Nov. 12, Red Wings vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

33 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I disagree totally, the puck was loose. He wacked at it and it went in. That is a goal. I did not find any replay that was conclusive so the call on the ice stands. It made no difference to the game result but we do seem to get more than our fair share of bad calls.

That much I'd agree with - if you can't find a conclusive angle after five minutes, just go to the call on the ice and call it inconclusive and in that case the goal would have counted.

Just now, DON said:

Thought, no way should of been called a goal, hate when pucks jabbed in or under goalie or goalie shoved into net and they call good goal.

Shouldn't the goalie have free reign and be basically untouchable within his crease? Otherwise why even have a crease?

I saw absolutely no interference, good goal in my opinion.

What I would complain about it simply the number and length of delays in hockey games today. Between coach's challenges, TV time outs, and general recourse to video review any time there is the slightest doubt, it seems like every game drags on needlessly. Just empower the damned refs and move on.

I understand not being able to shove a goalie into the net but he hit the pad and that's what launched the puck into the net.

On that particular play what is the attacking forward supposed to do? Go over the goalie pad with his stick and fish it off of the back of his leg? It wasn't covered but it also wasn't visible 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

What I would complain about it simply the number and length of delays in hockey games today. Between coach's challenges, TV time outs, and general recourse to video review any time there is the slightest doubt, it seems like every game drags on needlessly. Just empower the damned refs and move on.

Agreed.  Being at the game it was utterly ridiculous how long this coach's challenge took.  Crowd was really pissed and it zapped quite a bit of momentum from the period.  Players left the bench to do laps on the ice while we all waited and the refs acted like taking 10 min to figure what should have ultimately been called a goal because of inconclusive video evidence made them look stupid.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

I saw absolutely no interference, good goal in my opinion.

Sure and many would agree with you, HOWEVER, if it was a game 7 winning goal on Price, after him stopping 50shots in the game and the majority of HabFans argument would favour no-goal, wouldn't you agree?

Guest Stogey24

If this goal that's under review in the Vancouver game right now is good, then Byron's goal last night should have counted  

Review took forever again, and they ended up calling it no goal. So stupid  

Edited by Stogey24

Just now, DON said:

Sure and many would agree with you, HOWEVER, if it was a game 7 winning goal on Price, after him stopping 50shots in the game and the majority of HabFans argument would favour no-goal, wouldn't you agree?

You love to stir the pot, but I stand by my point that was a good goal.

I was happy with the call, even if it went against my team. You can't push the puck into the net by pushing all or part of the opposing goalie into the net. Byron did not knock the puck into the net. He moved Howard, and that caused Howard to knock the puck into the net.

I'm glad it is that way. I don't want to see opposing teams doing that to Carey after he's made the stop.

3 hours ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

I was happy with the call, even if it went against my team. You can't push the puck into the net by pushing all or part of the opposing goalie into the net. Byron did not knock the puck into the net. He moved Howard, and that caused Howard to knock the puck into the net.

I'm glad it is that way. I don't want to see opposing teams doing that to Carey after he's made the stop.

I do not believe Howard was moved, the puck was loose. There was no whistle, which in your scenario if the ref would lose sight of the puck he would declared no goal, he called it a goal. He was a lot closer that you or I was. It was a goal. And i do speak as a former (heavy on the former) goalie. I defend the goalie all the time but I believe this was a goal.