Most Urgent Trade Rumour???

alexstream

There are rumours of Niinima on the Block and of Havlat on the block. What we have to give is not important, just focus on who you'd get right now. Consider that we have 21 goals for and 18 goals against. Consider that Theo and Souray are underperforming, but that Zednik has yet to play a game.

I'm going with Niinima (and I'd trade the stickboy Ribeiro for him... but that's not the debate!! please!)

Havlat is a better player but he's dirty and our need for defence is greater than our need for offence. Niinima makes more sense and a Ribeiro package is plausible.

Niinimaa has 18 pim and a -4 rating.

I do not consider Havlat to be of use to us. We can drop Ribs and Dags without a problem. A forward does us no good unless they are a real star.

Souray is scaring the hell out of me. He is playing the worst hockey of his life.

I am not confident that Streit is ready for even #6 duty full time. (Even though his last game was solid).

If we have a hole, it remains on defence. I will say that the hole is not near as big as it was considering the improved play of Bouillion and stellar play of Markov.

Is Niinimaa the guy we need?

I don't think so.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Then who is the guy? There's no one better on the block. It's now or trade deadline or never.

We're 5-2. What's the rush?

Originally posted by PMAC

Then who is the guy? There's no one better on the block. It's now or trade deadline or never.

We're 5-2. What's the rush?

No rush, just discussing about rumours :P

Here's a rumour floating around:

Kovalev + Souray + Ribeiro

=

McCabe + Lindros + Domi

WHat do you guys think? Oh ya, did I mention it's an E-87?

=

McCabe + Lindros + Domi

Sorry to say, Bulis, and no offense meant to you, but this is one of the silliest rumors I've seen...for one thing, Leafs management love McCabe, don't think they'd part with him, and Kovalov just played the game of his life (as a habs), so he's not goin anywhere either.

Sorry, BTH, I don't understand the 'now' part of you three possibilities.

Is there something special about the 'now' that is built into the rules of the leagues? (ie. no trades after a certain date until the 'trade deadline' time? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

1971 - met my wife to be, 2nd year university at Windsor

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

=

McCabe + Lindros + Domi

If that actually happened, I would fly to Montreal and protest outside the Bell Centre. I shudder to think of Kovalev leaving, or Lindros/Domi playing in Montreal.

=

McCabe + Lindros + Domi

Dude, that's freaking hillarious! Bravo.:clap:

I heard that McCabe wasn't in the package though...:D

Originally posted by simonus

=

McCabe + Lindros + Domi

Dude, that's freaking hillarious! Bravo.:clap:

I heard that McCabe wasn't in the package though...:D

No, it was originaly rumoured as Berg but Gainey wasn't that dumb. It seems like McCabe will be the #1 defenceman we've been looking for!:hlogo:

i really think so. I mean - what has souray ever done? McCabe is the Canadiens future.

I'm sure the habs faithful will forgive lindros when he puts on the CH. He is soo much better than Kovalev.

[Edited on 10/21/2005 by simonus]

Excuse me while I be sick about either Dummy or Head Case being a habs.:puke:

I am glad this trade will not happen. McCabe could be good, but this is early in the year and did he not get 4-5 points against Atlanta?

Niinima could be a good pick up if it cost us not much more than a bucket of pucks.

Kovalev gives us a trusted star who will help the younger guys with his play.

If the Leafs end up losing and have to keep Owan Nolan it would look good on them. Overspending Bast..-censored-..'s. If they end up buying him out I would love to see him in habs uniform if he plays for league minimum. I guarantee he will help against the Leaf big guys because Owan is a presence on the ice when healthy. I would take Nolan over Dags!

By the way... the trade was a JOKE! And we don't need McCabe. There's so much bettern out there and for cheaper. Niinima is a better guy to have.

Originally posted by CoRvInA

guys guys ... Kovi aint going no where!!! Unless Lindros speeks Russian and cares to babysit ...mmmm I DONT THINK SO... read the stuff on Kovi mentoring!

Once again we were joking. We all know there isn't a chance of Kovy leaving. Lea<b>d</b>ing, however, is another story.

I think D is our soft spot like all habs fans but I would still take Havlat.

At least with Havlat you could trade who ever he replaces on the wing [likely Zeds] or just flip him for a bonnafide # 1-2 D-man.

Havlat is dirty but he gets his space on the ice from it [that plus the fact you can't catch the guy]