's home? The GM wants to speak to them.

Do you really think the GM wanting to speak to them is unusual?

Guest Stogey24

I agree. I didn't think it was even worth a mention in the daily links this morning.

I've split the posts off the rumour thread into its own topic. That way we can keep the trade rumours thread for trade rumours and this stuff separate.

I love the idea that it's OK for a woman to assault a man. For all we know she came at him with a knife, boys. Assault is assault; and in fact female-on-male violence is often not discussed precisely because of the shaming associated with it. So, not cool.

In terms of the wider issue of Habs on the party - again, I'm having flashbacks to the dreaded 2008:

https://loge19.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/habs-in-cancun1.jpg

Gawd. This is the LAST thing this team needs.

I love the idea that it's OK for a woman to assault a man. For all we know she came at him with a knife, boys. Assault is assault; and in fact female-on-male violence is often not discussed precisely because of the shaming associated with it. So, not cool.

In terms of the wider issue of Habs on the party - again, I'm having flashbacks to the dreaded 2008:

https://loge19.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/habs-in-cancun1.jpg

Gawd. This is the LAST thing this team needs.

you are absolutely right, and to add to that, he will get some element of the shaming for it, and it is wrong, but mark my words he will get no credit or commendation for not retaliating himself.

you are absolutely right, and to add to that, he will get some element of the shaming for it, and it is wrong, but mark my words he will get no credit or commendation for not retaliating himself.

We don't even know what happened. And it's wrong? How smug are you?

People need to get over the idea of young players being held to a different standard about partying. That kind of thinking places athletes on a pedestal, when they're really just normal people. I don't see anything wrong with the idea of Galchenyuk and DSP getting ripped on an off night.

As long as they stay out of the courts then all is good and they can get drunk as f'*k. But as soon as police are called to a young superstar's home, that changes things, no matter who is at fault or how "innocent" Galchenyuk may be.

As long as they stay out of the courts then all is good and they can get drunk as f'*k. But as soon as police are called to a young superstar's home, that changes things, no matter who is at fault or how "innocent" Galchenyuk may be.

Don were you just born old? Do you not remember your younger days? Or are both you Toronto Habs saint? Cause I sure as hell wasn't.

Sorry TH I had to throw that in there just for giggles. :rofl:

So if Galchenyuk gets robbed, he should hold off calling the cops because it changes things? I guess Chuck should have answered the assault with throwing her in the river. Can't let things change.

We don't even know what happened. And it's wrong? How smug are you?

where do you get off talking to me like that?

you didn't even read my post right i said it was wrong that he would be shamed over the incident because he got assaulted by a woman as Cucumber mentioned. Not sure what entitlement you think you have around here bud, but calling someone names over a post you misread doesn't seem like the type of thing that fits in a good community. This is hardly the first time i've seen you particularly take an overly aggressive tone towards people with your comments.

back on topic though, I agree with some of the thoughts here about how this is perfectly fine, couple young kids having a good time on a night far removed from any Hockey related operations, be it practice or a game. Its like going to Cuba on an all inclusive vacation for a week, and being expected to just drink water and pineapple juice the whole time. It shouldn't matter as long as they wouldn't be jeopardizing their abilities during hockey operations of any kind, if it happens on their days off, with days off ahead on top of it, should be a non factor.

Boys will be boys. Nobody knows the context of the arrest at this point so speculation is all it is. The only worrisome thing in my opinion is, if Chucky and DSP make it on a shit list where they are eventually traded off for less than market value.

where do you get off talking to me like that?

you didn't even read my post right i said it was wrong that he would be shamed over the incident because he got assaulted by a woman as Cucumber mentioned. Not sure what entitlement you think you have around here bud, but calling someone names over a post you misread doesn't seem like the type of thing that fits in a good community. This is hardly the first time i've seen you particularly take an overly aggressive tone towards people with your comments.

back on topic though, I agree with some of the thoughts here about how this is perfectly fine, couple young kids having a good time on a night far removed from any Hockey related operations, be it practice or a game. Its like going to Cuba on an all inclusive vacation for a week, and being expected to just drink water and pineapple juice the whole time. It shouldn't matter as long as they wouldn't be jeopardizing their abilities during hockey operations of any kind, if it happens on their days off, with days off ahead on top of it, should be a non factor.

It looked to me like you were criticizing him without the facts, that I will always jump on . IF I read your post wrong then I apologize, however your comment about name calling , where does that come from? Smug is now calling names. If you don't like my posts you know what to do. And so do I. W e are all Habs fans here, I choose by and large (I think) to post real posts, You may or may not agree. That is your choice. As to my entitlement, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea where that comes from. Oh and by the way don't call me bud. It may cause a response you might not like.

update:

"you are absolutely right, and to add to that, he will get some element of the shaming for it, and it is wrong, but mark my words he will get no credit or commendation for not retaliating himself"

Actually it makes no sense at all and you are right . I misread it.

I am sorry.

update:

"you are absolutely right, and to add to that, he will get some element of the shaming for it, and it is wrong, but mark my words he will get no credit or commendation for not retaliating himself"

Actually it makes no sense at all and you are right . I misread it.

I am sorry.

Got a little heated there but props to you for not being stubborn!

As for the Galchenyuk DSP situation, wow. Two early twenty year olds party? Can't be!

For comparison, I partied almost every single weekend (and some weekdays) for the last 4 years, and got an still got an honors degree last spring (yay me). If Galchenyuk and DSP are bad people for this, well uh oh. Not sure what that makes me.

Use of alcohol, partying, even a lot of illegal drug (obviously not including hard drugs like heroin) is absolutely fine; IF it doesn't interfere with your everyday life and goals. I recall us always hearing about the work Chucky puts into staying in great shape, and his work ethic is said to be just fine. DSP lost 15 pounds in the offseason to keep up with the team. These guys have their heads on straight. The most tragic thing about this entire situation is the headache the media caused the poor guys.