Mar. 16, Habs vs Sabres, 7 PM

dlbalr

We're less than an hour away from puck drop in a game where the mentality of the fan bases is as follows:

Buffalo fans: "We're feeling generous tonight so we'll let you win."

Montreal fans: "That's awfully nice of you but it's not necessary."

Buffalo fans: "What kind of hosts would we be if we didn't let you win?"

Montreal fans: "We're your guests, though. It's only right to let you win tonight."

Buffalo fans: "We insist."

Montreal fans: "No, we insist."

Whose generosity will win out? Find out at 7 PM EST on Sportsnet and RDS.

• Upvote 1

We're less than an hour away from puck drop in a game where the mentality of the fan bases is as follows:

Buffalo fans: "We're feeling generous tonight so we'll let you win."

Montreal fans: "That's awfully nice of you but it's not necessary."

Buffalo fans: "What kind of hosts would we be if we didn't let you win?"

Montreal fans: "We're your guests, though. It's only right to let you win tonight."

Buffalo fans: "We insist."

Montreal fans: "No, we insist."

Whose generosity will win out? Find out at 7 PM EST on Sportsnet and RDS.

Hahahaha,,, ah.. competition... :hyper:

Hahahahaha

More entertaining than the game will be, I'm certain. After last night's feast of Suck, I won't be taking a second helping.

Hahahah.. oh boy...

He shoots!

He bores!

Is this what its like to feel all leafy? :blush:

Did I see two of our players stop to do up their laces during a rush?

Not sure what Beaulieu was thinking (this is before the big scrum late in the period). The Habs are already down Barberio (done for the night with some sort of an injury - we didn't even get upper/lower body this time) and heading to the power play. Naturally, Beaulieu thought that this was a good time to get involved in a scuffle well away from the play and get a 10 minute misconduct. Unfortunately, it seems like his time on IR didn't help him in the thinking side of things. (With what they had for a D corps, he'd have been on the #1 PP unit even.)

After all the shenanigans, McCarron got himself 14 minutes in penalties which pretty well ends most of the rest of his night. He'll be back with 6:30 left in the 3rd.

Somebody's asleep at Sportsnet - look what they have for the two Montreal goals: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdtjxbOUEAAoB3-.jpg

What a hugely entertaining game. I sure didn't expect that - just goes to show, it doesn't matter how pathetic the squads. When two teams start hating on each other, hockey can't be beat.

Despite the atrocious first period, the Baby Habs showed a lot of gumption. Two games in two nights? No problem. They were chippy and tough, with a lot of push back.

Scrivens was a big part of the entertainment value. No technique whatsoever, just chaos and flyin' on a prayer.

I don't care how many jacks, Conner, or Austin Mathews we would draft. I would never ever ever want to endure what those teams fans have to endure and are still not there yet!

Without any guarantees, either. Goaltending and defense is what makes a team contend these days, not flashy wingers.

Entertaining, but crappy result.

Many will be happy... 21:36 for Galchenyuk.

Pateryn 21:00, 1g 4hits 3 blocks, he is getting a good run to either prove he belongs in top six come Oct, or they will need to resign Gilbert or pick-up a similar RH d-man this summer?

The Old Russian played 30:55.

Well, will Subban be back for Sens or will Dietz be recalled?