Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Islanders | October 26th, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

18 hours ago, habs rule said:

just remember last year and let's not get carried away. That Muller though is doing a fine job helping Le Genius find his a$$ with both hands. :P

Hahahahahah! 

Sobbbb,,,, I miss PK...   :(

10 hours ago, DON said:

Entertaining game.

Everyone now with at least 1pt, cept Sergachev.

Galchenyuk 30% on FO and only 10 shots so far, when Gallagher had 8 just in yesterdays game?

Nice for team to get off to great start again this year and could Weber be working out any better?

Sobbbbb.. I know..  sob.. 

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

He doesn't create chances?

Have you seen Plekanec's last two games?  He's had HOW MANY CHANCES?

if he keeps playing this way the pucks will go in. 

As for his two-way game not being special.... Tavares 0 points at even strength, Malkin 0 points at even strength, Giroux one point (and at a rare time when Pleks was not on the ice)....  Yup... nothing special. 

I've always really liked Pleks.. great hab. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Watched the games bud, I just don't have a hard on for Plekanec. 

I'm sure he'll be greatly relieved to hear that! 

• Upvote 1

Hey Brian.. can I make a suggestion for the terrific .. nah.. wonderful site you guys have put together for us?

Anybody who knows me knows I love the sound of my own voice. I even tell old jokes to me.... not funny I know. 

And I luv to see my brilliant insights and startling revelations in print.. guilty as charged.. 

ButTT.. Would it be possible to have our webpages go back to the post we quote from and page we quote from after posting?

I usually want to wade through the comments in order to be sure that nobody suffers the horrible outcome of not having me make inane remarks about their thoughtful posts. 

Just a thought.. great site for us.. Many thanks to all concerned 

16 hours ago, Toronthab said:

I'm sure he'll be greatly relieved to hear that! 

:lol:

I'm always fretting about Plekanec taking a step backwards offensively. He's turning 34 and is entering that 'danger zone' where a player can lose a step, or lose that extra fraction of quickness in their hands/wrists, pretty much any time. If this does happen, the Habs will be right back in the crapper at C, relying on DD again to carry a significant part of the load offensively.

That being said, who knows? Pleks could soldier on for another 3-4 years as a perfectly productive, 20+-goal C. I wouldn't infer much, either way, from early season issues.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:lol:

I'm always fretting about Plekanec taking a step backwards offensively. He's turning 34 and is entering that 'danger zone' where a player can lose a step, or lose that extra fraction of quickness in their hands/wrists, pretty much any time. If this does happen, the Habs will be right back in the crapper at C, relying on DD again to carry a significant part of the load offensively.

That being said, who knows? Pleks could soldier on for another 3-4 years as a perfectly productive, 20+-goal C. I wouldn't infer much, either way, from early season issues.

I'd be more concerned this season if Pleks hadn't had an amazing World Cup tournament.  The points will come.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

1 even strength point through 8 games for Plekanec. 

Now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, just because it is the start of the season and all, but 1 assist at 5 on 5 is not pretty. 

16 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I'd be more concerned this season if Pleks hadn't had an amazing World Cup tournament.  The points will come.

Well...declining veterans can often kick it up a notch for brief spurts. Trevor Linden led the Canuckleheads in playoff scoring even when he was a doddering old geezer. So while the WC results are encouraging, I wouldn't read much more into them than I would the offensive struggles of the early season. A few more months will tell the tale.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well...declining veterans can often kick it up a notch for brief spurts. Trevor Linden led the Canuckleheads in playoff scoring even when he was a doddering old geezer. So while the WC results are encouraging, I wouldn't read much more into them than I would the offensive struggles of the early season. A few more months will tell the tale.

Fair enough.  I guess it'd be more accurate to say that I'd be concerned if he'd been similarly snakebitten at the WC tourny as he had during the early goings of the season.  From what I've seen he's still getting chances and shutting down the opposition... he just can't buy a goal.

43 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

Fair enough.  I guess it'd be more accurate to say that I'd be concerned if he'd been similarly snakebitten at the WC tourny as he had during the early goings of the season.  From what I've seen he's still getting chances and shutting down the opposition... he just can't buy a goal.

Exactly.

We are seeing the drop off manifest itself in shooting percentage (which indicates an unsustainable drop off based on luck, not based on aging).

Where we aren't seeing the drop off is in scoring chances for and against (when a player loses effectiveness due to age, its almost always due to generating less scoring chances, and giving up more)... 

So its likely he will start scoring soon.

In the meantime he's done a pretty good job on Stamkos, Malkin, Giroux, Tavares, etc... this year. 

22 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Stop fretting about the future of all the Habs players! Cheer up.

Did you know Plekanec was a Halloween baby, maybe the turtleneck is part of a permanent costume he wears under his gear?:lol:

2 hours ago, DON said:

Stop fretting about the future of all the Habs players! Cheer up.

Did you know Plekanec was a Halloween baby, maybe the turtleneck is part of a permanent costume he wears under his gear?:lol:

He's a Ninja Turtle? wow. who knew?

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2016 at 9:16 PM, dlbalr said:

Truthfully, I have no idea if that's doable or how to even attempt that.

Neither do I Brian, but I seem to recall that it used to be easier to get back to where one was when posting ... oh well 

Thanks for the reply. :D

6 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I think you mean the last read post. The old forum, it would remember your last read post and if you came back to the thread a few days later, it would take you to where you left off.

Click on the "circle" or the "star" in the left column and this still happens.

Its a circle if you haven't responded in the thread... its a star if you have. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2016 at 10:37 AM, Commandant said:

Click on the "circle" or the "star" in the left column and this still happens.

Its a circle if you haven't responded in the thread... its a star if you have. 

You're a star!