Dec. 8, Devils vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If the damned dumb-ass joke of a league actually protected its  goalies, maybe Price wouldn't have done that. He was sending a message to the officiating as much as anything else, if you ask me.

He could maybe also send a message to Petry not to push forwards into him as well ... :P

I mean Petry had too - especially after letting Palmieri easily skate around him like that - Palmieri otherwise maybe had a chance to also skate to Price's left, and get a great scoring opportunity. However Petry did push Palmieri a good half meter forward (you can see his skates jumping forward at some point) and could not avoid contact with Price. 

With that said, good for Price and lucky for us! 

34 minutes ago, CerebusClone said:

How is it ridiculous to at the very least maybe have a hearing with player safety about deliberately and repeatedly punching a guy lying down in the ice? Would you say Schneider was just tickling Gallagher if they had done the same to him?

Not to mention that Carey's first punch was a blocker hit to the head, he was lucky not to be expelled from the game as per the rule book. That alone deserves at least a phone call IMO...

TSN has a video up.  He hit shoulder.  He never hit head. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

TSN has a video up.  He hit shoulder.  He never hit head. 

Exactly...he missed the head and caught shoulder.  Lucky for us, because had he struck Palmieri's head, he would have been tossed.

Well he still aimed close to the head, and possibly touched the head slightly .. his blocker could have slipped and slammed Palmieri's head to the ice. The league should not wait until severe injuries before reacting, I'm glad Price won't face any discipline, but at the same time it is not very serious for the league to let players police themselves, and start pummeling another player while he's lying down on the ice (not to mention being held down by another  player)  

Carey Price even said after the game that he's now going to defend himself and retaliate, that this is what the league has become (and he may have a point). By not even speaking with Price the NHL is indirectly agreeing with him, and telling other goaltenders it is acceptable for them to react like this. Last night nothing happened... but what happens when this becomes another Bertuzzi-Moore incident?? Bertuzzi after all was just doing what was acceptable in the hockey culture, defending a possibly suspicious hit on a teammate.. and when Moore didn't want to obey to unspoken hockey culture rules by dropping the gloves, Bertuzzi went for a sucker punch ... another thing that we used to see often back then, and was often unpunished unless it lead to an injury. We don't see sucker punches much since then, all it took is one player's career and almost his life...

3 hours ago, CerebusClone said:

How is it ridiculous to at the very least maybe have a hearing with player safety about deliberately and repeatedly punching a guy lying down in the ice? Would you say Schneider was just tickling Gallagher if they had done the same to him?

Not to mention that Carey's first punch was a blocker hit to the head, he was lucky not to be expelled from the game as per the rule book. That alone deserves at least a phone call IMO...

Based on what I see day in and day out in the NHL there is no way Carey should go. Maybe in a fantasy land he would where the department of player safety actually was tasked with fulfilling the mandate in their title but we simply don't live in this time. Also Carey is a star for the league and they rightfully so do get special treatment. 

Gallagher does get tickled bu opposing players quite regularly and there is not so much as a penalty called on the play most times. One particular instance I can remember was against the jets...here is is

In regards to  the blocker to the head Carey actually missed that first punch. 

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

Exactly...he missed the head and caught shoulder.  Lucky for us, because had he struck Palmieri's head, he would have been tossed.

I would actually be shocked if he got tossed for that. He's Carey Price, not PK Subban. 

20 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's fine when it's your goalie and not your forward. Shoe on the other foot and it's a travesty which the goalie needs to be suspended. Good for Price.

Maybe this is why Patch doesn't dive the net as often anymore. 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Hey, wasn't Weber suppose to stop Price from getting ran? 

Anyone that thinks 1 player can prevent this is nuts. I know your being facetious. 

Best way to stop it would be for everyone to react like Price on occasion when something like that happens. Just periodically snap and lay down a beating if anyone even coughs on him.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's fine when it's your goalie and not your forward. Shoe on the other foot and it's a travesty which the goalie needs to be suspended. Good for Price.

Lundqvist didn't get a match penalty or a suspension, so why should this be different?

1 hour ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

I see the Pacioretty haters aren't lining up to apologise. Typical<_< 

Now they are just gonna lie in the weeds until he has a cold spell...those spineless basturds:devil:

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Lundqvist didn't get a match penalty or a suspension, so why should this be different?

Point was good for both goalies (until the league makes sense of what the crease is supposed to mean). People just tend to view it based on which team they support.

Guest Stogey24

It would be nice to see Beaulieu build of this past game. He had some serious drive. 

If there was ever a time for him to step up and make an impact in games, it's now. 

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

It would be nice to see Beaulieu build of this past game. He had some serious drive. 

If there was ever a time for him to step up and make an impact in games, it's now. 

Not to beat him up, but still thought he had couple soft giveaways. But the dude shows flashes of what he can do with his great skating and some puck skills and has been tantalizing for couple years now. Just need him to put it all together and maybe get more aggressive and jump up on offense more. He seems to have the speed to rush puck, dump it in and beat any defender to it.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, I had blinders on a bit, so wouldn't surprise me if he did make some questionable decisions. 

I think stick to your strengths might be the biggest motto Beaulieu needs to follow. I understand this team like to play a controlled game, and it's pretty tough to defy the system, when Therrien is your coach, but Beaulieu needs to start taking some risks. He's at his best when he's rushing the puck. Not when he's stationary and has to make a pass from his own end. IMO

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, I had blinders on a bit, so wouldn't surprise me if he did make some questionable decisions. 

I think stick to your strengths might be the biggest moto Beaulieu needs to follow. I understand this team like to play a controlled game, and it's pretty tough to defy the system, when Therrien is your coach, but Beaulieu needs to start taking some risks. He's at his best when he's rushing the puck. Not when he's stationary and has to make a pass from his own end. IMO

Almost seems like he loves to make a 100mph pass; but then tosses softball pucks up along the boards, which are easily blocked and keeps them pinned in own end.