Nov. 12, Red Wings vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

13 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Emelin still has me holding my breath when he has the puck in his own end 

I felt that way about a girl in high school. 

55 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Why is Hanley even playing?

Therrien doesn't seem to be happy with Pateryn at the moment.  I'm a bit surprised but happy that they didn't sit him after that deer in the headlights moment that was compounded by the high stick.  Given the score, I'm hoping he leads all d-men in ice time in the 3rd.

31 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

How many angles do you need?

Enough to say no goal I guess. 

I agree with the no goal call.  I don't like the idea that you can push (or hit) part of the goalie into the net to put the puck in.  Fortunately it doesn't look like it's going to matter.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Therrien doesn't seem to be happy with Pateryn at the moment.  I'm a bit surprised but happy that they didn't sit him after that deer in the headlights moment that was compounded by the high stick.  Given the score, I'm hoping he leads all d-men in ice time in the 3rd.

I agree with the no goal call.  I don't like the idea that you can push (or hit) part of the goalie into the net to put the puck in.  Fortunately it doesn't look like it's going to matter.

I agree. I'm surprised with Montoya against Chicago. 

46 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I agree. I'm surprised with Montoya against Chicago. 

Why?  They said all along that they don't want to play Price in back-to-backs.  They're 13-1-1 now, they're not going to play him in the second half of one on the road against a Western team.  Yes, Chicago is the tougher of the two games but Detroit is the more meaningful one in terms of the standings so you play your best for that one.

By the way, this sets a new franchise record for most consecutive home wins to start a season - ten and (hopefully) counting.

Sitting on the train heading home after the game.  What a game it was!  I proudly wore my new Weber jersey.  Top 5 jerseys that I saw tonight:

Price

Galchenyuk

Gallagher

Weber

Pacioretty

I saw one person wearing a Subban jersey (!) - and without fail, saw one Cammalleri jersey.  For a guy who only played two years in MTL, I see his jersey at every game.  Crazy.  

• Upvote 2

Great game by the boys tonight! I must admit, i don't understand why Pateryn was sitting for a second straight game. It is clear that Hanley isn't ready for the NHL yet. All the lines were clicking tonight, and what can I say about Carey? MVP!!!  What a bullet by Weber on his goal! His shot is pretty damn impressive!

Boone bit:

"How dominant is this team looking?

Per the keen stats eye of my friend Ron Reusch, the Red Wings had SIX even-strength shots on goal through the game’s first 40 minutes."

9 hours ago, DON said:

Ho hum, another W.

Galchenyuk tied 8th in scoring.:thumbs_up:

Nice to see Chucky starting to fulfill his destiny!! I would really like to see him finish the season with 75+ points this year.

Guest Stogey24

I've actually been pretty happy with the way Plekanec has been playing, but the stats don't lie. 1 goal in 14 games is an issue. The guy is making 6 million dollars a year. 

Who ever goes on his line doesn't seem to produce either...

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

I've actually been pretty happy with the way Plekanec has been playing, but the stats don't lie. 1 goal in 14 games is an issue. The guy is making 6 million dollars a year. 

Gallagher seems to be suffering playing next to Pleky!!!

7 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

5 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Gallagher seems to be suffering playing next to Pleky!!!

Good posts guys, I was thinking the same on both counts...

I think maybe Patch needs to play with Pleks, they both seem out of sorts, but it's hard to argue with success with the current lines.

Also agree that Pateryn is better than Hanley

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I disagree totally, the puck was loose. He wacked at it and it went in. That is a goal. I did not find any replay that was conclusive so the call on the ice stands. It made no difference to the game result but we do seem to get more than our fair share of bad calls.

24 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I disagree totally, the puck was loose. He wacked at it and it went in. That is a goal. I did not find any replay that was conclusive so the call on the ice stands. It made no difference to the game result but we do seem to get more than our fair share of bad calls.

Thought, no way should of been called a goal, hate when pucks jabbed in or under goalie or goalie shoved into net and they call good goal.

Shouldn't the goalie have free reign and be basically untouchable within his crease? Otherwise why even have a crease?